“The price was right” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“The price was right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

The room was ready, clean and acceptable. For the first time in my experience, the front desk called to inquire about the room, was it acceptable and did I have any questions about how anything worked. Nice touch! The cost was the most reasonable of my trip. I have stayed at the property before and the breakfast, while ready later than advertised, was a typical serving. When heading south on I-5, this property makes a nice stop before entering LA traffic,

Room Tip: We were on the lower south side which put us close to the freeway. With the doors closed, the traffi...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BestWestern27413, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked about your stay and how we can improve, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon and we will make sure to have a nice spot for your stuffed animal for you when you return.

I’m glad to hear that our team was courteous and alert to your needs during the courtesy call back they gave you this is something we do for every guest to make sure our guest are happy once they enter their room. I’m also glad to hear you were happy with our renovations, as we have diligently worked to improve the hotel both inside and out.

I hope we made this a place to call home when needing to stay in the Six Flags area again.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at (661) 255-0555 ext 500.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review and share your experiences. We appreciate your loyalty to our brand.

BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Great value for a clean room. The front desk girl kyrstal wad very helpful would definitely go come back. It's location is great if your goin to magic mountain. they also have free breakfast from six to ten.

• Stayed January 2013
BestWestern27413, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

I’m glad to hear that Krystal was courteous and alert to your needs. I’m also glad to hear you were happy with our renovations and breakfast, as we have diligently worked to improve the hotel both inside and out.

I’m glad we made this a place to call home when needing to stay in the Six Flags area again.

Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Sleep: no fitted sheets so they bunch up the moment you get into bed
Noise: constant roar of the freeway except in the bathroom so if you can sleep on the toilet or in the tub, go for it.
Breakfast: as basic as it gets. Worse: no attendant so people balance waffles on cardboard bowls because the plates ran out after the first twenty people. Disorganized: tea bags & hot chocolate sachets next to cereals at far end of counter instead of by the hot water dispensing machine. Milk for cereals: 2% dispenser is out of order and the 1% is so watered down it's blue.
This is one of the worst Best Western hotels we have ever been in.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BestWestern27413, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for completing an online review regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I’m really sorry you did not have a comfortable night stay regarding the sheets. We are working diligently to slowly phase out the bottom flat sheet and move to a fitted sheet, however it is not yet complete in all rooms. I also want to apologize about the problems regarding breakfast as we did receive unexpected heavy occupancies due to the inclement weather, which caused us to run out of a few items. Typically, we do a much better job forecasting our occupancies and rarely run out of items for the most important meal of the day.

I hope you will consider us again in the future and hope we get another chance to wow you with our hotel and our hospitality.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (661) 255-0555 ext 500.

California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

My husband and I travel extensively on business, so being able to find a quiet room and get a good night's sleep is critical - absolutely paramount. We stayed here with our quiet 14 yr. old Scottish terrier, after having a nightmare experience out of state two weeks earlier. (Though exhausted from lack of sleep and a 11 hour drive, we checked out a day early because the previous two nights, loud neighbors next door and overhead kept us awake and hotel staff placed the burden on us to keep "letting them know" if it didn't get better!)

At Valenia Inn, when asking for a quiet room over the phone, the general manager Marlo assured us he would take care of it. Checking in we reiterated this at the front desk and were again assured.

These were not empty promises. We were given a quiet room and were able to sleep our entire stay without the intrusion of loud neighbors. The following weekend, we stayed a second time and again asked for a quiet room. We were again assured he would see to it. For a second time, we were blessedly able to sleep without any intrusion of loud neighbors. To us, this is everything.

The front desk, the staff were all courteous, professional and friendly. They kept their word and equally important, we weren't made to feel like we were being difficult by asking for a quiet room so we could get the rest so badly needed from our extensive travel.

This general manager and his staff deserve a vote of thanks for the excellent customer service and support. Other hotels should take note that when travelers ask for a quiet room, we really do need a quiet room!!!

Best Western Valencia Inn honors it's commitment to weary travelers like us and we are very grateful!

Room Tip: They know which rooms are quieter. Upstairs room in the back is where they put us; we have a habit o...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay at our property.

I’m glad to hear that you had a great stay during both visits to our hotel. It does me and my team great pleasure to know that everything was just right for our guest as we have diligently worked to not only renovate our property but also revamp our customer service.

I’m also happy to hear that the front desk team took care of your needs in finding you a nice quiet room. Whenever you need anything during a stay or a future booking just give us a call.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel. We appreciate your loyalty to the Best Western brand.

Phoenix
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

The sheets were too small for the matress and rolled up in a ball during the night. They were so small that they could not be tucked in under the matress. Made for a sleeples night.

Who would buy bottom sheets that can not be tucked in under the matress so as to stay on the bed?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BestWestern27413, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. I’m really sorry you did not have a comfortable night stay regarding the sheets. We are working diligently to slowly phase out the bottom flat sheet and move to a fitted one and we have started to do this however it is not complete yet in all the rooms.

Glendale, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Stayed in a "Pet Friendly" room that smelled of pet urine masked with a poor deodorizer that was a "King Suite". The cleric who made the reservation over the phone said that the pet fee was refundable but at checkout turned out to be a "non-refundable" fee, per pet, for pets that never set foot outside their kennels. The bed sheets were so bleached that it gave me and my wife mild allergic reactions making it impossible to sleep, and when looking for additional sheets found that there were none. I would not stay here again as the room was not great, the accommodations were very poor, for what I paid I expected A LOT more.

Room Tip: Don't have pets, ask for new sheets, spare blankets and hope that your here only for a single ni...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for completing a review of our hotel regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future. In regards to your comments regarding the smell of the room, I would like to apologize as we have a stringent cleaning policy to ensure all of our pet rooms are cleaned from top to bottom after check out.

After speaking to the front desk team member we would like to apologize for any miscommunication at the front desk. The refundable fee they were referring to was the authorization hold for incidentals and not the non-refundable pet fee.

If I can provide any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at (661) 255-0555 ext 500.

BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn

Been to BEST WESTERN Valencia Inn? Share your experiences!