“Our pit stop from the Bay Area” 3 of 5 stars

Romance Package
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Ramon, California
“Our pit stop from the Bay Area”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I'm no stranger to HGI's as it's one of my favorites within the Hilton brand. I've stayed at this hotel a couple times in the past prior to my most recent visit and I can say that my stay has been consistent, but that's not necessarily a bad thing, or a good thing.

We'd stay here as a pit stop from the Bay Area to SoCal and would always check in around the midnight or so. Surprisingly, the same guy has checked me in on my three visits, I'm guessing his schedule is set! Not much interaction, not much personality, credit card, ID, here's your key type of thing. I don't expect much as I know working graveyard is the thankless shift so I feel for the guy but at the same time, a little hospitality goes a long way.

The rooms are adequate and feature your typical HGI amenities such as the microwave, refrigerator, comp wifi, etc. The rooms are a little dated in terms of decor, but clean. During our most recent visit, we had a room on the second floor which had a huge vaulted ceiling, but when we entered, and this was after midnight, it was super hot in the room. Figuring it was the afternoon sun and the window was wide open, which I'm sure didn't help. The A/C thankfully was strong and cooled the room down quick.

Location is very convenient as it's off I-5 and literally at the entrance to Magic Mountain. Gas stations and restaurants are not too far away.

All things considered, we would stay here again during our ventures into SoCal.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Marichu P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear, norcalnick,

Thank you so much for taking the time and posting your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Six Flags. Your advice and comments not only are of help to future guest but also our staff who enjoy hearing that their efforts is recognize. Although in this case I see we drop the ball with your check in experience. We take these responses and share them with our entire team and use them our continuous improvement. I assure you that I will emphasize your check in experience and make sure we improve for you next visit.

Thank you very much for your loyalty as you mentioned you periodically make us your pit stop, we look forward to seen you again in the near future. Once again thank you for your candid feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights in June. We were there specifically to go to Six Flags Magic Mountain. We arrived around 7pm on the Friday night. When we checked in we enquired about the shuttle to the park and were able to book for 15 minutes later. Our room was lovely - spacious, clean & overlooking the pool. We headed to Magic Mountain to organise our season passes and to ride X2. The bus was waiting when we left the park, so caught it back to the hotel. We ate across the road at Wendys. The shuttle took us back to Magic Mountain on the Saturday where we stayed until closing time. With a lot of peole leaving the carpark & pick/up area we thought it'd be quicker to walk back to Wendys, it only took 10 minutes. Went back to the park again the Sunday to take photos. Would definitely stay there again next time we are lucky enough to be visiting Magic Mountain! Reasonable rates, good amenities and great location!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Marichu P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Susan M.

It was a pleasure reading your comments of your most recent stay here at the Hilton Garden Inn Six Flags. Let me assure you that our staff will be able to see your beautiful comments and compliments about the service receive.

Thank you very much and we look forward to seen you again in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I got to the property at 4 pm, and checked in promptly with no issues. Was told that happy hour started a t4, with dinner starting at 5. I got settled into my room, and went downstairs at 4:30. No one at the bar, had to go to front desk, she had to call someone, he had to go find a key,..... You get the picture. Fifteen minutes later I get my drink. Needless to say, I went elsewhere for dinner. Room was decent. I had to check out early in the morning due to business, (3am pacific), and my bill wasn't yet under the door, and no one at the front desk. There was a customer in the lobby watching tv, he stated he hadn't seen anyone in over 30 minutes. I even called the front desk thinking the clerk had taken a mobile phone, but no such luck, the phone just kept ringing. Not cool at all. Security? None. Hilton shouldn't put up with this. I sure won't.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Cryoking

Thank you so much for taking the time and posting your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Six Flags. I also wish to thank you for your candid feedback and observations. We take reviews seriously to improve our services.

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. Please accept my apologies for your experience, after reviewing your comments let me assure you that this is an isolated case and nowhere in the world would I ever tolerate such a service from my staff. I will review your comments with my staff to assure this kind of service does not happen in the future. Please feel free to contact me to assist you with any future reservations to show you our improvements. Thank you.
Lake Havasu City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Great location. Clean. Staff is more than helpful and courteous. Rooms are clean and well appointed with microwave and small refrigerator. Free Wi/Fi in room and throughout property. Directly are the street from the road that goes to the entrance of Magic Mountain. Many good restaurants very close.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Marichu P, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Jeannie H.

Thank you so much for taking the time and posting your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Six Flags. Your advice and positive comments not only are of help to future guest but also our staff who enjoy hearing that their efforts is recognize. We take these responses and share them with our entire team and use them our continuous improvement.

We are very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back real soon. Thank you again.
San Diego, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Perfect location close to Magic Mountain. Everything is newer and well maintained. The breakfast was pretty decent, but you may want to get there early, as stragglers will cause a back-up before 10:00. The pool/hot tub area closes at 10:00 pm so get there long before that time. Noises can be heard through the hallways.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear John G.

Thank you for choosing The Hilton Garden Inn Six Flags for your recent stay in Valencia, CA. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to write them, as our guests’ satisfaction is our main priority.

We hope to see you once again in the near future here in Valencia, CA.
Friends, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Be aware, breakfast is not included when you book through Hotels.com. Taxes will push the price of this hotel up as well. Had slow check-in and all-around poor experience. A good rated hotel, so hopefully we were an exception.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Brian P.

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. Please accept my apologies for your experience with the breakfast, our hotel does have a full service restaurant on site which offers a fully cooked to order breakfast service which is paid separately. As far as the overall service once again let me apologies and I assure you I will discuss your observations with my staff. We hope to see you in the future to see our improvements, once again thank you.
Whittier, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very pleasant stay. housekeeping will wake you up free of charge, no need for a snooze button... The area is very quiet. location was decent. The value of the hotel was great. In the lobby and common areas, everything looked great. However, when we got to our room one of the other guest had taken advantage of the in-room dining. I know this because the tray was sitting out in the hallway at 3pm....when I checked out the following morning at 11am, it was still there. I know this is petty but really this is the only complaint. All else was good at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Robert J.

I am so sorry for what you've encounter during your visit. Let me assure you that I will personally talk to the staff to make sure this does not re-occur again. We hope to see you soon in the near future to show you our improvements. Once again thank you for your feedback, it is always welcome.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Valencia Six Flags? Share your experiences!