“Quirky Decor!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Quirky Decor!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

We stayed one night here after visiting the Nethercutt Collection car museum. The room and bathroom were clean and comfortable and looked newly renovated. I would have liked a table and two chairs rather than the desk and office chair but there was a comfortable easy chair and footstool. The bedding was good quality but beware the mattress sliding on the shiny bed base and exposing a VERY sharp corner, I still have the bruises!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
scmotel, Manager at Santa Clarita Motel, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Traveller5247.

Thank you so much for your candid feedback regarding your stay here at the Santa Clarita Motel, as every feedback helps us become a better facility. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, We deeply regret the oversight on the part of the housekeeping staff and the maintenance staff, I am however pleased to inform you, the issue has been resolved.

Hopefully you would consider us for your future lodging needs and allow us the opportunity to demonstrate the improvements done at the property.

Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Akron, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

This is my 3rd time staying here in a 10 yr. period and it's mainly due to that I know my room should be quiet and clean - which it was. But for the price and with more competition, this motel lacks in all frills; no coffee, no breakfast, no Wi-Fi (they at least could offer that!) So for the value, among a high motel population, they need to up their game or lower their rates by about $15. These extras are not really a deal breaker for me, it's just that if others can offer them, this place should too,

• Stayed September 2012
Olympia, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

We arrived around 3 pm. Our room wasn't ready. She told us which room it was, I move the bike in front of it. The door was open so we looked in. The bed wasn't made and nobody was there ... so we just hung around in the mid-day heat, for 20 minutes or so and baked with the rest of the desolate land scape. The office isn't big enough for more than three people and there are no chairs. When we finely did get in, we found the toilet seat broken (hinge). The hard wood floor is interesting. A coffee machine would be nice. Although the bed is very comfortable, it looks like two single mattresses (bottom) and a king on top. Nether fit the steel frame, so there is some protruding steel parts sticking out. Which got Moma Bear mid-leg. Scraped some skin, no bruising..

Still, the rooms are clean and there is a laundry. It's in the middle of nowhere. Bring water with you. The machines are fussy. They will take your money, but you may not get anything. The only drinking water is in 10 oz bottles, out of the machine. The A/C works good, a bit noisy though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kamloops, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went to visit Six Flags in Valencia and stayed here at the Santa Clarita Motel. This hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the amusement park. I booked on the phone directly and they were courteous and respectful. We enjoyed our stay of 4 nights very much. The room was clean, and updated. The beds were excellent. Although this hotel has just the basics, no pool, hot tub, ect...We did get internet and a cool room away from the southern California heat. We slept very well. Our room had a fridge and a microwave. My family was so busy at Six Flags every day, we weren't longing for anything else that this hotel did not provide. It was perfect for us and the price reflects a very good value!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here for one night after a fun filled day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I had a little difficulty at check in getting the rate that Priceline quoted me, but that’s what one can expect when booking third party. The Gentleman at the front desk quickly checked me into my room and upon opening my room door I was pleasantly surprised! My room looked identical to some of the pictures posted for a double queen room (bed spread and accent wall were different for me), beautiful simple decorations, immaculately clean and cozy. Forgive me for not posting pictures. I was in a room on the second level, right above the office and close to the street, I heard NO NOISE, and slept very peacefully (which is sometimes hard to do away from home) I will defiantly be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Room smelled, and we had to park in the streets due to RV's parking in the motel parking...

And awful area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am very fussy where I stay when me and my husband are traveling. So I always look at the room before staying in the room. I was very impressed. Very clean, large, and very neat. King size bed and a large bathroom. Flat screen TV and a desk and a chair. Very quite and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel was 5 minutes away from Magic Mountain.

Room Tip: request the room with the King Bed. This room is very big.