“Nice hotel in a quiet area” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Breakfast & Parking
Ranked #1 of 52 hotels in Santa Cruz
Glendale, CA
“Nice hotel in a quiet area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here for 2 week nights during the second week of June. This is a lovely small hotel with some nice features.

There isn't a lot of beach front accommodation in Santa Cruz, and this is only a block or two away from a very nice beach, Twin Lakes. It is on a busy street but we didn't hear any traffic noise. (Except when we were packing up on Saturday morning, we got to see a huge vintage car club go cruising by. An unexpected pleasure for my car nut husband and son.) We did have to drive places, but I liked that the hotel was away from the busier areas. We ate at a Hawaiian restaurant which is within walking distance of the hotel, and it was very good, and very Santa Cruz casual. There are also a few other restaurants withing walking distance that we didn't try.

We stayed in a very large upstairs room, #8, that had a King bed and plenty of room for a roll-a-way bed for our son. Everything was very clean and new, with an elegant feel to the furnishings. We appreciated the fridge and the large walk in closet with shelves to keep all our things. The bathroom was nicely appointed, and we loved the heated floors! I also liked that there is a window in the bathroom for ventilation, though it faces the parking area. The staff was friendly and helped us carry our (excessive) luggage up the stairs! I didn't have any of the included continental breakfast, which is very basic. But the owner gave my young son a homemade cookie that was not part of the regular breakfast. He was thrilled!

The only downside was that the room only had one window so it was a little dark inside. And the bed was a little soft for my taste, but I prefer a firm mattress. Otherwise I would highly recommend this hotel to those looking for a nice place away from the Boardwalk, and withing walking distance to a nice beach.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

113 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011 via mobile

I stayed here a weekend with my wife and found it to be a wonderful gem. The staff was extremely friendly and accommodating, and the rooms were clean and well-decorated. The LCD tv with hdmi was a delight as I had brought my own system to play videos.

No, the inn is not on the beach but just a few blocks from one, which kept the area quiet and peaceful.

The only thing I couldn't find nearby was a vending machine for drinks which could have been handy but the restaurant next door solved this problem.

• Stayed May 2011
SF,CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2011

I was nervous about staying just because I thought the pictures were doctored up a bit, but it was a very pleasant stay. We paid 149/nt which was the cheapest I could find in the area. The rooms are just as pretty as the pictures and they were very clean too. It looks as though the place may have been recently renovated because it smelled new. We aren't too familiar with the Santa Cruz area, but having closer to the boardwalk before, this place was just a bit of a drive more....maybe 7 minutes more. It isn't a big deal and you drive through a couple of nice beaches on the way. It's closer to the harbor restaurants, an area I never knew existed. It's in a quiet neighborhood and while there were a good amount of cars driving through the road in front of the hotel, it wasn't too noisy where we weren't able to fall asleep. If you are staying here hoping to get the free breakfast make sure to ask if they'll have it. They told us that since there weren't too many people staying in the inn they weren't going to serve breakfast. It didn't matter much to us, but if this is a must for you make sure to inquire before you book. Inn keeper was friendly and helpful. If you want to stay on the second floor like we did just call and ask which rooms those would be. We were in 7 and 9. Room 7 was very spacious while 7 had a smaller square footage. Both were perfect for double occupancy.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2011

Clean, warm, pretty and comfortable. The Bella Notte fit the bill on our trip that was a combo business/pleasure. We decided to stay in Santa Cruz since we were doing business with our 3-year-old and Nanny along. They could enjoy the area by foot/bus and we could commute over the hill. The commute was a tad long, but so pretty, we didn't mind. And the hotel fit the bill. And we really appreciated the friendliness of the hotel staff. We'll likely stay here again.

Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2010

We stayed one night when moving our daughter out of UCSC. Nice, quiet residential neighborhood. Lovely owners (I assume they're the owners) Carol and Alan were cheerful and efficient in getting us in and squaring us away about how to work the WI-FI. The room was quite large, and so welcoming that we decided to get take-out and have dinner in our room rather than eat in a restaurant. Heated bathroom floor - great! I am a usually a chronic bargain-hunter but I didn't at all regret spending the few extra bucks to stay here. Comfortable beds, bathrobes, HDTV, wet bar and fridge - all added up to a great stay.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Hollister, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

If your looking for comfortable, clean, well appointed and modern ammenities while staying in the Santa Cruz area, look no further. I've stayed at the Bella Notte Inn on several ocassions and I am never dissapointed. I put out of town guests there frequently and they all have enjoyed their stay. The owners treat you great and the rooms are comfortable. This is the newest hotel in the area and it's in the right location.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Sierras
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

We had a delightful overnight stay at the Bella Notte Inn. We found the room to be exceptionally clean and welcoming with wonderful decor and soft linens. The host allowed us to pick our room once we got there and we chose the one with the fireplace. The room also had a small kitchen area with sink and refrigerator and we felt like we could have stayed there for a week! The bed was firm, which my husband likes, and the pillows were soft, which I like. It was also about a three block walk to beach access (You have to walk down stairs) and was in a nice part of Santa Cruz.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Bella Notte - The Inn at East Cliff? Share your experiences!