“Great Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
San Diego, United States
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. Every person we came in contact with was terrific. The service was amazing. We will differently return to this hotel next time we are in the area. The food was good, the suites were beautiful, very spacious and very clean.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

EmbSuites, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for choosing to stay with us for your family bonding time. It's wonderful to hear your feedback about our staff, cleanliness, accommodations, food and complimentary services and that we met your expectations. The word amazing that you used is always a delight for us to hear knowing that we are doing something right! We look forward to having you as our guest again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Stay in this hotel for 3 days around end October to attend annual summit organized by my company. Huge room with comfortable bed! Two TVs inside the room, one in front of the bed and the other one near the study/sofa area.

Unfortunately, there seems to be some issues with the key-card! Everyday, I have to re-validate the card to gain access to my room until they decided to change to a brand new card. The hotel should track for the appropriate number of times the key-card was used and then scrapped it to minimize inconveniences to the hotel guests!

Other than this small hiccup, the hotel is perfect. Nice breakfast (included in the room-rate) to kick-start the day and free parking available. Externally, the hotel might look a little old... A reasonably value for money with my company corporate rate!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent review.It's heartwarming to hear our guests speak well of our property and staff. And being that you stayed with us 3 days while attending your annual submit, it’s a reward to know that you had a comfortable stay. I do however apologize for the key-card issue that you experience. You are right, we should have caught that while you were staying with us. However I want you to know that since your stay we have taken action and have eliminated that problem. We are also glad to know that you had an opportunity to enjoy our breakfast as well. We strive to provide the best customer service as possible by making our guests feel like they are at home. We look forward to having you visit us again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

This embassy suites truly is the party hotel. My dad and I were in town for a Selena Gomez concert and we stayed at this hotel for the weekend. When we first arrived at this hotel there was a party going on upstairs above the lobby with lots of shouting and loud music. There were a lot of thugs and punks hanging out in the lobby which made us feel unsafe. The hotel staff was very kind though because they were very helpful when giving us directions to places we wanted to go. All over the hotel there were punks walking around on every floor and in the elevators with many alcoholic beverages in their hands. Every person we approached in the elevator smelt like alcohol
:( There were a lot of partying college kids staying here as well. The rooms were decent, but the beds looked kind of gross and were not comfortable. The breakfast was decent, but nothing to rave about. There is a Sizzler Restaurant and McDonald's right around the corner just to let you know about other affordable ding options. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is traveling with young children due to the thugs/punks, drunks, alcohol, and parties at this hotel. This hotel is alright for people that are traveling for business. This hotel is perfect for those of you who like to party.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CHICAGO, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

EVERY ASPECT OF THE HOTEL IS PERFECT the staff is courteous, the rooms clean and spacious and the location is excellent for Santa Clara business The breakfast and evening cocktail reception are stellar values for travelers on expense accounts

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your recent review. We are thrilled to hear that we were able to meet every aspect of your expectation. It’s always great to hear a guest say that they had a perfect stay and that of stellar values. Your feedback is valuable and rewarding to our continued success. And it is our hopes that you will consider staying with us again soon!
Lincoln, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I really like this hotel, but it is the staff that make it great not the building.
Plus side:
Staff are fantastic, especially the bar, front desk and breakfast crew
it has a guest laundry , fitness room and pool
very convenient for most things in the area.
Restaurant food is excellent
managers happy hour always has a good mix of people

Minus
The decor is from the 1970's and has not changed in the 12 years I have been using it apart from a transition to flat screen TV's
However it is the new charge for over night parking and the high cost of WiFi which always make me look for another hotel

For the price and brand I would expect it to be more up to date and at least include Wifi and Parking in the price the same as breakfast as these are all essential these days and not a way to fleece the customer of more cash

If you stay over the weekend and want breakfast get up early or you will be queuing behind a school or marching band if you want breakfast

Room Tip: This hotel isnt far from Great America Themepark so if you are staying over a weekend I would get a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry to hear that you were not fond of the décor in our hotel. We understand the need to renovate thus the hotel went under a renovation of $10 million dollars in 2008. As for WIFI charge, we apologize for that. It is an Embassy Brand standard, however that policy is being reviewed by the company. We can understand the parking fee as well. Unfortunately to protect parking spaces for our guest this is a need seeing that the 49ers Stadium is coming next year so there will be a need to protect spaces from all others trying to park in our hotel lot being that there is going to be very little parking for such evens. We also apologize for the Youth crowds that you experienced during your stay with us. Yes, there are times where we have the need to accommodate such groups while trying to take care of our transient guest.
On a good note, I am extremely happy that you did note that you were pleases with the staff in our various outlets. . Not all the time do we have control over the facilities however we take pride in our team members providing memorable experiences. And it is our hopes that you will return soon.
Sacramento, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I had no problem checking in, the front desk was very nice and made it easy. I enjoyed my experience at this hotel. The reception and "freebies" (evening reception and nice breakfast were a very nice bonus!)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you so much for your review of your stay. I am thrilled to hear that you had no problems while checking in and that our desk staff was very nice and made your check in easy. It is always rewarding for us to hear that our guest had a good at our hotel. We are also glad that you had an opportunity to enjoy the Managers Reception and our Complimentary breakfast while you stayed with us. We hope you will return soon.
Vacaville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

My original review was as follows:

unclean rooms. Staff was unable to help change the sheets. Obnoxious guests knocking on doors from 4am to 8am. I will never stay at this hotel again

This review is obviously inefficient. I was notified by TripAdvisor that my review would not be submitted and I could write a new one if I wanted. Due to my terrible trip, I feel obligated to write another.

This hotel was by far the worst experience I have had at a hotel. The parking lot was congested and navigating through cones and traffic was a pain. The hotel lobby is nice and and the bar/breakfast area looked nice.

The room appeared nice upon first walking in. We pulled out the bed from the couch and immediately smelled mildew and human excrement. I called the front desk and asked for someone to change out the bedding. After 30 minutes I decided to walk downstairs and ask for the sheets myself. The hotel employee at the front desk told me someone would drop off the linens shortly. I was also told that no one would dress the bed for me because the maid/cleaning services people were gone for the day. The time was 10:30PM. I dress the bed myself and put the kids to bed.

I went to sleep around midnight after a long day at Great America. Someone in the hotel knocked loudly on our door at 4am. 5am. 6:30am, 7:30am and 8am. I called the front desk after the 7:30 and 8am times. My family was looking forward to sleeping in, I was especially hoping my kids would sleep in. This didnt happen.

The bright spot to this hotel was the omelet bar. My family and I enjoyed the breakfast.

My biggest issue with the whole trip is the staff's inability to help or even appear like they cared. I will not be staying here again.

Room Tip: TIP: Don't stay here
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
EmbSuites, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites Hotel Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Marcus,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the hassle and frustration you experienced on your recent stay at our hotel. We strive to make every guests' stay a pleasant one from check-in to departure through quality service and amenities, and we regret this was not your impression. We will use your comments as part of our ongoing service training and hope you will give us another opportunity to show you the quality stay you deserve should you return to our area in the future.
Best Regards,
Erica Alcaine, erica.alcaine@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Santa Clara? Share your experiences!