“Wonderful experience at the Biltmore” 5 of 5 stars

Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2151 Laurelwood Rd., Santa Clara, CA 95054   |
Ranked #17 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Santa Clara
“Wonderful experience at the Biltmore”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

The grounds were well kept and very pretty. The pool was heated and warm enough even for me to swim in, the hot tub temperature was perfect probably 102, strong jets clean environment. The room was great, large mattress and fluffy comforter. Food at the restaurant was good, excellent service. Only complaint I have is the "Pub" was closed for the holiday weekend. :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Hi Tamara J J,

We are so pleased you had the opportunity to stay with us during your recent travels and that you had a wonderful experience! Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your experience with us and future travelers. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the pool, hot tub, restaurant amenities, and comfy bed that make our hotel special. It sounds as though we were able to provide a positive guest experience for you and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again (and experience our pub!) should your travels bring you back to our area.

Director of Rooms

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Weldon, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

The heater was broken, it could not be turned off and was extremely loud. Housekeeping came to look at it, where the guy stood there pushing the same two buttons for twenty minutes ... as if we hadn't tried that. No fix, no move to a new room, no sleep.

In the morning, at checkout, I complained again about the problem and the complete disregard by the staff ... and, again, no offer any type to compensate us for one of the most miserable nights ever ...

I would sleep in my car before I would consider staying at Biltmore again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Hi jkiggens,

Thank you for your stay with us and for taking the time to provide us with very valuable feedback. We would like you to know that this is not the type of stay that we would hope for any of our guests and we sincerely apologize for the situations you personally encountered concerning the heat in your room. Be assured that your feedback will be shared with all our team. We hope you will reconsider a future visit so that we can provide you with the type of stay you deserve.

Naperville, Illinois, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I was in Silicon Valley on business attending a big conference at the Santa Clara Convention Center. I booked my travel 2 months in advanced and every recommended hotel room was already booked. My company travel service got me a room at the Biltmore. The hotel is close enough, and the room was plenty good. It wouldn't be my first choice, but if anyone else was traveling to the area in a similar busy travel season, I would recommend staying here.

My room had a queen sized bed, a desk/flatscreen TV work area, an ok sized sink/closet, dressing area and a small bathroom. The room seemed reasonably up to date. The WIFI service, included with the room, was high speed (but my somewhat contorted company VPN wouldn't connect). My Verizon LTE smartphone had really good coverage and I was able to use it as a hotspot.

I was pretty disappointed to find that my room was located outside, motel-style. From the front, the hotel looks like a big block of rooms; my room was part of a separate section not part of the main building, sitting in a structure with no indoor hallway or elevator. I suppose this is a local building style, but for me, it really has been over 20 years since I stayed at such a hotel (motel!). After my 2nd full day, I stopped caring and counted my blessings that I really had it pretty good compared to some of my other work associates who stayed much further away.

The hotel had a restaurant and a breakfast area. I didn't use either. But for late night snacks, they next door gas station had a good selection of soda pop and junk food.

To get to the convention center from the hotel, I had to turn right onto the Montague Expressway. This 10 lane road is a very busy, fast moving, major artery right in front of the hotel. To get to the convention center, I have to turn right and get over 5 lanes in .2 miles to turn left onto Lafayette St. Don't even bother trying. I did it a couple of times, and then gave up. Don't be pressured by the GPS in your SmartPhone, get left but settle for turning at Agnew Rd a mile or so further down the road.

Speaking of GPS, once my Smartphone had me driving between the hotel and convention center using the 101. Oh boy, that only happened once. The 101 was heavily congested, a parking lot. It was going very slow, and I only was on for one exit. I found alternate routes that kept me away from the 101.

Other local driving techniques I noticed: when a stoplight turns green, floor it! In my home town, green light mean proceed with caution. Further, it appears that it is customary to tail gate; I was tail gated everywhere I drove. And finally, it looks like if some one tries to switch lanes, you should never slow down to let someone in. Having said all these somewhat negative stereo typical observations, I noticed that cars will stop on a dime to let a pedestrian or bicycle rider cross the street... much more courteous than my home town.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Hi jkozik,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and share your travel experience with us and future travelers. We are pleased to hear that you found our location convenient although a somewhat different and challenging type of commuting style than other parts of the country! It sounds as though your accommodations with us, however, were a positive part of your business convention experience. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you to our area again.

Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Not the place I would have brought my wife to, but a good one to get work done, no hassle, no tricks. It is c l e a n, unlike some of it peers in the area. Receptions are nice and polite, everything in the room functions etc...

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Hi ybhk19,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent business travel accommodations and for taking time to share your experience with us and future travelers. Feedback from our guests is always appreciated and helpful in creating the optimal travel experience possible for our guests. We are so pleased that you found our accommodations clean and hassle-free. It is also great to hear that your experience with our reception staff was enjoyable. We look forward to having the opportunity to accommodate your travels needs in the future.

Reno, Nevada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

The rate for our room was lowered by $18/night and I was not given the lower rate. My daughter-in-law reserved her room with a AAA discount 2 weeks after my reservation with AAA; her rate was $85 where mine WS $103 for the exact same room. When we realized what happened upon check in, they said that since I booked earlier I was unable to get the lower rate and they are unable to give me credit. I told them that this was penalizing people for booking early; they said it wasn't.
I also requested 4 extra pillows for my husband due to back surgeries. I verified the request the night before, but upon arrival they were not there. It took 2 requests to get the pillows delivered. We had also requested that our family rooms be close together and they were 5 floors apart.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hi 269JeanniE,

We value your feedback and appreciate the time you took to share your guest experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the difficulty you experienced with the booking rate situation and for the details of our room that were not met. Thank you for bringing it to our attention and we will share the details with our staff. Please consider a return weekend stay with us so that we may provide you with a stay that exemplifies how highly we value you as a guest.

Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

It's worth its price (in this area, of course!). The room is pretty, but small. Toilet and all this stuff is fairly new - so not bad at all. Their breakfast is not free (~$13), but they have a good choice of options.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Hi Serge P,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review about your recent stay. It is great to hear that you found the value of your accommodations worth the price and the room amenities to your liking. We are also pleased to hear that our breakfast options met your expectations. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back should your travels bring you to our area again.

Santa Maria, California, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

On Oct 18 we at the Montagues Café at your hotel , we were seated at 5:30 P.M. 1 hour to eat and 1 hour to get our bill after asking 4 times.
this was the worst service I have ever had , I talked to food manger about my bill and she just blew it off. we stayed in room 117 from 10/17 to 10/18 check out 10/19
this is no way to treat customers ,Room under Sandra Turner

Room Tip: room was fine
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Gregory P, Director of Rooms at Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hi Bruce T,

Thank you for sharing your review of your travel experience with us. We sincerely apologize for the less than satisfactory aspects of your stay involving the meal at our restaurant. Your input is very important to us and be assured that we have shared the details of your experience concerning these issues with our team. We would like to have another opportunity to host you in the future and provide you with a much more favorable guest experience.

Director of Rooms

Been to Biltmore Hotel & Suites, Silicon Valley Central? Share your experiences!