“Good food and wonderful view” 5 of 5 stars

175 West Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Aquarius - Dream Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 328 Restaurants in Santa Cruz
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bay Street
California
“Good food and wonderful view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2010

Aquarius is a great addition to the Santa Cruz restaurant scene. We have eaten there a few times and the food has been consistently good. The lovely view is a bonus!

“Yummy Breakfast!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed at the Dream Inn for 3 nights and decided to have breakfast there one morning at The Aquarius. It turned out to be a great breakfast with incredible views. I would highly recommend at least trying them out. We can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
California
“Enjoyable Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

Nice location & modern decor.
We appreciate the quality of the food and service. They offer fly of glass of wine from local producers (Napa & Monterey).
A charming stop for travellers who do not want another joint-burger meal...

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Cruz
“See the beach and enjoy a steak, but don't expect good service!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2009

The food was acceptable. The appetizers were sub-par and the measliest portions possible! $10 for just TWO Sliders the size of small cupcakes. The "Chowda" was watery and two of the 6 clams (in their shells) were bad. $37 for a small steak, 4 shrimp, and 4 stalks of asparagus. The free bread was delicious, however. Beautiful view of the beach, lovely furniture, but it is strangely altered by loud reggae (which doesn't fit the atmosphere). I went there for my 21st birthday but didn't order a drink and was insulted by the manager getting a bottle of wine from behind our table: "So I hear it's someone's 21st birthday... I also heard you snubbed the first drink." Our waitress was totally inattentive and the staff was so uncoordinated that two people asked us for our drink orders and two people came to bring us steak knives for dinner. Since it was my birthday, we were taking pictures and a waitress stood by the table and told another employee, "God, they're taking SO many pictures." To sum up the entire experience: bad service, mediocre food, HORRIBLE prices, and confusing atmosphere. If you REALLY want good food in the Santa Cruz area, try Acapulco on Pacific!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2009

My first night in Santa Cruz I ate at Aquarius. I had the Halibut special - just wonderful. Grilled Halibut serverd over shaved beets and asparagus, preceeded by the Aquarius Salad - field greens with cucumber and soy peanut dressing. Everything was absoulutely delicious.

The next night I wanted to try one of the other restaurants nearby, but it seemed every one I looked at served nothing but deep fried overly sauced food. So I went back to Aquarius, and I'm so glad I did. I started with the Candy Stripe Beets, then for my main the Hangar Steak with Summer Bean Ragu. My server recommended a Zin that was perfect with the steak. Dessert was homemade strawberry shortcake with strawberry gelato. I waddled out, a very happy person.

• 5 of 5 stars Food