“Food was better than I expected” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Santa Clarita, California
“Food was better than I expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Been here a few times. Food has always been better than I expected. This is much more than just a Scottish version of Hooters. The menu selection is way better and has yet to disappoint, and they have a huge selection of beer on tap. The waitress uniforms are cuter and the employee hiring standards are much higher. Someone told me that they have dozens of TV's on the walls...I have yet to notice any TV's...

• Visited September 2013

“High priced drinks!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

I can't speak for much because I didn't eat but I waited far too long for 2 glasses of beer that were ridiculously priced at 7.50 a piece. The service was ok but not great. The atmosphere at the time was extremely loud because of the charger game, but it's not a bad thing at all if you're a charger fan and not a raiders fan

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
West, Texas
“Good experience until a certain song played”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Went with my wife while on vacation and enjoyed the experience until a song played (don't know the name of it) over their sound system. The song contained the f_ _ _ word multiple times. I am far from a prude but I did not feel that the song was appropriate at all. Disappointing.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Fullerton, Ca, USA
“WHICH Tilted Kilt are all these reviews for?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

These reviews in this Tripadvisor listing states that they are for the Twisted Kilt downtown SD on 10th. There does not seem to be a separate Tripadvisor limiting for the Twisted Kilt that is located in the Westfield Mission Valley Mall, which is quite close to Qualcomm stadium. It is apparent from the reviews that many people are talking about the Mission Valley location - so I will add my review here for the MISSION VALLEY location. We stayed at the Sheraton across the freeway from the Mall and went to the Twisted Kilt, as the hotel clerk said that it had good sandwiches and a good selection of beer (which is what I wanted). ONE HINT - we didn't know the exact location of the restaurant in the mall. Our GPS routed us to the main underground parking structure, where there were no signs or directions to the Twisted Kilt. The restaurant is actually on the SE corner of the mall and you can just park in the general parking on the SE corner and walk into the pub from that parking area. We were lucky, as there were no games at Qualcomm that day and it was around 3:00 on Sunday afternoon, so it was not crowded, as it apparently sometimes can get. Before going in, I did not realize it was "hooters in kilts", but that really didn't bother me or my wife. I couldn't decide on fish and chips or a certain sandwich, so I asked the waitress which she recommended. She said she didn't recommend the fish and chips before, as it was prepared from frozen fish - but that now they recently switched over to fresh cod and it is very good. I'm glad I ordered it. It was not the best that I have ever had (I have had fantastic fish and chips at places I have been fortunate to visit all over the world, with some of the best being in Iceland, Norway, Sydney, Australia and different places in England, Wales and Scotland). But the fish here was certainly up there with any I have ever had in the USA or Canada (including some excellent ones in Alaska and the New England States). My wife enjoyed her salad too. So, overall, we had good service, with some great food, good beers and were completely satisfied with our dining experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Gatos, California
“Excellent staff, fun concept bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We searched out a spot that had a Golden Tee golf game and found the Tilted Kilt. I hear it's busy before the Padres games, however, we were there around 8pm on a Sunday night and it was pretty quiet. Our bartender, Evan, was excellent (loved that he was in a Scottish kilt as well as the girls). He was very friendly and helpful when we mentioned this was our first time here. We started with a Paddy Bomb which went down waaay to easy, then had a beergarita with our flatbread pizza. Both were a perfect combination and the pizza was delicious. The prices were decent considering this is in the Gaslamp District and they had a pool table and shuffleboard as well. Of course, there were a number of big screen TV's around to watch the different sports games. I'd like to go back for Sunday football and try some of their specials.