I chose the hotel based on the location on the beach in Santa Cruz and the heated pool. We had a a really good experience and would certainly return. We checked in early. The staff was friendly and accomodating.
Our room was on the 10th floor and had a great view of the wharf, boardwalk, beach and cliffs. I liked the room's fresh, modern design and cleanliness. We were able to walk everywhere: the wharf, the boardwalk, West Cliff Drive, the beach. The only downside: It was a busy weekend with lots of families so the pool was a bit crowded and it took more than 30 minutes for our drinks to be delivered. Then we were charged for someone else's order, so double check your food bills. We spent most of our time on the beach, accessible directly from the pool area, which was convenient. Tip #1: Watch out for the seagulls on the beach. They stole my son's unopened cereal bar from my beach bag. Tip #2: Try the fish and chips at the restaurant at the end of the wharf: The Dolphin. The best we've had in a long time (better than the others we tried on the wharf). Tip #3: Get lunch to go at the Picnic Basket. The turkey sandwich was delicious.
- Also Known As:
- Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel Santa Cruz
- Dream Inn, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hotel
- Dream Hotel Santa Cruz
- Coast Santa Cruz
- Coast Santa Cruz Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A fun culmination between the beach and the slightly offbeat town of Santa Cruz, the Santa Cruz Dream Inn is the ideal destination for a weekend escape, corporate event, family vacation or a romantic getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.