“Greatly improved.” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Los Angeles, California
“Greatly improved.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express recently. The hotel has improved greatly since the last time I stayed there many months ago.

The hotel is clean, the staff is super-friendly (especially the front desk), and it's probably the best 'continental' breakfast I have ever had at a hotel.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

At the front desk....you will find Katrina!!!......just the best!!...Gave me much info on Santa Cruz in a very nice and friendly way. The hotel is very clean and close to the freeway. Katrina!!...a total Ray of sunshine!!!!......on a very rainy day!!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The office manager (katrina) is a sweet heart! To me a smile and warm greeting goes a long way in making someone feel welcomed and that's what you get here. Then I got a call a few hours after checking to see if I needed anything! I've stayed in numerous hotels and never got that type of call. This is my go to hotel when in the area. Nice clean rooms and great neighborhood with lots of places to eat and the beach is a short drive away.

Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Every week for the past 3 months on Tuesdays and Wednesdays I've been staying at the quality inn on ocean. Today the room wasn't ready so we decided to try the holiday inn across the street. Basically Same price for a much nicer room. Hansen and Katrina are great additions to the staff and made my stay much better.

• Stayed December 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The prices were crazy on the weekends. Otherwise, it was a pleasant stay. The staff was very helpful. The only other downside I could think of is that there is no ATM machine in the hotel. You will have to cross the street to the doughnuts place.

• Stayed September 2014
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here one night last week while on the road from SLO to San Jose, and I LOVED it!

I spend close to 200 nights per year in hotels, and I knew this place was going to be great before I even arrived. When I called to let them know that I would be arriving late I was fortunate to speak with Katrina. She seemed genuinely excited about my arrival - she said "I am so happy you are on your way, we have been expecting you!"

When I arrived, Dominique greeted me, and when she saw my name she said to Katrina: "Hey, this is BillyW!" and Katrina greeted me and showed me the plaque honoring me as Member of The Day. I have stayed at plenty of Holiday Inn's, and I have never been member of the day.

I felt so welcome, I felt like I was back in Hawaii from all the Aloha I was receiving! When I got to my room I loved it, comfortable, up to date, and super clean.

Breakfast was great there as well. I was better than the standard breakfast I got at another hotel the day before. Plus, there was a man working there that also demonstrated great hospitality. I wish I remembered his name. Oh well, just ask Katrina and she will know.

The best part of this stay was the hospitality. Thanks!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Scituate, Massachusetts, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed at this hotel for business. It isn't in the greatest area if you want to walk and feel safe.
Very convenient to the highway and not too far from the beach. Service was good, rooms clean and a lot of choices for the free breakfast.
Pool is located between the buildings so it is shaded a lot of the day. Workout room had sufficient equipment for a small hotel and very clean.
Garage parking very convenient.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear LAK143,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about customer service and breakfast.

However, we’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding our location. We will look into this concern. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express Santa Cruz? Share your experiences!