“great rest after a day at Six Flags” 5 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yuma, Arizona
“great rest after a day at Six Flags”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My friends & I stayed at this location after a long drive from Yuma for a day of roller coaster nostalgia at Six Flags! We were not disappointed in our accommodations. The staff had great recommendations for dinner within walking distance, the room was very clean and comfortable, and I found the decor really quirky & charming. I will definitely make this my go-to hotel whenever I'm in the area again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Friendly staff and a clean room were a major plus. Pool is an outdoor pool. Standard wifi is adequate but not blazing fast. Breakfast included typical Fairfield Inn fare such as reconstituted eggs, sausage, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, waffles, fruit, and muffins. Our room included a microwave and a small fridge. Desk and counter space were very good, with the desk tucking under a counter but having wheels so you could pull it out for more space and to angle it however you wish. Room overall was a tad smaller than average, but adequate (no sofa, but there is a small arm chair tucked away between a wall and one of the beds). There was no real "hang out space" for a larger group (for example, if you were traveling with a family of four, half of you will be sitting on a bed rather than a chair or sofa).

One issue is the thin walls. We could always hear our upstairs neighbors walking around (loud walking, not just hints of someone walking). And we could hear the loud mumbling of conversations to our side. Some hotels do better than others on the insulation, and this one seems to have built on the cheaper side of soundproofing. Still, this hotel is a good choice if you can get a deal.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
SF Bay Area
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were really happy with our stay at Fairfield Inn. The hotel was very clean and quiet. Our room looked mostly modern and in great condition. The breakfast was much better than most free hotel breakfasts, a great spread. The beds were comfortable. The pool and spa were perfectly heated. We really only spoke with the staff member, Topher, who checked us in. He was friendly and welcoming. He gave us an excellent recommendation for dinner within walking distance.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

The room was clean (most important). The room had a microwave, mini-fridge and a coffee maker. However, we were on the second level and the only ice machine (according to the informational papers provided) was on the first floor. We came in late at night after a day at Magic Mountain and didn't feel like roaming in search of ice. We were looking forward to plunging our aching feet into the Jacuzzi - but it was closed by 10:00 pm. The rooms were small compared to comfort Inn Suites (next door) for same price which was equipped with 2 queen beds and a pull-out sofa bed.

Room Tip: Regular wifi was free, however faster wifi was at a charge.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, March 17, 2015
Traveler, Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay with us at the Fairfield Inn. We are glad to hear that for the most part you had a great stay with some minor things that made your stay less than perfect! We are sorry to hear we fell slightly short of perfection as that is what we strive for in all of our guests experiences. We thank you again for taking the time to share with us about your stay and look forward to your future visits to the area!
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2015

The room was very clean, attractive, and well appointed. The hotel staff was excellent. Everyone was attentive, friendly, and professional. The hotel offers some nice services- like same day dry cleaning. The lobby is attractive and inviting. The location is very convenient and safe.

However, the walls and floors are paper thin. I could hear everything going on in the room above me and the rooms on each side of me. I could even hear people talking quietly in the hall. If you like peace and quiet, this is not the hotel you are looking for. Moreover the combination AC/Heating unit in the room (#218) was very loud. This was actually somewhat of a plus, because while running it masked the noise from the other rooms and hallway. The bed had the odd quality of being very firm around the edges, but very soft in the middle- not comfortable.

The free wifi was adequate for my needs, but the hotel offers higher speed wifi for a fee.

Not a great value for $150+ per night.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, March 9, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your recent stay with us. We are glad that our staff, service and cleanliness help made your stay, we are sad to hear that we fell short of a perfect stay due to the noise impacts you experienced in our rooms. We have also communicated with our maintenance team and have repaired the A/C unit that was in your room. We thank you for taking the time to share about your recent stay with us as feedback is the only way we are able to improve. Our goal is to make every guests stay one of the best.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2015 via mobile

Good beds, pool and hot tub. Typical breakfast. Clean. Seems updated. My wife would stay again, so perfectly good by me. Some Fairfields very average but this is better than most. Exercise room at sister Residence inn next door.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay at our hotel! We love to hear from our guests and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.I am so glad to hear that our staff, service, amenities and our recent renovation helped make your stay. We appreciate your time and look forward to your future stays in the area!
Costa Mesa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2015

My elder son and I were doing a weekend fishing trip up to Castaic Lake and decided to use this place to stop overnight. It's been several years since I was last at a Fairfield and I was really pleased with this location.

I used the Marriott site to setup the reservation and was pleasantly surprised to receive an email from the day manager confirming my stay and asking if I had any questions. Since I was planning on calling to make sure we were expected for a late arrival, I emailed her back and received an immediate reply that my record had been updated with that note for the evening shift.

We arrived at the hotel around 8:00 PM, earlier than I had estimated given Friday night traffic and were politely greeted by the front desk staff. He gave us the run down of the hotel and directions to the hotel amenities. The lobby decor looked recently updated as well.

We had an end unit which was nice. The decor was significantly upgraded from my prior experience with Fairfields and it was obvious that they were tailoring it to business travelers as well as "medium" stay visitors - those who might be staying four to five days, for example. The beds and linens were comfortable and clean, turned down for us, and the room had a really nice workstation setup with a flat-screen TV on one end, a microwave, coffee maker, mini-refrigerator on the other and a laptop workstation area in the middle. The laptop area had a built in power bar with six plugs. Very thoughtful. Lighting was good and the bathroom was clean with appropriate amenities.

Perhaps the only "con" is that the sound insulation was a little lacking. We could hear the other visitors in the one room we shared a common wall with with and, even though we were on the third floor, we could hear the guests in the pool area below. The folks at the pool were having a good time and politely left the pool around 9:30-9:45 PM. Likewise, walking down the hallway we could hear the other guests in the rooms as we passed. No one was being obnoxious or anything and there were no kids running up and down the hallways at odd-hours (there were children staying there), a good reflection on the parents. I could also hear the truck traffic from Highway Five, nearby. Nothing terrible, just obvious.

The breakfast area is small - perhaps 15 tables - but the bar is well stocked with scrambled eggs, sausage patties, breads, cereals, fruit, juice, waffle maker, coffee, milk and yogurt. It was a perfect breakfast. As we got down there a bit late (8:30 AM), there were only a few other guests so no lines and we had a table to ourselves. We enjoyed the breakfast!

The morning staff was pleasant and thanked us for the stay. Parking and access are easy. WiFi is free and faster than some of the "higher end" hotels I've stayed at. Additionally, I noticed that the connection strength was excellent and I didn't have any drops or low signal problems.

I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: Since the sound level might be an issue for lighter sleepers, ask for an end unit.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
RIFFISC, Front Office Manager at Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia, responded to this review, February 4, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to share with us about your stay! We are so glad to hear that we were able to be such an important component of your fishing trip at Castiac lake with your son! We look forward to your future stays in the area.

Been to Fairfield Inn Santa Clarita Valencia? Share your experiences!