“Hidden Gem” 5 of 5 stars

CLICK HERE SAVE ON RATES
Ranked #4 of 6 hotels in Santa Clarita
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed at the santa clarita motel over thanksgiving while visiting our family. This was by far the best motel we have ever stayed in, and we practically live out of a suit case. let me just start by saying this is not a motel in any way shape or form, in ways this place was better than some so called boutique hotels. The check in process took about 5 minutes and we were pleasently surprised when we walked in to the room to say the least. it was newly renovated and had all the amenities you'd hope to find in a 5 star hotel. the bed was just as good as the one at our house if not better, The shower pressure was really good, The free wi-fi worked great and we really loved having a work desk / chair in the room as well as the recliner chair. The quirky decore of the room was the icing on the cake.

We would have liked to have the breakfast at the hotel but for 60$/ night we can't really complain, we have paid 100$ at a hilton and still had to pay 12$ for the breakfast. So we just decided to go to the I-Hop not too far from the hotel and use the money we saved at the hotel to get better breakfast than the free continental breakfast you get at the hotels which is stale donuts and crappy coffee anyway :)

We'll definatly be back over christmas.

Room Tip: They just partenered with Golds Gym, Ask for your free visitors pass at the lobby
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

138 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
North Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The room was an excellent value. The staff here is always courteous and the bed quite comfortable. Visiting vehicle tuning house in the area so wouldn't have come here unless I knew my vehicle was safe.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I stay with my family last week, This is excellent motel, best value,very good location, friendly service, easy to find, staff service is great, they go extra miles and help guests need,I highly recommend to every one in my family & friends.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

You have to have really low standards to give this place a high rating. To me, cheap isn't enough; a place still has to be good. Maybe I'm just getting older and more demanding, but there is what appears to be blood on the sheets and bathroom wall, and I need to draw the line there.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Kekaha, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

We love this little Motel, our third time staying here. The owners are very nice and they do offer a danish and coffe in the morning in their office.The train noise was a pleasent treat and not too noisy. The bed was very comfortable and the room clean. And did I mention the GREAT price!
I wouldn't change a thing.
Mahalo Santa Clarita Motel!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
scmotel, Manager at Santa Clarita Motel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Mindy688,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write such a nice report on our hotel. Comments like yours makes the job I do here so enjoyable. Myself and my staff care about every guest that stays with us. We take great pride in giving excellent service as well as providing a clean and comfortable room for a very affordable price.

Thank you again for the wonderful comments, We hope to see you again soon.

Mahalo!
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed one night here after visiting the Nethercutt Collection car museum. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and looked newly renovated. I would have liked a table and two chairs rather than the desk and office chair but there was a comfortable easy chair and footstool. The bedding was good quality but beware the mattress sliding on the shiny bed base and exposing a VERY sharp corner, I still have the bruises!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Traveller5247.

Thank you so much for your candid feedback regarding your stay here at the Santa Clarita Motel, as every feedback helps us become a better facility. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, We deeply regret the oversight on the part of the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff, I am however pleased to inform you, the issue has been resolved.

Hopefully you would consider us for your future lodging needs and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the improvements done at the property.

Thank you.
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here in a 10 yr. period and it's mainly due to that I know my room should be quiet and clean - which it was. But for the price and with more competition, this motel lacks in all frills; no coffee, no breakfast, no Wi-Fi (they at least could offer that!) So for the value, among a high motel population, they need to up their game or lower their rates by about $15. These extras are not really a deal breaker for me, it's just that if others can offer them, this place should too,

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Santa Clarita Motel? Share your experiences!