“$14 SMALL salad!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: McBean
Description: Known in Pasadena as a great breakfast & lunch restaurant since 1987, our goal is to make you feel at home and comfortable while serving you fresh, delicious, high quality food. In 2010, The Food Network Magazine named Marston's "Best Breakfast in California". We serve breakfast and lunch until 2:30, Happy hour from 3pm to 7pm, and dinner from 5pm to 9pm(10pm on Friday and Saturday). We have nightly chef specials and kids eat free on Wednesday's 5-9pm with the purchase of adult entree.
Pasadena, California
“$14 SMALL salad!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I used to live in Pasadena and we visited this restaurant once, and enjoyed our food...I can say it was worth the wait.

Now I live in Valencia and have been to this location several times now...VERY different atmosphere, of course. Food is delicious, but I was very disappointed today when I was practically ignored during my visit. Not only was the service poor, but when I asked the server if the half salad might fill me up, she replied that if I was very hungry I should get the large...the large was so small! I ate again when I returned home!!! Can't believe I paid FOURTEEN dollars for leaves, bacon and chicken. :(

• Visited February 2014

Santa Clarita, California
“It's not a chain restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

Never disappointed ! The menu changes monthly with seasonal items. The bar drinks are great. Nice outdoor seating.

Visited December 2013
Geneva, Illinois
“Nice but not exceptional.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We ate breakfast twice while in this city. The food wasn't that bad but it was costly. Simple ham and eggs and french toast with sausage cost over $20. Coffee was an additional $2.50 a cup. The wait staff greeted everyone coming and going and it took us over 20 minutes to get breakfast when we were one of about 6 tables with people. This would be a one shot visit for someone wanting a little something out of the ordinary.

• Visited November 2013
Santa Clarita, California, United States
“Brunch -”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

While we went for dinner had great salad and soup, the chicken was great and make sure you pick up a bottle of dressing to go. Their brunch menu is the one to go for. Good conversation possible as this place is not one of those places you can not hear the person next to you. This is on the back end of the parking lot. So you may miss it if your are not aware.

Visited March 2013
Santa Clarita, California
“Very good but not excellent”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Went with friends who had been there before. May be hard to find since it is at the back of a large parking lot away from all the other businesses.

We went on a Tuesday, which is half price wine night. We had scallops served with risotto, the scallops were done perfectly, risotto was watery not creamy. Idaho trout, farm raised, panko crusted, two very large fillets with the skin on and some vegetables including broccoli stalks.
Also pasta with chicken, cream sauce and goat cheese which was a very large portion. All in all a very good meal, but not outstanding. Service was good. There is outside dining if the weather is good.

• Visited October 2013