“Very Nice and Immaculately Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Arizona
“Very Nice and Immaculately Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

This is a very nice Holiday Inn Express, and the second time we've stayed there. Our room was immaculately clean (and I look in the dark corners). Very comfortable bed, a gazillion cable channels, and a really very good continental breakfast. The staff is very friendly without being intrusive. The grounds are well kept. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
ValenciaTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Desert Dogwood,
Thank you so much for joining us once again this year – it is always a pleasure to serve our beloved repeat guests! I was happy to hear that you took advantage of our upgraded cable package; I hope a gazillion channels were enough for you! Thank you also for all of the wonderful praise and for noting our clean and well-maintained property. We hope to see you very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped here on the 3rd leg of our USA road trip so we could visit the California 6 Flags magic mountain theme park as well as visit the north LA attractions. This hotel is located about 2 minutes off the I5 in Santa Clarita about 25 miles north of Los Angeles. It is clear from the outset that it is well managed and well ran. The Hotel is modern, comfortable, exceptionally clean and about 15 minute walk from the entrance to 6 flags (I would go as far to say it is nearer to the entrance when you put the car park walk distance and $17 parking fee into the mix!!!) The hotel is also convenient and traffic friendly if you want to visit Universal Studios or the Hollywood sign.

It is the only USA hotel Ive stopped in where the friendly cleaning staff literally crawl all over the hotel, I actually caught them deep cleaning the corridor carpet 1 morning !!!!

My only criticism of the hotel is the layout of the breakfast bufet - You need to put half of it on the opposite side of the room! - Oh and a palm tree or 2 in the swimming pool area would be nice! - Iam a very critical fussy traveller so there you go! My advice - stop here - its great, clean and does exactly what it says on the tin!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ValenciaTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear Cliveboy1971,
Thanks a million for joining us on your US road trip and for acknowledging our clean and well-run property. Our housekeeping team is not only efficient but carries out the job with a smile – glad our beloved critical and fussy traveler noticed! Your breakfast layout recommendation would definitely help streamline things especially during busy months. As for the palm tree in our pool area, we’re still working on that one! We sincerely hope you enjoyed your adventure and hope to see you again very soon!
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I am a Gold Priority Club member and was appalled by the cleanliness of our room - particularly the carpet. Take flip flops to walk around if you stay there - my feet were black. Service was "ok" - check in was not up to the standards of PC. I was not surprised one bit by the fact that they person checking me in constantly kept answering the phone with me standing right in front of him. As a PC member, my room was ready and he just needed to grab the key, swipe my card and i could go - took over 15 minutes...
Bed was fine, internet was slow at times.
We were not there for Magic Mountain but, just a nights stop on the way to L.A. - unfortunately, because this is such as "tourist area" in the summertime, I am not sure they can keep up.
All in all, just not up the normal standards I have had with HI Express.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ValenciaTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Dear TexasTimesT,
Thank you staying with us on your way to L.A.! I apologize that one of our valued Priority Club members had a less than stellar visit. Though we have our carpets cleaned on a regular basis, there are some guest room that might see a little more traffic than others. For future reference, our front desk staff is always happy to accommodate and assign a more suitable room at any time during your stay. Thanks again and come back soon!
Cortlandt Manor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

The title tells it all! Great place to stay! The only thing I would say is 10pm for closing the Hot Tub and Pool was not expected and the kids were a bit upset. We went to Magic Mountain and after walking all day it would have been nice to get in the Hot Tub for us adults while the teenagers enjoyed the pool.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
ValenciaTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Dear HDMom,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to the park and for your very generous review – five stars from moms are truly worth their weight. We apologize that you and your children didn’t get to enjoy the pool as long as you would have liked, but because some our guests can be sensitive to noise levels, we have to close our pool at a reasonable hour. We hope you understand and hope to see you soon.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Holiday Inn Express is my hotel chain of choice, and I stay at a lot of them. Just got home from my sixth stay at this property in the past year, and the helpful, friendly staff are what set it apart. My travel is for business, so things like faster internet and good lighting make a big difference (at many hotels, internet slows to a crawl in the late evening). Convenient to the 5, close to several eateries (surprisingly good sushi across the street at Geisha), and obviously close to Magic Mountain.

