“10 Stars!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Santa Clarita
Valencia, California
“10 Stars!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

As we are currently having our home renovated, our family has been living in this hotel for several months. All I can tell you, is that it is awesome. From the Manager, Sonia, to the staff (Kyle, Favi, Ian, Jeff, Tomas, Delene, Nacho, the great housekeepers and maintenance engineers), I will almost be sad to leave and feel like I am losing part of my family. They have gone out of their way to make both my boyfriend and I as well as our children feel welcome. There is a great free breakfast every day and free dinner 3 nights a week. In the evening we sit out by the pool with the great fire pit or relax in our room with the free wifi. I wish I could give them 10 stars!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd Floor and liked it!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you Danielle for your kind words! We are so happy to have you here, and we will be very sad to see you leave! We are like family here and appreciate our guests! We hope that your home is going through a beautiful renovation but you know you can always count on us to be your second home! Thank you once again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

I've been very fortunate to stay there 170 days over the past year and have experienced exceptional service with everything you need. The staff there have become my second family and treat everyone as if they are family as well. Always helpful, proactive and react quickly when things need to be done.
I work in the hospitality industry and look for the small details, which make the biggest difference for me. The accommodation and maintenance staff are always consistent and always on top of things that need to be done. From the smallest thing to when you need to change rooms, they are there to assist you in anyway. Plus, they are very friendly and personable always giving me smile.
The Front Desk team are always on top of things, making sure my favourite room is reserved to greeting me when I come through the lobby. It's nice to see there smiling faces everyday.
The morning and evening staff that provide service in the cafe' area are always first to greet you in the morning. It's not unusual to see them helping the kids and knowing there favourite foods and drinks.
I would suggest you get 3rd Floor looking East if you like to have the sun coming into your room when you open your blinds. I would highly recommend the Residence Inn.

Room Tip: 3rd Floor looking East.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
We thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your stay. We take great pride in our service and spend a lot of time ensuring that our staff is well trained and upholds the Marriott standards. Thank you for staying with us and hope to see you again!
Bakersfield, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

I stay approximately 80 nights per year at the Residence Inn in Santa Clarita (work related) usually 3 to 4 nights at a time. Their staff is excellent and the amenities are perfect for someone like me. I can cook my own meals, whether in the room or the grill by the pool, as it gets pretty old eating out at restaraunts all the time (although there are many fine dining establishments in the area). The rooms are large and comfortable with full size aplliances in the kichen area that includes dinner ware, pots, pans etc. My wife joins me occasionally as do my grandchildren and they all enjoy the pool/spa area. The grandkids practically live in the pool when thay visit. It has become my home away from home. I have stayed at other hotels in the area but thay seem cramped and dark compared to the Residence Inn. A great place to stay especially if your traveling with family and they do accept pets (for a fee).

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at the Residence Inn. We enjoy having you stay with us! We look forward to many future stays!
san fran
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

this RI is ok but like all hotels around LA and Santa Clarita is overpriced by at least 40 $.
Dont pay more than 80 bucks for this place. ITs not worth more than that. Truly.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your lodging needs. We appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to provide us valuable feedback. We would love to hear any additional feedback on what we did well and what we could have done better during your stay. Please contact us at 661-290-2800.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights over a weekend. I wish I had paid attention to the fact that pets are allowed at this hotel. Overall the experience was pleasant and I would stay again. However, The halls smelled like wet dog. It was not overwhelming, but rather a subtle odor as if it had been there forever. Maybe I have a sensitive nose, because my boyfriend didn't smell anything. The odor alone would not keep me from this hotel because it was only in the hall. Our room was very clean and odor free. I give an average rating because the decor was rather dated, there was limited parking (especially in the back where our room was), the front desk was not unfriendly, but rather business like and, of course, the smelly hallway.

What I did enjoy very much about this hotel was the full kitchen (minus an oven). This made it feel a little more homey as the living room and kitchen are separated from the bedroom and bathroom. I also like that it is very close to the freeway, grocery stores and retail shopping. The area is very nice and a safe place to stay for families. Saw a decent size pool and a singles tennis court (we didn't use) that both looked well kept.

Considering the price per night and the fact that we were in a nice neighborhood with a full kitchen, bed and bathroom, the money was well spent.

Room Tip: 3rd floor toward the back gives a better view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
RIFFISC, Public Relations Manager at Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your lodging needs. We recognize you have many hotel options and appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to provide us valuable feedback. From your feedback management is reviewing additional actions we can take to ensure a neutral odor in our hotel. Again thank you and we look forward to future visits.
Dublin CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We traveled to Stevenson Ranch for New Year's to ride in A Ride For Life, the first annual charity bike ride honoring George Hincapie. The hotel is located right off the freeway, in hotel/restaurant row along I5. Easy access to the freeway.

Residence Inn by Marriott is definitely a favorite choice for us. You know what you are going to get, a very nice room, clean, spacious and with full kitchen. Our teen daughters traveled with us and they had a separate room. It had 2 queen beds and was extremely spacious. Our room was a 1 bedroom with a king bed.

One downside was they did not have WIFI in the individual rooms though there was wired internet access (does anyone use that anymore?). They did offer WIFI in the public areas which included the lobby and breakfast room.

Breakfast was good and plentiful with lots to choose from. It is a great amenity to have a full breakfast included in the room rate. If you are in a rush or miss the breakfast hour, McDonalds is right next door (they have oatmeal!) and many other restaurant options are very close by.

While in the area our teen daughters spent one afternoon at Six Flags/Magic Mountain. They had never been there though we have driven past the huge roller coaster amusement park many times on our way to Disneyland. They did like the roller coasters but they have been spoiled by Disneyland and did not like the VERY LONG LINES at Magic Mountain. They also complained about the lack of cleanliness at the park compared to D-Land. I got the tickets online for about $38 which is much cheaper than their walk up price.

The bike ride was fun and a nice way to end the year. There were some hills to climb so that added to the challenge.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for allowing us to accommodate your lodging needs. We recognize you have many hotel options and appreciate you taking the time out of your schedule to provide us valuable feedback. Again thank you and we look forward to future visits.
Nephi, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Nice hotel with a wonderful breakfast! A great place to stay if visiting Six Flags Magic Mountain!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback. Team Residence Inn Santa Clarita truly enjoy making our guest feel welcome and look forward to future visits.

Been to Residence Inn Santa Clarita Stevenson Ranch? Share your experiences!