“I feel like I'm staying at a parallel universe Hyatt....” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Los Angeles, CA
“I feel like I'm staying at a parallel universe Hyatt....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2011

When I read the negative reviews of the Hyatt Regency Valencia, I feel like I must be staying at a parallel universe hotel - I've stayed here at least 10 times over the past year (with my young son) and I have found it to be a fantastic hotel. I also wouldn't call it a 3 star hotel. It's comparable to the Hilton Glendale (4 star) or several of the 4 star hotels by LAX. I have found the staff to be charming and helpful (They know my son and I by name now and often chat with my son and give him a treat)... Even the room service guys are familiar with us and add a bit extra to our orders. The rooms have large flat screen TVs and are plenty spacious. I'm a ridiculous freak when it comes to the dreaded *bed bugs* and check each bed (even under the mattress) before letting my son touch them and I've NEVER found anything amiss or unclean. The *best* thing about the hotel is the free parking - Seriously, when was the last time a nice hotel had free parking?? And the internet is $9.95/night (Which isn't awesome, but less than the $12.95-$15.95 I routinely pay at other hotels) There is a lovely patio area with a fireplace wall (Not sure that's the correct term lol) and lighting where you can have drinks or eat (My son's favorite place at the Hyatt) - I can't comment on the bar as I've always had a young child with me while staying there, but it's usually filled with happy sounds (talking, laughing) as we pass by. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2011

We stayed here for nephews soccer tournament and it is a very nice hotel. Rooms were large and had big patios (2nd floor only) The restaurant in the lobby was good but EXPENSIVE. No Coffee shop or other eating/drinking options in house, but several choices within walking distance nearby. The parking is free. The rate was less than $200 a night, which I thought reasonable. The hotel is very close to Six Flags/ Magic Mt, which I DO NOT recommend.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
San francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2011

After a long drive from SF to the LA area in torrential rain, we finally arrived at the Hyatt Regency and were so glad to have lovely new rooms with nice uplifting and tasteful decor and a great selection of restaurants that were open late and acceptable to the two sets of 12 year old twins in the group. The hotel was a mile or so off the highway, so was quiet. We chose this location because we were headed to Universal Studios the next morning - only a 25-30 minute drive or so. Got a great rate on Priceline. We did not eat in the restaurant or use the pool so I cannot comment on those.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2011

Check-in was quick and also offered several self check-in systems. Staff is very helpful and attentive. The room was immaculate and spacious, but we often stay at Hyatt properties and have never been disappointed. We only paid about a $100 per night and this was truly a (4) star experience. The hotel has FREE self parking across the street in a multi-level parking structure. They have a beautiful and cozy sitting area with a fireplace that is so relaxing. Only blocks away from Six Flags and maybe 25 minutes from Universal Studios. There's a huge mall, food court, movie theaters and restaurants right across the street. Very beautiful community, safe and clean. This is our first visit to the area and it will certainly not be our last! BEAUTIFUL!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2011

We checked into the hotel for a 3 night stay on Dec 30/10. There was a bit of confusion when we checked into the hotel but eventually we were shown to our room only to find that our keys did not work so I had to go back downstairs. When I tried to phone out.. either locally or long distance I was unable to complete the call.. this was never fixed. The restaurant at the hotel was way over priced and the food was not very good and only luke warm. The service was a little slow but the very friendly.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
las vegas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2010

the checkin was efficient and then it went down hill. The bathroom was dirty with dead insects on the fllor. The shower leaked with a broken spigot and a stuck water tempt regulator. The breakfast in rhe diningroom was average but the service was grossly deficient. No management was present and the wait staff seemed lost . the food service was extremely slow with poor timing. The parking ticket was validated as advertized but not honored at the front desk. we will not return

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Towson, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

Upon arrival I asked to use the business office to book a room through American Express Travel. There business center had an internet usage fee. I have not paid this type of fee at any hyatt or other hotel with a business center since the year 2000. The internet service then blocked me from completing the reservation with Amex. Then I asked for a quiet room and them to honor the amex 129 per night rate and the accomodated. I then took my infant and went up to the sixth floor and down a long hallway to my room next to the maids closet. Not so quiet in the AM. So they sent up new keys for the room next to it that was a double bed instead of a king. Finally in the room I unpacked our bags of things to settle in for a weeks stay that I planned to book in the morning through AMEX travel and went to bed. I had a restful night sleep but awoke to noise from the pool area. I hopped in the shower to find bites on my belly. I notified the manager and they offered to change my room. So I spent hours packing up my room and baby to change rooms on the last 80 degree day of the year. At that point I decided I was packed up and should just leave the hotel so the next day does not have the same waste of time due all had already encountered. The manager was nice, but then proceeded to fill out a form and ask personal information. Birthday, home address, other info. When I inquired as to why he stated "in case you sue us". As though that was not insulting enough, he went on to ask if I was certain I had gotten the bites there and wanted me to decide if they were bug bites or a reaction to the chemicals on the linens. If they are using cleansers harsh enough to leave rashes what are they using? So I paid my 168.00 with tax and went on my way.

I reported the issue to Hyatt corporate and AMEX, and reversed half of the charge as I wasted several hours of my time due to their dirty room.

I agree with the other person that the hotel is dingy and not the same hotel it was seven years ago when I held my rehearsal dinner on their patio and had my entire wedding party stay there for 4 days. The employees were pleasent but not helpful or knowledgeable about much, and they don't seem to cater to business travelers or families, so they need to figure something out. I am a long time hyatt goldpassport member and have stayed in hyatts, park hyatts, and hyatt resorts worldwide for business. This is the worst hyatt ecperience I have ever had.
I checked into the Hilton Garden Inn and have since had an amazing expereience. Hilton just won my business from Hyatt.
Forgive the spelling and grammar, but if I waste another moment on this stay I may go insane.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Valencia? Share your experiences!