“Excellent Value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 hotels in Santa Clarita
Seattle, United States
“Excellent Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We are a family with twin 5 year old boys. Room was very clean, comfortable beds, nice TV. All the staff was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast also started early in the morning, which was nice. Happy with room and breakfast. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Hello Kari O,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent stay to Santa Clarita. I’m happy that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and that you and your family liked our complimentary breakfast! We hope you will choose our Hampton hotel again when you are in need of accommodations in the area. We look forward taking care of you next time.

Jeroen Buiks

388 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Vancouver Island, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

As we walked into the lobby of this hotel, we had a good feeling about it. We checked in at the front desk and were offered complimentary snacks and drinks, and (after checking with mom) our kids were given candy from a lollipop laden dish. The smiling ladies at the front desk commented on my daughter's balloon and made her feel special, and then they apologized for taking time to honor our request for a room away from the freeway side of the hotel (which they didn't need to apologize for since they were quite fast in getting our room, and we were really happy that they paid attention to our request and honored it). They also pointed out the three carafes of complimentary coffee, tea and hot chocolate (available all day) and told us they'd be making popcorn for guests later that evening. I liked this place already.

Our room was clean and comfortable with a fridge cold enough to turn some of our pop to ice (this is a good thing!). Strong, reliable and complimentary WiFi in the room and microwave too. We noticed how well the pool was maintained and cleaned, and kept at the best temperature. After a dinner time swim we were on route to our room and the ladies at the front desk told us they were about to bring freshly baked cookies out of the oven. Yes, free cookies after a swim. Do I mention how I liked this place?

Complimentary breakfast for the family at the hotel and less than ten minutes to drive to Six Flags Magic Mountain. There are a bunch of restaurant options nearby for lunch and dinner (McDonald's, Dennys, Outback, Wendy's), and an In-N-Out Burger right across the street. Yes, In-N-Out Burger right across the street. I considered moving into this hotel permanently after finding that out.

A wonderfully clean hotel with friendly staff and special service. And In-N-Out Burger right across the street (did I mention that?).

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway and you'll have a nice quiet room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Dear Michelleruss,

At the Hampton Inn Santa Clarita we take great pride in delivering great customer service. Nothing is more rewarding to us than to see that our guests enjoyed their stay, and that they had a great time while staying with is. It is my pleasure to pass on your nice words to all people involved, from my front desk agents to my housekeeping staff. Again, I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. On behalf of the entire team we all look forward welcoming you back soon when visiting the beautiful Santa Clarita Valley!
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on route to San Diego. Perfect in every way. Convenient location. Lovely modern room. Decent wifi. Close to Outback Steakhouse and numerous fast food options. Nice pool area. Breakfast delicious and staff friendly throughout. Couldn't ask for more! Would thoroughly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay with us at The Hampton Inn Santa Clarita. Thank you for taking the time to post your response. We hope to see you again soon.
greensboro, north carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

We stayed here twice for a week within a 6 month time period. We were very satisfied both times. Clean, spacious rooms, great breakfast, friendly, accommodating staff, friendly housekeepers, just a great place overall. Great location if you want the attractions of LA but don't want to stay in the city or pay the price. It's just far enough out to be quiet but close enough to go back and forth.
We highly recommend this Hampton! A great, clean, quiet place!

Room Tip: The king bed with sofa bed is a good sized room for a family. On our 2 visits here we didn't no...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your response! We are glad to know that you had a great experience with us. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Was here on business and originally planned on staying every week for 10 weeks. I ended up checking out early and moving though as I just couldn't breath when in my room.

The customer service was excellent and they did all they could to accomodate me. The first night a guest across from me chose to smoke in his room which subsequently came straight into mine as there was a good inch gap at the bottom of my door. I told the front desk and later the police showed up and ejected the man. It was quite a sight.

The room was clean but the air conditioner was so loud and the walls so thin, I barely slept. That plus the questionable air quality did me in. The front desk was super cool about it and we tried foam pillows in place of feathers, but the second night yielded equal results. I just couldn't breath in the hotel in general. As soon as I would exit, I could breath clearly once more.

Its not really the hotel's fault and they did all they could for me. They offered to move rooms but after the smoking incident, the kids running around everywhere, and the lack of breathable ait, I just decided to give up on the Hampton.

All that being said, it is a fine facility with great customer service and a great location. It just didn't work for me with my allergy issues and business/quiet needs.

They gifted me some extra Hilton honors points on early checkout even though I wasn't looking for compensation of any sort which was above and beyond in my opinion.

I did have some issues where they actually added two additional holds on my cc a day after I left, but I finally got that resolved with their business manager.

If you have sensitive allergies, need a quiet place for business, and are in the area, this may not be the place for you.

If you are here for magic mountain or just passing through, and value great customer service and aren't as susceptible to allergens, you can not beat this place for location, price, and great service.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your experience with us. We apologize for the inconveniences you faced during your stay. We truly wish you did not give up on our Hampton because we love to have you here, but we truly understand and hope that in the near future we can better accomodate you. Once again thank you!
Mineola, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

I always stay at a Hilton hotel property for any trip I take. I recently stayed at the above hotel and the staff was friendly and helpful, the room was clean, the cleaning staff were friendly and accomodating, we had a free breakfast every day. We always know what we're getting when we stay at one of these hotels, good quality and service for the money. I have many allergies and had no problem at this hotel. It was a non smoking, no pets allowed hotel. We never have to worry about bad service, bed bugs or anything else at the Hilton Hotels. We are a rewards customer and would never consider staying anywhere else.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, make sure your room is not located near the pool.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jeroen B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your Hilton Honors loyalty! We appreaciate you staying with us and for counting on us to always be there for your comfort and satisfaction. We are happy to know that we are doing things right and would love to see you soon! Thank you for your wonderful comments!
Burnaby, BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We enjoyed staying here very much! Upon arrival, there are free cookies and popcorn to munch on. The room was clean and comfortable. Lots of room to sit at breakfast.( 6 AM ) If you want a table, come early! A typical hot/cold breakfast buffet. A special treat for us was having In/Out Burger across the street! Everything went well, and we would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time and letting us know of your stay with us. We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our breakfast and our front desk cookies and popcorn! Thank you and we hope to see you soon!

Been to Hampton Inn Los Angeles/Santa Clarita? Share your experiences!