“Back to Brookllyn” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Canyon Country, California
“Back to Brookllyn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We go here a lot for breakfast and so do a lot of people so expect a wait. Sometimes is quicker if you wish to eat outside. There breakfasts are great and plentiful, but the highlight for me is there everything bagels to go with my bacon & eggs. Bagels are like in NY, loaded on both sides with all the goodies. A lot of choices on the menu and my wife loves to have her Matzabrie and they make it like she requests.. Great sandwich selection and a nice décor. We always get bagels ( everything) to go and the wife gets a big Black and White to go as well

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Santa Clarita, California
“Great food in an outdoor setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The food is deli food but it is delicious and very large portions. The service was great and very friendly. we will definitely go back. Try the salads. They are really good.

Visited April 2013
canyon country, CA
“Great Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Went a couple of times for breakfast. Walking in you smell wonderful aromas! Breakfast was awesome, service was great. It's great having a New York Deli right outside the mall! Going to try lunch sometime.

Visited February 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“I WILL AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Where oh where do I start! Lets get the legal stuff done first.... this is MY OPINION of my visit to Dinks Deli on Sunday March 10, 2013
My family of 5 went there for breakfast after church on Sunday. We were there to try it out for the first time and to hear and plan my son and DIL wedding. Our waitress brought us our drinks and then brought another waitress over and introduced us as it was time for her break. (10:30am and its already break time??? ok) We got our food which tasted great and the portions were plentiful. We had to repeatedly ask for refills on our coffee and lemonade. After eating we were discussing plans and drinking our drinks when I noticed three waitresses standing by the glass and talking and looking at us. I thought hmmmmm..... then our waitress came to us and said, "I just wanted to let you all know that we had a reservation for this table and the party is here." REALLY????? There was NO OTHER place to put them? Mind you we had been at our table less then an hour. (which I proved from the time on our ticket) We were so incensed as we have NEVER been asked to leave a restaurant before! I wrote a note on the ticket how angry we were about the incident. The next day I called and asked for the owner. He wasn't available but then called me back within a few hours. WHAT A RUDE loser!!! He basically told me he believed his waitress because we had two different stories....really??? duh???? He said he would talk to his waitress and get back to me. Needless to say, I haven't heard a word from him and don't plan to! Let me also state, my family was in the restaurant business for many years to a very successful restaurant in San Antonio, TX, so I am not ignorant to how to run the business or expect how wait staff treats PAYING customers.
Needless to say.....while I liked the food...there are many other places that are awesome in the SCV and you are treated like a respected patron. I don't see this place making if for very long being run the way it is..... IN MY EVER SO HUMBLE OPINION!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Burbank, California
“a little pricey, but good food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I went here for lunch today and the place was busy. After we were seated we got our menus and were told our waiter would take our order. After a bit a hostess comes by and asks if our orders were taken and they were not. She took our order, and then a few seconds later the waiter comes by and we tell him someone took our order already. We all got the 1/2 sandwich and soup or salad. When they bring our soups the plate my soup bowl was in was drenched in soup. Seems like the waiter could not hold all 3 at the same time. The soup was good and then came our sandwiches. Everyone enjoyed their sandwich. The sandwich and soup combo's were 9 dollars each, which I guess is just a little high but it was a nice deli, but the drinks were 2.50 which is high, in my book and on top of that they charged us twice for the drinks. We all paid 15 dollars each for our lunch which is little on the high side to me. They do get a plus mark for the hostess that was concerned about us and took our order.

• Visited February 2013