“A quaint little hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
Wellesley, Canada
“A quaint little hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Decent prices, but we had some problems with our door locking. We also had trouble getting a parking spot right in front of the door, which led to some frustrations unloading luggage. The room was clean and spacious, but slightly outdated. The restaurant was hilarious as it has all these clocks that go off with random songs and random hours. All I can remember is the titanic song one. Other than these few strange things, I would say it's still a decent hotel. It's more like a motel with it's drive up to your door rooms. Very close to the highways you'll need to get anywhere and there appeared to be a bus that went by at certain times of day. No one bothered us and we were fairly happy with it overall.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Clovis, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed here September 29th-30th, 2012 with my daughter's cheerleading gym. They gave us a group rate and accomodated us very nicely. The rooms were nothing spectacular but they were clean and spacious. I would have liked some air conditiong but I absolutely can not stand a stuffy room and it was a particularly warm weekend. The hotel is not particularly close to the Boardwalk but the property is beautiful. I am not sure if I would stay here again or not. It is nice but I would prefer to be closer to the boardwalk and restaraunts.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

this place was so horrible the lady at the front desk would give us our money back on a dispute we had came in there and made only because we were being ripped off, straight up. we paid for everything with cash but because they had our credit card on file the employee there had illegally charged our card the full amount that we had just paid for in cold hard cash. It was appauling and completely unbelieveable how frickin rude that lady was. man, we couldn't believe it. but finally, thankfully after a whole month went by and i went in there 4 different occaisions to talk to the damn same lady each time. well i finally got the money refunded back to my bank account. thanks for reading my review!!

Santa Cruz, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This place is horrible the person that works their completely screwed us and took our cash money payment for a room for two nights and then a week later charged our credit card the same payment fee for the two nights that we already payed for. We had gone there and spoke with them and they said that they'd call us but never did. Then a week later we tried contacting them again and called them and they said that they'd give us a callback again the next day. We are very unhappy with this place, extremely poor service and talk about customer service. This place is totally unbelievable; we can't believe they haven't done anything about it yet. Totally lame place, totally lame situation, and now its a week away from being a whole month now and they haven't done anything about it. Grrrr!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Atwater
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

When you first see the hotel it has a very quaint and cottage like appearance. The rooms are very crisp and clean in appearance, the beds are very comfortable and the flat screen tvs are terrific. The bathroom in the suite was roomy but the fan should be upgrade since it squeels when on. While the road noise wasn't real bad, it was louder because of the extra window on the corner room. A bigger problem was the excessive light coming in through the windows from the exterior building lighting the hallways. Purhaps some type of pull curtain over the wood slat window coverings for the night time. It was very convenient to the freeway and the golf course behind, with the beach just down the road. I would stay there again for sure, just maybe on the back side, before I would stay at the Comfort Inn or Best Western especially for the comfort and value.

Room Tip: Stay on the back side of the hotel for a quieter room, away from the highway traffic.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brentwood, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I were needing to take some time to get away from life, so to speak, to be able to pray and talk about our future. The fireplace room we were in was comfortable, warm, and quiet. Just what we needed. Its easy access to the freeway and Santa Cruz made it the perfect spot. We were there in the middle of the week so there were very few guests at the time.Will go back again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

My dog and I stayed here about 4 weeks ago and I always love staying here. We stayed in the "dog room" and we both enjoyed our time. The property recently cleared a wooded area that is more than 1 acre to allow for people and their pets to enjoy. My boxer went running through this area every morning and evening. We saw three deer during our stay and my dog was thrilled. If you have a dog that needs to run like mine does, this wooded area is perfect!
I have stayed at this property 5 or 6 times and I never have had a bad stay. The beds are comfortable, the rooms clean, and the staff is always friendly. The complimentary breakfast is also an added plus. One tip, if you are a solo female, request a room near the front of the inn as the back is a bit isolated. I had my dog with me, so I was fine.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Inn at Pasatiempo? Share your experiences!