“Excellent, clean, new” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Excellent, clean, new”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2008

Much research showed that many of the hotels in Santa Cruz are rowdy motel-style beachfront shacks. Thankfully, we discovered Bella Notte. It is a family-run, newly constructed oasis of cleanliness and hospitality in Santa Cruz. It is centrally located and has ample parking. We stayed there for the first night of our trip on our drive down the coast, and it was very comfortable. The rooms look exactly like the pictures on their website. Everything was very clean, and there were ample amenities such as free water in the room, HDTV, plush bedding and robes. We had a fireplace in our room which was very nice. Since this hotel is fairly new, all of the furniture in the room was new as well, and it had tile floors which we prefer to carpet. Our rate was $179 for a Monday-night stay in October, and we felt that was fair.

• Liked — Newness, cleanliness, family-run
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Cruz, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

My wife and I stayed here recently for two nights. The room was very nice and the bed was very comfortable. Excellent bedding, shower, TV, lighting, and fixtures. My only issue was that the shower was a bit noisy from the upstairs room. And there was road noise from the fairly busy street.

We would stay there again. Maybe we'd try to get an upstairs room.

• Liked — The cleanliness and style of the rooms.
  • Disliked — The noisy shower from upstairs room.
  • Stayed October 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
El Cerrito, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2008

I stayed for only one night for a quick trip to Santa Cruz. After seeing the other hotels Santa Cruz had I didn’t want to stay anywhere! Most looked like motels and the rest actually were.
I decided to book with Bella Notte because the pictures looked good.
Once I arrived I was pleasantly surprised. The room was very large with high ceilings, a walk in closet and large bathroom with heated floors (a very nice touch)
The room felt more like a master bedroom than a hotel room and I slept like a baby.

This was my first visit to Santa Cruz and the Bella Notte will be my reason to come back for a relaxing getaway close to home.

• Liked — Large Room, Heated bathroom floors
  • Disliked — Outside room entrance - No indoor halls
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
vyp
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2008

I stayed at the hotel for 6 nights. It was lovely. The bath was awesome. I am tall and never find bathtubs that are the right size. Here they were perfect with room to spare. And did I mention the bubble jets? Relaxing. Michelle was fantastic! Alan and Susan were
great! This will be a number one stop for me!

• Liked — The Tuscan feel.
  • Disliked — The rug.
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fresno
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2008

The Bella Notte Inn, meaning 'beautiful night' in Italian, is the place to stay when visiting Santa Cruz. Initially, I was apprehensive about booking 2 nights/3 days for the lady and myself because the price seemed too inflated. Once we arrived on site, our stress levels faded as Michelle cordially allowed us to select a room.

Michelle presented us 2 rooms and we selected room 4 as it contained a bubble bath; the other room was much larger but was reserved for the handicapped.

From the duck down pillows by Pacific Coast to the romantic ambience created by the room's light features, we will definitely stay here again.

Our favorite features:

*ample parking: although if the inn was full, I don't think there is enough stalls for every guest (even with 1 car space per guest)

*cordial welcome: Michelle allowed us to select our room and suggested local restaurants; Al, who I believe is the owner, was also friendly

*room amenities: heated bathroom tile, bath tub with jet feature, romantic lighting, wet bar, fridge, mirrored closet with robes, sandals and safe with keypad, very comfy pillows and bed...everything was simply wonderful

*breakfast: boxed cereal, Costco muffins, fruit, english muffin, apple or orange juice, and other selections

**location: Mexican restaurant approximately 250 feet, Twin Lakes Beach in just 7-10 minutes walking, and a quick drive to the boardwalk, downtown and other local attractions

*the lobby also has a DVD library which we failed to utilize

Please review our images for your consideration.

Thanks,

A_and_V_Jimenez

• Liked — Amenities and location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2008

Booked this hotel for my elderly parents. Staff bent over backwards to accommodate their needs. The room was perfect for them. The walk in shower and heated floors made the experience so pleasant. They were in town for their grandsons wedding and were delighted with the hotel, staff and the town of Santa Cruz. I would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area.

• Liked — staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

I stayed at the Bella Notte last week for two nights. The room was lovely, new, clean, comfortable and very tastefully decorated. While on a moderately busy street, I heard no street noise because I had the air conditioner on. The bathroom and room are very large and the wireless internet is fast and free. There was an in-room fridge, little cocktail sink and closet safe.

In addition to the bed, my room only had one little straight back desk chair. There is ample room to put a reading chair and footrest which would add to the guests' comfort.

The continental breakfast downstairs was a little sketchy (there were guests sitting and eating right in front of the little sideboard where they had the food. To get food, I had to nearly put my rear in their faces). I didn't even realize there was a refrigerator with yogurt and juices. The continental breakfast doesn't start until 8:00, which is way too late for most of us over who rise early. When I checked in, there was no offer of help with my bags which would have been a problem had I had a larger bag ( I certainly would have asked). I did not see an elevator and I was on the second floor, so I lugged my bag up the stairs. For $200 plus per night, you expect to receive the little courtesies.

The above are mostly comments and not complaints-the innkeeper can fix a lot of these.

I will stay here again in a heartbeat since I will be visiting Santa Cruz regularly.

• Liked — fast internet, lovely rooms, in-room safe
  • Disliked — lack of seating in room
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff? Share your experiences!