“Huge menu & great prices” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Calgary, Canada
“Huge menu & great prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

The menu selection is huge- they have everything, including all day breakfast. The diner has a very great atmosphere, is busy all the time. We went there twice- for lunch and breakfast. Both meals were great and were very reasonably priced.

58% Recommend
Santa Cruz, California
“Typical diner. Food is good for the...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2010

Typical diner. Food is good for the price. I take the family there on Sundays. Lot of options.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
El Cajon, California
“Good food, good price, good atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We were up visiting the kid at UCSC and stopped at the diner for dinner, two nights in a row. I'm pretty budget oriented and the kid wanted some solid food (sorry UCSC, bad dining hall food).

Santa Cruz Diner has a great selection and great prices. We were quite satisfied with it all. The atmosphere is nice and casual and we experienced some pretty good service.

We'll visit again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Santa Cruz
“Rude Staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2009

A friend and I picked this diner for its distance from the Hotel that I work at. The breakfast was great our waitress was great!.. When we decided to pay for our meals I used a visa card as payment our waitress was so busy that a hispanic older gentleman took our payment when I asked him to break a 20 bill he cussed me out in spanish (not relizing I'm hispanic as well and understood exactly was he was saying, not to mentioni was 7 months pregnant!!) The food is ok if you dont mind being cussed out! I called the manager the next day for some reason I guess we had a bad connection ?? But he didnt understand what I was saying and hung up. I work for a major hotel chain down the road and i absolutely refuse to send guest's here. Take a short drive and visit the Walnut cafe you get alot more for your buck and the service is the best!

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
San Jose, CA
“Very Homey Diner-Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2009

Have been coming here since I had a brief stint on a project in Santa Cruz and I have to say the food is a wonderful value, nothing out of the ordinary for a traditional American Diner but the service makes the place. From its funny signs littering the front counter to the classic neon signage it exudes a home-like feel. Plus its OPEN 24 HOURS which I absolutely loved with my unstable work hours. I highly recommend this wholesome diner to anyone visiting town.