I'd appreciate some upgrades in the fitness center, although it's kept clean and the machines work. Frequently out of towels. I have a weakness for the ice cream machine and Choco Tacos. GM is very responsive to comments. I'm usually pleased and impressed with my stays here.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east and north side are quietest. Hotel is only two stories.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Dear Dean from Seattle,
Thank you so much for making us your hotel chain of choice, for noting our new speedy internet service, and of course, the five stars! You’ll be happy to hear that our new fitness equipment has been ordered for you and should be in place before your next visit along with an ample supply of Choco Tacos!! I just wanted to mention that as much as we love Geisha, you must try Kisho’s down the street for happy hour – their 98-cent beers and garlic sautéed edamame is perfect on a hot summer day! Hope to see you very soon.
Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Booked two rooms for eight people for four nights. One King room, sleeper sofa; 2 adults and 2 children, one double queen room 2adults and two children. Check-in went well, staff reasonably friendly and helpful. The King room was on the front side of building facing the freeway which with the windows open was extremely noisy. The room was clean and well maintained. The only problem at the time was 3 bath towels for 4 people. Called housekeeping, had extra towels sent up.

Next day left the room at 9:00AM and returned at 2:00PM (5 hours). Upon return, found the room had not been cleaned yet. I thought after 5 hours this should have been done. Went to front desk to find out why and was told housekeeping usually cleans check-out rooms first. They said if I needed the room ready by a certain time, I had to request it.

Returned to room at 4:00PM. Room was cleaned but we were short one set of towels. Called housekeeping and left a voice mail with the department supervisor requesting one set of towels. Left the room about 5:00PM and returned around 10:30 PM. Still no set of requested towels. Had to call front desk. Towels delivered about 11:00PM and I had to sign for them!

The Breakfast was nothing to write home about and the room was crowded as usual for hotel Breakfast areas. Pretty standard.

The following two days the rooms were ready upon our return, but always short of towels for the number of people in the room. My first question to staff was, doesn't Housekeeping know how many people are in a room? The response was yes. My next question was, why don't they put enough towels in the room to accommodate the number of people in the room? The response was; that standard POLICY states that there are three (3) sets of towels for King rooms and that there shouldn't be more than three people in a King room unless they are children. My reply was; that's exactly what we have here!

the General Manager heard my conversation from the back office and decided to join in. When I asked the same question of him, his response was that it is STANDARD POLICY INDUSTRY WIDE that there are only suppose to be three towels to a King room. My response was; so this means the guest who has a room with 2 adults and 2 children who sleep on the Queen sleeper sofa which is there for that purpose needs to call Housekeeping EVERY DAY to request an additional set of towels because of STANDARD POLICY. His response was yes!

So much for accommodating the Hotel guests!

Room Tip: If you like sleeping with the windows open, don't get a room on the front side of building. If...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Timeseeker,
Thank you for staying with us and for noting our clean and well-maintained property! I am sorry that you had a less-than-positive experience with our three-towel-per-room policy. This policy applies to our King rooms and assumes a maximum capacity of three guests. Our housekeeping staff is not aware of the number of guests in a room until the front desk notes it and specifies that it is for the duration of the stay and not just a one-time occurrence. Please keep in mind that our housekeeping staff has until 4 p.m., when they leave for the day, to clean all rooms. This may explain why your room was not clean by 2 p.m. and why your call to the staff manager at 4 p.m. went unanswered. Our Hospitality Promise℠, which is found in all guest bathrooms, states that you should notify front desk staff directly with any concerns. We do apologize for the inconvenience and will have plenty of fresh towels waiting for you during your next visit. Please come back soon!
chandler, arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights for a visit to Six Flags Magic Mtn in July. We made reservations just a few days before the trip and accommodations in the area were limited. I prefer not to stay directly off of the freeway whenever possible and this property is along the I5. Despite what the nice man at the front desk said about the triple paned windows blocking out the noise, if you are a light sleeper you will hear the road. We were on the front side of the hotel (there were no rooms available on the backside as I had requested) on the first floor. When the AC is running, you hear it instead of the road noise. This was the 3rd time we've stayed in a Holiday Inn Express in the last 3 years so we had an idea what we were getting. Everything was as it should be - 2 double beds (firm) and a sofa bed, fridge, coffee, micro. The hotel was clean and in a nice area of town. Breakfast was your typical and just OK, stocked with bagels, pastries, cereals, sausage, eggs and then a pancake maker as well. Coffee was weak but that's generally what I find at hotels. There is a very busy Denny's (which I don't recommend due to lack of service especially after 10pm when the park has closed)in the hotel parking lot, which is also shared with the Best Western. We always found a parking spot but often a good distance from the hotel. Internet connectivity was great in our room. I will try a different hotel for our next visit but would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the hotel away from the interstate may be quieter. If traffic noise bothe...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ValenciaTeam, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Dear Gottogetaway2day,
Thanks so much for staying with us while visiting Six Flags! Yes, it is our location (not to mention a super-friendly staff) and a newly upgraded internet service that keeps our guests coming back on a regular basis. We hope you will be one of them! See you soon – this time for a pool-side room!!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Santa Clarita? Share your experiences!