“Getaway close to home.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Santa Clarita, California
“Getaway close to home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

My friend and I finished up our mommy's day out by staying at the Hampton Inn. To be honest, I was already on board to love this place: the prospect of having a night's sleep without the regular mommy interruptions already put me in a happy place. But the place won me with overwhelmingly friendly desk staff (my friend was guest of the day, with a special parking space and snacks), warm and charming ambience in the rooms, and one of the most comfortable hotel beds I've ever slept in. I slept diagonally just because I could. There are refrigerator, microwave, coffee pot, and hair dryer; ample closet space; decent cable selections. Drawer space is limited, but not an issue for our overnight stay. The coup de gras was the fabulous free breakfast, inclusive of yummy Belgian waffles with strawberry compote, crispy bacon, boiled eggs, the works. I am honestly pondering making this a regular stop just so I can get a good night's sleep every once in awhile. A comfortable night's stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you Brittany B for sharing your lovely post with us. The Hampton Inn Santa Clarita wants to thank you for your great comments and we cant wait for you to come visit us again soon. We are always looking to enhance our guests overall experience!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at five different Hampton's on this trip and they were all great. This was no exception. The staff were very nice and polite when we checked it. They made you feel like they genuinely cared that you were staying with them. The room was spoltless and up to date. For those who love their wifi- it was great. I was able to stream movies on youtube without a hicup on my iphone while the spouse was using the ipad (we were on the top floor). The breakfast had a nice variety of food and was well stocked. Great stay.

Hello hercules71,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your experience with us. It truly makes us happy to know that you were able to enjoy your stay and be comfortable. Once again, thank you and we hope to see you soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while visting Six Flags. The service as well as the room was very good . The only downside was the breakfast which was not very lovely. However they offer a big variety of food till the very end of the breakfast window. Additional they pay much attention to your needs. We would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello daphil01

Thank you for staying with us on your recent travels to Santa Clarita. I’m sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with our complimentary breakfast offering. We really value all feedback from our guests to find out what we can do better to make each stay more enjoyable. Please feel free to reach out to me to let me know what you liked and what you didn’t like about our breakfast. We really like welcoming you back with us, so please let us know what you think we should change!

Thanks again for your comments and please visit us again soon!

Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

This hotel was such delightful place to stay. The check-in (and check out) was easy with very polite staff. The Internet was fast, place exceptionally clean, rooms comfortable with thermostat controlled air conditioner, and the beds were so comfortable I could have slept for hours past when I had to get up and go. During happy hour, there was air popped popcorn, a vegetable tray with dips and even little containers of peanut butter for dipping, and fruit...among other items. The biggest surprise was I was selected "guest of the day"..what a hoot! Great marketing idea. Got a nice 'goodie bag' and best of all....my own parking space right out the front door. So I guess this will be my 'go to place' to stay in Santa Clarita, but the hotel was so nice that I'd stay there again even if I hadn't had the "guest of the day" designation. The hotel is very convenient to lots of restaurants and shopping...and is easy to reach the freeway.

Room Tip: Rooms were quiet, so not sure there was a bad room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Southpass_TN

Congratulations on being our guest of the day! I’m happy you liked our gift bag at check in time as well as your designated parking spot near the hotel entrance! At the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita we always try to create a “home away from home” atmosphere by offering cookies, popcorn and other nice offerings. Thanks you for acknowledging the friendliness of the staff! I like to pass on your nice words to my team to show them that their hard work is being appreciated by our guests! Please come visit us again soon!

Jeroen Buiks
Sacramento, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

We stayed here on the way to La Jolla. The location is a bit hard to find, just look for the large "Hampton Inn" sign off the freeway. Quiet, clean, great breakfast. Staff was very warm and helpful.

The breakfast included egg omlettes, waffles, fresh fruit, muffins, oatmeal, bagels. I love that the coffee is out 24/7 in the lobby. Cookies in the lobby in the evening. We walked over to Outback Steak house, which is right next door. There are other restaurants very close to choose from, all one block away or less.

