We stayed midweek in November. A great time to visit Santa Cruz (the Boardwalk will be closed midweek). Walking distance to lots of local restaurants. Excellent walking path/bike trail along the coast of Santa Cruz that was north of the Sea and Sand Inn.
Rooms were surprisingly quiet although the back was on West Cliff drive.
Free continental breakfast, free wine and cheese in the evening (good wine I may add). Nice places to sit at tables on the bluff of the beach. A good "base" for visits to Monterey too (about 40 minutes away). Much less expensive than staying in Monterey may add (almost half of the average price).
Room was spacious (we got the lowest price room). Bathrooms are really large in size (enough for a wheelchair if you need it). Wireless WiFi in all areas.
I highly recommend the Sea and Sand Inn and we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The ocean-front Sea & Sand Inn has always been popular with savvy out-of-towners, but a major renovation in 2009 has added a whole new “wow” factor. Three new luxury king spa rooms with ocean view balconies were added; two spacious family cottages with private hot tubs and three other spa rooms were also upgraded. All 22 rooms have a fantastic ocean front view of sparkling Monterey Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Sea and Sand Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea And Sand Hotel Santa Cruz
- Hotel Sea And Sand
- Sea And Sand Inn Santa Cruz