“Everything You Need” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Oceanside, California
“Everything You Need”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

Stayed 2 nights on a recent visit to family and chose this property due to its proximity to local family.

The room has everything you need - a multitude of electrical outlets, phone/ipod jacks, couch & chair, plus a rolling table/desk with desk chair -- nice to use for work or to roll over to the seating area. There is a good size refrigerator with a microwave.

The bathroom is spacious, but there are a few things that I found a little odd/difficult. The hairdryer is mounted on the left side, right next to the toilet. The cord on the hairdryer is so short that you have to wedge yourself in-between the toilet and the mirror to dry your hair and even then it's almost impossible to stretch the cord enough to move the hairdryer around --- it would be much better if was mounted on the other side. Also, no place to put soap in the shower, so you have to stack everything (soap, shampoo, conditioner, etc) on the ledge of the tub. Kind of awkward and not very convenient.

The breakfast offerings in the great room cover a wide range --- from eggs, sausage, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, cold cereal, pancakes - to yogurt, hard boiled eggs, etc. One problem we encountered is that several of the small cartons of milk were spoiled --- which we discovered after we poured them on the cereal. Best guess is that someone left them sitting out and they were replaced in the cooler. Note to self --- always take the milk from the back of the cooler!

Free wi-fi in the guest rooms is very nice; easy to log into and speed of service was very good. I did have to log into the system each time I returned to the hotel, though; not a big deal. Front desk staff was very friendly; property was clean and quiet (I did have a room on the back side of the hotel, off of the busy street). Did not have a chance to use the fitness center or have any need for the two computers located in the business center portion of the great room, but nice to have available. Overall, very nice property with all the amenities needed for my trip.

Room Tip: My room was on the back side of the hotel and was very quiet (even with the window open). Not sure...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Dear BadDiver,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review and sharing your experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley. I certainly apologize for the shortfall you experienced over the spoiled milk. Please be assured that we take this matter seriously as this will also be looked into immediately. I greatly appreciate your valuable feedback with us as this will help us to consistently enhance the guest experience.
Once again, thank you for your business. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Santa Clara!
Sincerely yours,
Michelle Nguyen | Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sun Valley, Idaho
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a budget hotel at $200+/night. I've stayed at a couple of this chain and this property meets those expectations with a clean room, good bedding and towels, nice TV etc. I liked the extra space that provided a small couch and bar sink with microwave and fridge. The staff were helpful and attentive. What led me to rate this as average was the AC was one of those window units that was either on or off. No cycling for temp. Since it was 80+ outside, we had to sleep with the fan on all night although it did cool nicely. The fan on was also helpful to screen out the noises coming from the hallway and neighbors that the thin walls allowed.

In summary, the owners and staff do a good job with what they have but the AC units and thin walls along with the high price make me want to try another area hotel on my next stay in this area.

Word of warning. I always book directly with the hotel and clicked on the prepay "savings" rate in error. Fortunately my plans did not change so I was able to stay here but I checked the rates a week before arriving and the rate for one of the two nights had gone lower than my "savings" rate. Central reservations were not able to help me but the front desk manager was able to refund me $40 to match the current rate. The "savings" rate with prepay two months prior ended up being the regular old walk-in rate the date of stay and they had my money for 2 months.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Dear retired_early_51,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your visit to the Santa Clara area. While I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our facilities and service, I am very sorry to learn of the inconvenience caused by the air-conditioner and the noise outside of the room. I greatly appreciate you sharing your feedback with us as this will help us to consistently enhance the guest experience. If there is anything further you would like to discuss in regards to your recent visit, I encourage you to contact me directly at frontofficemgr@hiexsantaclara.com.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Stayed here for a month when on business visit.

Service, cleanliness, staff are all good. But it falls short of greatness and wowness.

Rooms are neat and clean but a little more attention to detail would have helped. On the study table there were no other stationary except pen and a small pad! Something I haven't experienced anywhere else before.

Breakfast is just fine. If you are a vegetarian you are going to have tough time. May be in that case you want to choose Marriott .

What wins for this is the location. Nearby for many restaurants , supermarkets and offices. You can walk and reach at least 10 restaurants. So if you are planning not to drive during your stay this would be a good bet. Also the bus stops are right in front of the hotel.
Go there and be assured of a nice safe stay. If awesomeness is what you are looking for, this may not be your great bet.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear Sushmahegde,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience which we appreciate the feedback. I'm glad you had a nice one month stay with us and hope to see you again.

Regards,
Farnborough, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Stayed here for two nights ahead of a family wedding. After checking the Tripadvisor reviews of budget motels nearby we settled on this HI Ex. No bargain, but after a transatlantic flight we didn't want to compromise on quality. We weren't disappointed. Everything as described, everything in perfect working order, decor and fixtures in good condition, huge room (by European standards). The reception staff were friendly and helpful. Our room was on the first floor at the front, facing the busy El Camino Real but the sound insulation was good and there was no intrusive street noise. Our room had a small fridge, a coffee maker, and a microwave, nice touches. The breakfast buffet was extensive, even with Asian-style items, but a little heavy on carbs. My wife is gluten-free so her choice was limited. Luckily she was also on a diet so didn't mind too much. We didn't use the swimming pool but it did look inviting, especially after a long flight, and was clearly well maintained. All in all a good quality base for short trips to the area, whether business or pleasure, if a little pricey for the brand.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Dear John K,
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. I'm so happy to hear you find our rooms so spacious and comfortable, facilities so well-maintained and our staff so friendly and helpful and that we met your expectation. We look forward to hosting you again on your next trip to Santa Clara!
Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Santa Clara - Silicon Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The first Holiday Inn that I stayed was the one in Arizona, it was very nice so that I reserved this one for my SC visit, and as expected, my one week stay here was enjoyable too.
Free breakfast every morning was decent and good enough for me, including soy bean soup of Japanese style could have been relief for may Asian taste.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Dear JM H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit to Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Santa Clara - Silicon Valley. We are delighted to know your stay with us was an enjoyable one and consistently met your expectation.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travel brings you to the area.

Faithfully yours,
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights (5\21 to 5\24\14) while visiting California. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. It is not the fanciest hotel but it was clean, and that is most important to me. The hotel staff was courteous and accomodating. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear unikka,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. We are so happy that you had a comfortable stay and thought our staff was courteous and accommodating.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley in a near future.

Warmest regards,
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

location is very easy from SC airport. Well priced for SC at ~$150. Has a pool and the rooms are large. The AC does not really have a temp monitor so it is either full on or full off (noisy). Basic breakfast is included and staff i svery helpful. Overall a quiet location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Michelle N, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2014
Dear PortlandRoss,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Holiday Inn Express & Suites, Santa Clara - Silicon Valley. We're glad that you enjoyed our large room, location and think our staff is helpful. We value your feedback about AC temperature and noise and certainly will use it for review and management's action.

Once again, thank you for your business. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Regards,
Michelle Nguyen | Front Office Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!