Hello travel4funn,

Thank you for reviewing your stay at the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita. I’m happy that you enjoyed your time with us and that you especially liked our breakfast! The best way to find our hotel is to enter our address in the city of Stevenson Ranch instead of Santa Clarita. Thanks again for staying with us and we all look forward welcoming you back soon!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here on the way back from Bakersfield to LA, and planned to visit Magic Mountain. This is an excellent location along I-5 for both needs, although it's a little tricky to find the road from the freeway exit.

As other people have said, the parking lot is EXTREMELY small for the number of cars, and this was on a weeknight. There are at least 20 spaces marked as "compact" which were mostly empty at 10 PM, so clearly there are too many spaces for too few compact cars. Also, the reserved spaces for Blue Elite members never seemed full.

This hotel seems to have received the recent upgrades made in the Hampton chain, but certainly is not quite as modern and upscale-feeling as other properties, probably because of its age. We had a Queen room (the Kings sell out quickly!?!), and it was way too tight for a Queen bed and 2 grown adults. The huge bathroom door swings out into the room so far that if you try to walk around the bed in the dark you might hurt yourself. I would consider rearranging these rooms or resizing the doors somehow. There was a nice desk and micro-fridge in the room, but again it just feels too tight with all that furniture and a Queen bed.

Also, on this visit the power went out in the middle of the night and the air conditioning turned off, so we woke up in the dark, sweating and confused. Not necessarily the fault of the owners, but it didn't add to the enjoyment of this hotel, and in the dark I couldn't see if the windows opened.

Everything was clean, the breakfast buffet was good, and the staff friendly and helpful. However, because of the parking and the room's tightness, I feel that this property is just ok compared to some other Hamptons.

Room Tip: Avoid the one-Queen rooms for 2 adults.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Hello PittTrvlr

Thank you for sharing your experience with our hotel! I apologize that you had trouble finding a parking spot for your vehicle. Every now and then we are in a situation that we are tight on parking spots, but this only happens on sold out nights during July and August. During these leisure months we see more SUV’s on the lot than we would usually see with business travelers. We always advise guests to inform the Front Desk in case they are unable to find a spot as they can come up with some alternative parking spots close to the main entrance. Most rooms in our hotel have two Queen Size beds and the second most common room type is a room with a King Size bed. These room types are in high demand and sell out fast. We do offer a few rooms with a single Queen Size bed, and this room type is indeed a bit smaller than the other rooms we offer. If you like to stay with us again in the future I can highly recommend a room with the two Queens or the one King bed as they offer more space. The power outage was also a big surprise for us and this affected the whole community of Stevenson Ranch. Fortunately the power came back on after about an hour and a half, but I do understand that this was quite an inconvenience to our guests (and we we’re fully committed that night!).

I’m sorry to hear that we disappointed you because of the parking lot situation. I sincerely hope that you will consider staying with us in the future to find out that this situation was very uncommon and that finding a parking spot is typically not a problem. We all look forward welcome you back soon when travels brings you to the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley!

Sincerley,

Indio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

As soon as we arrived, there were chips and dip in the lobby and a great front desk staff! We had a perfectly clean and cold room our entire stay. The complimentary breakfast was by far the best I have ever had! We looked forward to it each day. Thank you for such a great experience. The staff is super friendly and really made us feel welcomed. I will recommend your hotel to all of my friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello Griselda A

Thank you for sharing our experience with the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita on Tripadvisor! My staff is always trying out new snacks for our guests! This week we offered corndogs, Cheese cubes and Watermelon, so you never know what to expect, but that keeps it interesting! Thank you for acknowledging the friendliness of my staff. I always like sharing encouraging feedback from our guests. Please visit us again soon when visiting the Santa Clarita/Valencia area!

Regards,

Jeroen Buiks | General Manager

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita? Share your experiences!