The hotel is located on the north end of Santa Cruz beach next to the Wharf. Arrival was handled well although getting into the hotel drive is tricky. The drive appears suddenly and is flanked by bicycle lane barriers. Ample self parking is located across the street. All rooms face the Ocean giving fantastic views of the Wharf and the Bay. The Bay is shaped in such a way that the Hotel rooms face south east with the sun setting on the Town side of the hotel rather than over the Ocean. The Hotel does not allow dogs but are very tolerant of Service Dogs. The surrounding area is busy with the coast drive to the north and the town down a hill below the inn. The Amusement Park is 3 to 4 blocks from the hotel, the road in front of the Amusement Park is One Way going away from the Hotel. If driving, getting back to the Hotel takes some work. There is a small beer store across from the Wharf entrance that has most of one’s immediate needs. There is a café/bar on the far side of the Wharf entrance. Stay away from this place, their mission in life is to take your money in any way they can. The Wharf area attracts transients so expect them to be part of your experience.
Our room was on the 10th floor, the elevators were modern, fast and usually available. The room was large with a nice balcony. The balcony railing was constructed in a way that it was open at eye level while sitting, this is one of the first hotels that I’ve found that provides this consideration. The Balcony contained two chairs and a round table. The sliding glass door worked smoothly and if left open would allow the sounds of the surf to enter the room. The room contained a refrigerator and a safe. The safe was wide enough to hold a lap top computer. The Wi-Fi codes were on a card but they weren’t needed as the Wi-Fi connected when the computer was started. The Wi-Fi was free and worked well. The bathroom was a nice size with a fair amount of counter space. The tub had a large shower head and a hand held wand. All the bathroom features worked well. On the outside of the bathroom entrance was a coffee bar that provided extra storage drawers and extra counter space, across from that was a closet.
The pool area was nicely located between one end of the hotel and the beach. The area was large and clean with tables, chairs, and umbrellas. The pool area also provided a hot tub. This area was isolated from beach traffic.
The hotel had a Restaurant with a beautiful view of the sea. They also provided a bar with slightly better prices and happy hour drinks. The food and the service were very good in both the restaurant and the bar.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Santa Cruz
- Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Dream Hotel Santa Cruz
- Coast Santa Cruz
- Coast Santa Cruz Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fun culmination between the beach and the slightly offbeat town of Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz Dream Inn is the ideal destination for a weekend escape, corporate event, family vacation or a romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Priceline, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.