“5 Star Treatment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel

You added Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   175 W. Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly Coast Santa Cruz Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Exploration Vacation
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Fowler, California
“5 Star Treatment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I booked a Women's Retreat here with over 100+ ladies all went very smooth the staff went above and beyond to help us with all our needs they always had a smile. Our rooms were very nice and clean, the view amazing, we loved the easy access to the beach.We will use this hotel again for our retreats and personal stays.

Room Tip: I went in all the rooms of our quests and I have to say they are all great
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
San Jose, Ca.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I have lived in the bay area all my life. I have seen the Dream Inn change hands several times over the past few decades. It is an old property that had seen better days. I had heard that the hotel had been recently renovated, so we made reservation for News Year’s eve. We were skeptical as we checked in and rode the elevator to room 1021. Both my wife and I were shocked when we entered the room. The room had new furnishings, freshly painted interior and smelled fresh. The bathroom was nicely done. It had plenty of lighting and even included a lighted make-up mirror, along with new robes for wearing out to the pool area, the beach, or just lounging on the private balcony over-looking the wharf and boardwalk. All of the staff was cheery and pleasant through-out our stay.

Room Tip: Top Floor (in the tower section) offers exceptional views of the beach, the wharf and boardwalk. We...
Oakland, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed here as a local day trip to de-stress. Everything about this hotel was great, the location, the room, were all outstanding.it is the closest hotel to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk. the others I was considering, where across the street from the Beach. The Dream Inn was Oceanside. i would stay here again and again if it ended there, however i was over-billed and while i called to advise them, they never corrected the error, or followed up with me. I even received a Survey a couple days after my stay and let them know, but no response. It is these small things which i feel differentiate a 5 Star hotel to a run of the mill 3 Star one. I had strongly considered this hotel and the West Cliff Inn. On my next trips this summer, I will need to try the West Cliff Inn due to the lack of follow-up by Dream Inn.

I would never discourage someone from staying here, but people should know to make sure to be on top of their hotel charges, because i had three issues , one still un-resolved on my simple one night stay here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Clayton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our second time as a guest at The Dream Inn. (The first time was equally awesome.) The entire staff was so nice and friendly. Whether they were greeting us at the front desk, in the hallway as they cleaned rooms, or delivering room service, everyone was so warm and genuinely seemed to care how we were doing. The room was very clean and inviting. The biggest attraction is the view. We could see so much from our balcony. The beach, pier, boardwalk, sunrise, and much more were so amazing. We ate our breakfast on the balcony while enjoying the beautiful view. They were great in accommodating my gluten-free eating issues. Very happy with their wanting to make it work for me. Eating GF isn't easy, but they were amazing in wanting to make my experience over-the-top. They were successful.
There are many things to do here. Local shops, The Boardwalk, Pier, and many miles of shoreline trails to walk along. The pool/hot tub was very clean and had a great view of the ocean. This is my first ever review, so I hope I have thoroughly expressed how much we love this place. We are beach lovers, and consider this a great Hawaiian-like place to visit. Thank you "Dream Inn" for being so awesome! Dave

Room Tip: All rooms face the ocean. We were in room 626 and loved it.
University Place, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Our youngest daughter was unable to come home for Christmas due to work requirements so we came down and booked two rooms at the Dream Inn. It was pricey (prior to the holiday Expedia was selling rooms for $160 but over Christmas it was $258 plus tax and $24 for parking your car in their lot (!!). However, if we were going to drive a long way to be with our daughter and s[end Christmas Eve and Christmas at the beach in Santa Cruz we didn't want to settle for "almost on the beach". We were clad we didn't settle. Christmas Eve and Christmas were 75 degrees and clear and stepping onto the balcony with the view of the bay, the wharf, the surf - and both sunrise and sunset - was incredible. The room was large and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, and we had a perfect holiday. We got our money's worth.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Stockton, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dream Inn and loved it! It's right on the beach and the view from the hot tub and heated pool is terrific. The sitting area at the pool has fire pits and was a cozy place to have a drink and hang out. The rooms are very comfortable, staff was friendly and being able to walk to the wharf was great. They offer package deals and we did not have to stay 2 nights. It was a really good deal. We've stayed there before with the kids and they had a blast. It's a family friendly hotel but is also a romantic setting.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

When we were looking for a hotel in Santa Cruz, I did not think that there would be such a treasure as the Dream Inn! Check-in was a breeze AND because I signed up to be in their "JOY OF LIFE CLUB" I was rewarded with my choice of either wine or sparkling water. Remember, sign up for this free perk when you book your room. We had a junior suite on the 7th floor and the view of the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, the pier and the sweeping view down the beach was incredible and the location is perfect. There is also a small table and 2 chairs on the balcony so that you can sit and just take in the incredible ocean view. The HEATED (yes, heated) pool is so nice and warm, you can actually swim in the winter months without freezing. And, what makes the Dream Inn Hotel the best? You are literally steps away from the ocean with your own beach area. I didn't know that such an incredible hotel existed in Santa Cruz. It is very, very, very nice. If your date is firm, take advantage of the 30 days in advance hotel purchase. It is non-refundable so if something happens, you cannot cancel. But, if you can book your hotel with the 30 day in advance payment, you will save $$.

Room Tip: 7th Floor has incredible views -- be sure to request a high room -- not ground level.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!