“Our Little Cozy Spot Away From the Heat” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
CLICK HERE SAVE ON RATES
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Kamloops, Canada
“Our Little Cozy Spot Away From the Heat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We went to visit Six Flags in Valencia and stayed here at the Santa Clarita Motel. This hotel is about a 5 minute drive from the amusement park. I booked on the phone directly and they were courteous and respectful. We enjoyed our stay of 4 nights very much. The room was clean, and updated. The beds were excellent. Although this hotel has just the basics, no pool, hot tub, ect...We did get internet and a cool room away from the southern California heat. We slept very well. Our room had a fridge and a microwave. My family was so busy at Six Flags every day, we weren't longing for anything else that this hotel did not provide. It was perfect for us and the price reflects a very good value!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

My family and I recently stayed here for one night after a fun filled day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I had a little difficulty at check in getting the rate that Priceline quoted me, but that’s what one can expect when booking third party. The Gentleman at the front desk quickly checked me into my room and upon opening my room door I was pleasantly surprised! My room looked identical to some of the pictures posted for a double queen room (bed spread and accent wall were different for me), beautiful simple decorations, immaculately clean and cozy. Forgive me for not posting pictures. I was in a room on the second level, right above the office and close to the street, I heard NO NOISE, and slept very peacefully (which is sometimes hard to do away from home) I will defiantly be staying here again!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Bergen, Norway
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Room smelled, and we had to park in the streets due to RV's parking in the motel parking...

And awful area!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

I am very fussy where I stay when me and my husband are traveling. So I always look at the room before staying in the room. I was very impressed. Very clean, large, and very neat. King size bed and a large bathroom. Flat screen TV and a desk and a chair. Very quite and pleasant. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel was 5 minutes away from Magic Mountain.

Room Tip: request the room with the King Bed. This room is very big.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

When you look this place up you will notice it is 1 star and your first reaction is to run for the hills. Remember, star ratings are based on amenities, not necessarily cleanliness and value.

There are virtually no amenities here, it is a small motel, not a big resort. There is no pool, no place to eat, no gym (like you'd use it anyway). There is a laundry room and a very small check in area with coffee. If the above amenities are what you are looking for then go elsewhere, but if you are looking for a very nice clean place to stay in a good area, then this is it!

The room was awesome! Very clean, neat decorations, tv, microwave, mini fridge. The bathroom was spacious and again very well kept and neatly decorated. You feel very at home here, and the bed was super comfortable.

Other reviewers complain of train noise, and this is true, there was a train that passed through and did make some noise, it was not very loud, but it was audible.

The property is about 5-10mins from 6 Flags.

Room Tip: We went with the deluxe king room, it was only a few dollars more on Priceline and was very nice.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Irvine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Had to work up in Newhall for a few days. I was getting in late and leaving before 5am everyday. I arrived late and was met by the staff for an easy check in. My room was clean and had what I needed...a bed and a bathroom. Set the alarm as well as a wake up call for back up, both worked. My commute in the morning was 4 minutes..perfect in every way.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Williams, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2012

A+ motel. VERY clean, safe and well-maintained neighborhood, knowledgeable and
friendly staff. Exceeded ALL expectations. Restaurants within a mile - we really liked
the Stonefire Grill. Will definitely stay again when in the area and will highly recommend
it to friends. Beautiful rose gardens. Excellent place to stay after a long day on the road.

Room Tip: We were in room #104 - first floor - middle.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Santa Clarita Motel? Share your experiences!