“Very Good Property in the Magic Mountain, Newhall, Santa Clarita and Valencia area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch

Free Parking
Ranked #3 of 6 hotels in Santa Clarita
Sacramento Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

September 2012 I had the opportunity to stay at the Residence Inn in Santa Claria/Stevenson Ranch when business required me to be in the area.

The hotel next to the Interstate and with restaurants either within walking distance or a short drive away. It stills on hill next to a sister property Fairfield Inn and other businesses in a compact area. Check-in was quick, though I received a room on the ground floor (though I did request a quiet room). I did see a couple of dogs being walked around the property. I heard one dog barking inside a room but thankfully it was not near mine.

Other than being on the ground floor, my room was comfortable and decorated in the traditional Residence Inn way.. The bed was ucomfortable. Lighting in the room was fair and one of the light bulbs was out.

The small LCD flat screen TV was had a lot of cable channels as well as a wide selection of pay-per-view movies. WiFi worked well.

The bathroom was clean. The towels were two towels and the shower worked well – immediate hot water with plenty of pressure. Bath amenities include shampoo, conditioner, lotion,

The hotel public areas were clean and well-kept, and were busy due to guests and folks conducting business in the property. The breakfast buffet was above average for RIs'. .

There are many restaurants within a few minutes of the hotel. Two of the better fast food joints: In N Out and El Pollo Loco are nearby.

During my trip to Socal I also stayed at the Residence Inn El Segundo and Marriott Manhattan Beach (best stay of the entire trip). If your business and/or interest brings to the Santa Claria, Valencia, Newhall area, then if your looking for a suite like inn, then this might be a good bet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Ian K, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, December 8, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Residence Inn. We enjoy having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area!

87 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Houston, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

i visited both Fairfield Inn and Residence Inn. both hotels are Marriott group and located on the same premises. walking distance is less than one min. excellent hotels! rooms are so clean, have small kitchen, big refrigerator, and small eating space. you dont need to buy dishes or cutleries. staffs in front desk are nice. buffet are fresh, lot of choices, and yum! i prefer Fairfield Inn if you want cheaper hotel and almost same quality, but they dont have kitchen in the room.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Chelsea, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

We stayed a week at the Res Inn in Santa Clarita for a 35+ family reunion in the SF Valley area. We were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite for me and my daughter's family of 5. Worked out great except for the upstairs guests who did a lot of running across the floor above us (We were in 214). They graciously moved us to the same room type on the 3rd floor the next day and it was smooth sailing after that. We can't say enough about the friendly staff who accommodated our every need. The rooms had a full kitchen and was cleaned and freshened by housekeeping each day. The pool and jacuzzi were awesome and crystal clean. We did several "midnight swims" with the children and they loved it. They also have a firepit with comfortable chairs around it, but we preferred the jacuzzi! The inn serves a breakfast each morning with fresh fruit and the usual breakfast fare. Not so sure about those eggs though! It was average, but free so who's complaining?!! Never made it to the manager's reception. I also noticed that so many of the other guests were pleasant and fun to chat with. We will definitely stay here again should we go back to the area. We felt right at home!
I will suggest you keep vigilant when you're using the freeways. There was a LOT of construction with some signage missing and we got lost a couple times. Otherwise, it's a nice area for walking, shopping and just vegging by the pool. We got very good at this!

Room Tip: 3rd floor and you'll avoid someone running above you Some floors have highway noise, although n...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience! We are glad you love the pool and jacuzzi! We cannot wait till you return!
Phoenix AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights while visiting Magic Mountain. Very easy check in. I made a request to change my room type and they were very accomodating. The hotel was very clean and well maintained. Everything in the room worked perfectly. We stayed in a studio and it was plenty spacious. The breakfast buffet was reasoanbly good. Food quality was average. Would have liked a little more variety. Basically 1 egg dish, 1 meat and a little fruit. They do have a waffle maker to make your own waffles. Plenty of seating in the breakfast area so it din't feel overcrowded. The hotels is about 2 miles from Magic Mountain and there are plenty of restaurants nearby. Just booked a return stay for next month.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are glad we were able to make your stay enjoyable! We cannot wait to see you return next time!
New Milton, Hants
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Useful place if you have a family and great to have a fridge - otherwise - travelling solo - I'd rather have a standard hotel room. Rooms have everything but are dark and totally soul-less. TV signal lousy, beds and baths fine. Tiny pool (not unusual).

What did surprise me was that the free breakfast (which they started to clear before the deadline). Choice was limited (OK for free though) but the scrambled eggs looked like they'd been made from egg powder - you cannot get such a uniform colour - or cement-like consistency from real eggs....
BUT serving it on polystyrene plates with plastic cutlery - what do they think we'll do? Go Greek and start throwing the plates on the floor and dance around them and steal the cutlery?
Unfortunately as I stayed over 2 trips of Thursday night to Tuesday I didn't experience the Manager's buffet but hope it would be better than the breakfast. However, stacks of cheap places to eat within walking distance, and better places a short drive away.
Front desk staff were cheerful and helpful in every way and offered help when needed - and they were the heroes of the stay - otherwise - if I'd not used Marriott points for the stay I'd have checked out early and cancelled my second stay.

Room Tip: Room on ground floor facing North look out onto shrubs and are very dark and depressing - I agree wi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
RIFFISC, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences during your stay at our hotel. We want to personally apologize for any part of your experience at our hotel that did not meet your expectations. We do strive to provide all of our guests with the best quality service! We appreciate you taking the time out to provide us with feedback on your stay and we hope to see you here again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff and service here have been nothing short of excellent on a daily basis. Due to water damage in our home we had to relocate for 4 weeks, what could have turned out to be a very bad experience has turned into a mini vacation for us based solely on the staff that works here!! My husband, son, and I will always highly recommend this hotel to anyone in need of a room whether it be for a night or an extended stay! Thank you all so much for the excellent service!!

• Stayed June 2012
, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, July 6, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to send us a post about your experience! We hope that your home is fully repaired but you know you can always count on us to be your vacation home! We take great pride in our service and spend a lot of time ensuring that our staff is well trained and upholds the Marriott standards. Thank you once again and we hope to see you soon!
Valencia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

As we are currently having our home renovated, our family has been living in this hotel for several months. All I can tell you, is that it is awesome. From the Manager, Sonia, to the staff (Kyle, Favi, Ian, Jeff, Tomas, Delene, Nacho, the great housekeepers and maintenance engineers), I will almost be sad to leave and feel like I am losing part of my family. They have gone out of their way to make both my boyfriend and I as well as our children feel welcome. There is a great free breakfast every day and free dinner 3 nights a week. In the evening we sit out by the pool with the great fire pit or relax in our room with the free wifi. I wish I could give them 10 stars!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd Floor and liked it!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you Danielle for your kind words! We are so happy to have you here, and we will be very sad to see you leave! We are like family here and appreciate our guests! We hope that your home is going through a beautiful renovation but you know you can always count on us to be your second home! Thank you once again!

Been to Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch? Share your experiences!