“Close to downtown and the beach AND CLEAN, spacious rooms.” 5 of 5 stars

Ocean Pacific Lodge
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Pacific Avenue, Santa Cruz, CA 95060   |
Ranked #19 of 51 hotels in Santa Cruz
Central Coast of CA
“Close to downtown and the beach AND CLEAN, spacious rooms.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We booked this at the last minute for a rate under 75$ but I would have paid more. They said their wife was down, but it worked for us. A spacious room with two queens, fridge, and continental b'fast.

Close to downtown and very short walk to West Cliff. The breakfast room is large. We stayed on the 3rd floor of 3 because I like to have noone above me. Quiet and comfortable.

I suggest rooms 314, 315, or 316 as their entry is on the interior. But I also noticed that the other rooms with entry over the parking lot have windows that look out over the pool which might be nice.

• Stayed December 2012

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Within walking distance from shops, the boardwalk and the wharf. I had what was probably the noisiest room, since I was on the corner next to the round about and for me, it wasn't as bad as other "quiet" hotels have been. Nice room and decent breakfast. Ended up as a solo trip so I ended up going for lots of walks, which is a good way to learn about the area.

Room Tip: Look online for deals
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

This place is fab. We booked on the day and got 50% off the rack rate. Easy parking. Cheap DIY laundry facility. Decent breakfast - they have a waffle iron (not my thing but cool if you like making waffles!) and loads of syrup to go with it. Easy walk to the wharf and the boardwalk. And super efficient and helpful reception staff. Also, they let us keep our car parked on site until 3pm (4 hours after check out). That was helpful because the Cool Water Classic was on and parking was a bit tight in the township.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Basel, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

my title says it all: its a good hotel if you want to spend some time with your friends or family. We came by car, had a good parking space and the rooms were ready. Only the water in the whirlpool was brownish, so not that recommendable. But since its close to the ocean (5min walk) its worth the money spent - i would go there again.

Stayed November 2011
Yuba City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed in early October 2012. Our room was upgraded to 2 King bed room which ended up being 2 seperate rooms which worked out very well. All for the same price. It is very close to the Boardwalk. Accomodations and staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

The room was clean and big enough with basic amenities. Walls were a bit thin, though we were prepared for that as this is a lodge. The breakfast got the day started. Nothing special, except the waffles that were a nice addition. A big minus for me was that the WLAN did not work. After 1-2 minutes it stopped functioning claiming that I had used P2P applications, which was not true. The reception was not able to assist me, but I did hear that many other visitors had had problems with the connection, too. Yet the issues remain unfixed. If I wouldn't have really needed a functioning WLAN, my rating would be 4 out of 5. Tip: Found the cheapest offer from their webpage.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We stayed one night in Santa Cruz and I am very happy with our stay. We had a newly renovated room and for the price, we were very happy with the quality of the room. Excellent value for the accommodations. I would recommend that you ask for a room away from the breakfast room because it was a little loud in the early morning. The front desk staff was very nice and the breakfast was good for it being included. Overall, we were very happy with our room and would plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the breaskfast room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Pacific Lodge? Share your experiences!