“What an Awesome Experience!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel

You added Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel to your Saves list
Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   175 W. Cliff Drive, Santa Cruz, CA 95060 (Formerly Coast Santa Cruz Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Exploration Vacation
Ranked #6 of 53 Hotels in Santa Cruz
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Wahiawa, Hawaii
“What an Awesome Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2012

The Dream Inn, located right on the beach, is THE hotel to stay at while visiting Santa Cruz. This was my first stay at this hotel and I was not disappointed. From the moment I called the hotel to set up my reservation to the moment I checked out, I had absolutely stellar service. The valet attendents made sure my car was exactly how I wanted it (top up or down), the front desk receptionists greeted me by name with smiles every time I passed thru the lobby, and the room was really beautiful and modern with a wall of windows and doors. All the rooms face the ocean and have nice patios to sit on to enjoy the sights of the beach, the boardwalk and the ocean. Very relaxing! The bed was very comfortable and I let the sound of the surf lull me to sleep. The hotel sits right next to the famous Boardwalk too. This will be my Santa Cruz hotel and I will return again very soon. Thanks Dream Inn for a wonderful week!

Room Tip: I loved having a room in the Tower on a higher floor because I had a wonderful view of the Pier and...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

The Dream Inn is a great place to stay by the beach. You won't be disappointed with your choice here. Here are a few pros and cons.

PROS:
- Extremely helpful and friendly front desk staff. We were very impressed.
- Great view of the pier, beach and ocean
- Excellent location
- Very clean
- Updated, nice decor

CONS:
- Heater was very noisy. We had to turn it off to be able to sleep.
- Bed was on the hard side
- Both valet and self-parking were expensive at $22 per night

All in all, the pros greatly outweighed the cons. The friendly front desk staff stood out the most as the best part of the stay. We were especially impressed with the Front Desk Manager, who went out of his way to ensure we had a great stay. We would not hesitate to choose this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

We stay at the Dream Inn a couple of times a year. Every December we attend a fairly large party here and the service we receive it above and beyond. To be honest, we really like the Joie De Vivre hotel experience! The service we have had at every single JDV hotel we have stayed at has been stellar!

The staff = simply fabulous. It seems as if they select only the best of the best = perfection!

The rooms are unusually delightful and there are always special little touches. At this Inn there are Keurig Coffee Makers, wonderful photos (Surf and boardwalk inspired) the lamps, furnishings and shutters are very appealing. If you open your curtains everything just flows... the room just connects to the outdoor view.
At the Dream Inn ALL of the room face the ocean...simply breathtaking. The hotel is right next-door to the famous Boardwalk as well.

Room Tip: *The only tip I have is to ask for a room at the end of the hall since outside hall noise can creep...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

Walking into our room, we were met by a wall of glass windows and doors looking out to the ocean and beach below. It was really beautiful. The sound of the surf lulled us to sleep and was a lovely background sound when we were in our room. The bed was very comfortable. The valets were very nice, efficient, and helped us to navigate Santa Cruz. This was our first visit to this part of California and we really enjoyed it. Breakfast at Zachary's was delicious!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Antioch, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have three small children and my family and I stayed her fourth of July weekend. This is the best hotel for that weekend because you can still go there to enjoy the holiday but are away from the crowds at night and have your own little private beach in front of he hotel. The hotel is beautiful! Most of all it's clean. I'm a germ freak and I was happy that the room was spotless and very clean The beds are so comfortable and we left the sliding door open all night and fell asleep the sound of the ocean. There is a pool at this hotel with pool service which is nice. Now that Iv'e stayed here I cant stay anywhere else. Even if its more expensive I don't care because it's worth it!

Room Tip: I'm pretty sure all rooms have an ocean view
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Orangevale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This is by far the best hotel in Santa Cruz. Yes, it is also probably the most expensive, but hey, you get what you pay for. Each room has a private balcony overlooking the ocean. The hotel also has its own private entrance to the beach. Doesn't get better than that.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Reno, Nv
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

For many years growing up, my family would always stay at the Original Dream Inn. It was like a landmark when you pulled up to the wharf in Santa Cruz. Well, the magic is back and better than ever at the New Dream Inn. After nearly 6 years of skipping past Santa Cruz, my wife and I stopped into town with our boys to try out the New Dream Inn. Wow, what an amazing experience we had! From the moment we arrived and the help at the front desk to the awesome service we received at the pool. This is the only place to stay when visiting Santa Cruz! I will be returning again and again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Dream Inn, a Joie de Vivre hotel? Share your experiences!