“Nice property, perfect for business travel” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Extended Stay
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Dallas
“Nice property, perfect for business travel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Stayed two nights on the front end of a week-long business trip. I was pleasantly surprised at how nice the property was - very clean, upgraded breakfast and bar area, etc. The room was large and nicely appointed. I enjoyed the complimentary "made to order" breakfast, and the staff was very accommodating.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
CA USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

When you consider the free drinks at happy hour and the great buffet served at breakfast including made to order omelets, the Hilton HHonors weekend deal of points + payment offered a surprisingly great deal for a local retreat. We stayed local for the MLK long weekend. We enjoyed our stay and the service of the front desk so much, we stayed a 2nd night and again used the points + payment deal--the front desk got us the same terms even though the 2nd night encroached into the business week. I've never been disappointed by an Embassy Suite stay and the local property is no exception. As a frequent business traveler, I'd recommend it to road warriors coming to the South Bay area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We came to Santa Clara purely to visit California's Great America Theme Park and stayed at Embassy Suites because of the excellent value package available.
The room (suite) was huge - you entered into a large lounge area with TV and sofas, microwave, fridge and sink. The bedroom was just as big and also had a TV in. Very Clean and comfortable throughout.
Check in was quick and friendly, along with our room card we were also handed our park entrance tickets (actual tickets - not vouchers, so no need to get in line and exchange at the park).
Free parking lot.
Breakfast (included) was awesome, set out in 2 large rooms off the lobby. Choice of food was amazing loads of different fruit and cereal, coffee and juices, pancakes, sausages and home fries plus a cooked to order station for eggs, omlettes (with loads of different fillings) and bacon.
We would stay here again if we come back to Great America.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My family stayed at the Embassy Suites in Santa Clara during the Christmas holidays 2012. My familiy consists of myself, my hubby and three kids ages 10, 8, and 4. We have stayed at many Embassy Suites, including Brea in SoCal and all over Texas (Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, etc). The Santa Clara location is hands down our favorite of all the Embassy Suites where we have stayed! Our room was clean, spacious, and very quiet. My husband requested extra towels and linens when he made the reservations, and they were ready and waiting for us our first night and every night thereafter! The fold-out bed was comfy, and they provided an extra blanket for even extra comfort (from experience, most fold-out beds are not very comfortable). We didn't partake of the Manager's Reception, as we were visiting with relatives every night, but we enjoyed the complimentary hot breakfast each morning. The service was fantastic! We were greeted by a very pleasant and friendly woman at the dining area, who was sweet and joked with my kids. (In contrast, the woman at the Embassy Suites in Brea was horrible and always demanded that we keep a close eye on my kids, which was unwarranted, as my kids are typically well-behaved. The Brea location has some major issues with customer service in the dining area, but that's another story. Back to my review about the Santa Clara location...). The breakfast omlettes were delicious! My kids and I really looked forward to breakfast every morning. I wish all hotels could be like this! The Santa Clara location will definitely be our go-to hotel when we make our annual Christmas trips to the Bay Area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our family's stayed in many Embassy Suites for both pleasure and business, and this time it was over the Christmas holiday. Right next door, there's a new hotel being built and we were wakened by construction noise at 7 in the morning. Hotel management is proactive by leaving a notice in our room informing us of the impending construction. Fortunately because of the continued rain and being that it was over the holidays, we weren't overly annoyed or awakened by construction noise. The executive rooms are smaller than most, especially the bathroom. Breakfast was just average but there's no variety so if you're staying more than two or three days, like we were, breakfast becomes expected; there needs to be more variety. Also the snacks during happy hour are very poor compared to many other Embassys we've visited. As far as cleanliness, I didn't see a whole lot of cleaning around the hotel but it was during the holidays so I expect the hotel to be running with a skeleton crew. Our room wasn't vacuumed or trash removed, and also noticed that the elevators needed some attention. The pool is very small, and I would call it a dipping pool and not fit for families. Same for the spa. I had to use the business center a couple of times and both times, there were issues with their 3rd party service provider. For a hotel that caters to business travelers, they need to change this. Let me add, though, they quickly responded to my inability to gain access to their computers to print by setting me up on one of their office computers. Location is great if you're on business or wanting to spend some time at Great America or near Santana Row.

Room Tip: Ask for top floors facing away from freeway.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I have stayed here a number of times, most recently October 2012. The layout and decor is the same as every other Embassy Suites - so, solid, wearing well, usable, functional, a little boring although the hallways are a little ... depressing at times (see photo). But ... that's the way it goes.

Reception staff were extremely helpful - I'd just flown in from the East Coast trying to leave before Sandy struck and was delayed a bit. The staff didn't charge me for the night I wasn't there, and then let me check in early to leave my bags. Very friendly and caring of them!

Room service was a little slow but they warn you about the wait over the phone. The portions are large though - so go easy!

Gym: Functional - gets busy in the mornings.

Breakfast: A good breakfast with really friendly staff - particularly the hot breakfast chef. Free omelettes every morning with a smile.

Bar: Some free snacks served in the evening. A nice touch. Bartender was very professional.

Rooms: Clean. Well maintained, Hilton / Embassy Suites standard. One note: the cleaners, while extremely polite and helpful, do tend to chat and talk quite a bit in the hallways when they're doing other rooms which can get noisy if you're trying to do an early morning conference call from your room.

Overall: A good business hotel if you need to be in the area, nice to have the extra space and the free hot breakfast is a really nice touch to look forward to in the morning.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Good solid Embassy Suites. My room was at the end of the hall and very quiet. I would recommend asking for a room not on the freeway side. Room service was very slow, but the food was good. Surprisingly though, no Hhonors amenities.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Santa Clara? Share your experiences!