“Customer Service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Cupertino, California
“Customer Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I stayed at your motel for one entire week. when I checked out, I asked to have my name inserted onto the invoice so that my insurance co. would reimburse me (I had a fire in my home). (my daughter booked it for me so her name was on the receipt). The woman who checked me out was not able to make the system print my name instead of hers. I had to leave for an appointment so I called back and asked whoever answered the phone and they said "It can't be done".. Impossible is what she said...so I waited a day and called and talked to another person who basically was rude and told me that there is no way they can go back and make any changes. I asked for the manager and was told that Vicki Patel was not in so I left Vicki four (4)voice mail messages explaining what I needed. She never called me back.. that is horrible customer service. And by the way, while I was staying there, we had NO water for one full day and the ice machine was broken on the bottom floor. the A/C did not work worth a damn and it was very hot - I was in room 130 - direct sun... I decided to drive over on a sunday to see if I could find Ms. Patel. She was not there but fortunately a wonderful helpful person was manning the office. Megan found my invoice from back in May and put my name on the invoice so now I won't have to lose $1,980.00. You need to train your people to take lessons from Megan.. She was amazing and took care of business in a matter of moments. The rest of your staff are rude and disrespectful. and Ms. Patel is not a very good manager.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I loveee this Hotel and will be come back sure one of my favorite now its soo lovely place and very peace full very clean I had a very good time and good sleep I mean it to say this :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

Actually, I supposed to visit to my custommer in San Jose with my coleague.

I returned to my home with good sales from your good condition and clean room.

Whenever I go to San Jose to business trip, I didn't get your room 'cause I didn't make reservation. But from now I 'll do.

Anyway Thanks a lot.

Room Tip: You need to change high Quality Television..
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I stayed at this property, when the whole area was sold. I was very thankful when I found I room here. The room was clean, granted this isn't the Hilton, but like I said very clean.
Rebecca was the lady at the front desk that checked me in and she was really sweet. She made me key two times because I lost it.
Rosella checked me out, and for being so early in the morning she had a great personality. Definitely coming back to visit my two favorite front desk ladies.
Breakfast was a little on the boring side, but its nice to have something on the way to the office.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Santa Clara
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

For the price, its a good place to stay. Most cheap places have a lot of meth heads, but not this one. Con: the windows suck (single pane) so you can hear everything going on outside. oh, and they don't give lotion, only shampoo, soap, and conditioner.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Overall good stay, with some bad conditions beyond control of management. As I checked in, I looked back out over the parking lot to see a guy pull a "slim Jim" out of his pocket and proceed to try to unlock the door of an Acura parked in the lot. Lots of really scruffy people were hanging around in the parking lot. Didn't look safe enough to use the pool. Staff was courteous. Wi-Fi signal was good. I was working on the computer in the morning before my first appointment, and was distracted by pretty loud chatter (apparently in Hindi) among the staff outside on the walkway.

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room for better security.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I had a nice stay at the Vagabond Inn. The room was clean, cable tv w/ HBO, free strong wifi and awesome service from Rebecca and Rosella checking me in and out. I would recommend this place to anyone staying in the area who needs a quality room for the night.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Been to Vagabond Inn Santa Clara? Share your experiences!