“Good Experience” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Santa Clara
“Good Experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

This was a very good value for the rate. The staff was friendly and efficient. The breakfast was good. This was near to my workplace so I stayed here. I will recommend this to others.
Pleasant stay, restaurants everywhere. Liked the kitchenette and the coffee in the morning.

Sandip

.................................

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for the time to review our hotel. We truly value the opinions and comments of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Santa Clara, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Reading some of the complaints all I can say is you get what you pay for. The room I stayed in wasn't bad. Everything is a bit out dated but my biggest concern when I walk in was the smell (THERE WASN'T ONE!!!!!) it was quite pleasant. I would stay here again it sure beats the HOTEL STRATUS across the street which is a nightmare and smells (gross)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Making our guests feel at Home away from Home with best possible hospitality and service has always been our missions. We are in business because of our repeat and value guests. Thanks you for your opinion and review of our hotel.
Orem, Utah, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

The Granada is a dive. Dirty, old, poorly kept. If your sole criteria is price for a place to flop in Santa Clara, maybe this is for you. Otherwise, move on.

Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
We are truly sorry for not meeting your expectations.
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

The staff seem nice enough, but this place has seen better days. Everything, rooms and public areas, are dark, dirty and very dated. The room is appalling! Snot smeared on one wall that appears to have been there for a long time...made me gag just looking at it. I called the front desk and they send some poor maid to clean it up rather than offer another room.

The "hotel" is directly next to a mexican fast food chicken restaurant and the smell is awful

The lovely Granada Inn offers a free breakfast and it was the grossest thing of all! On my second day here I noticed two large flats of eggs sitting un-refrigerated in a small room just off the lobby. It was an 80+ degree day. At first I thought perhaps they had been put there for just a few minutes, maybe they had just come from the store or something. NO! Those eggs were there for at least a day. After seeing that I decided not to partake of the breakfast.

After this trip I told the company I was visiting, and who paid for this stay, that I would never stay there again. I suggest you not stay here either.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
We could not meet your expectations, we are truly sorry.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

So, I am currently in my room here at the lovely Granada Inn. Gross!! Hairs all over the bed sheets, stains from past who knows what in and around the sink. I feel cleaner looking at the shower then I could get if I took one.

If you don't have a job, love to drink warm Natty Light and wear a wife beater while sitting in your kiddie pool, this is the motel for you!! If you are indeed a actual contributing member of society, GO SOME PLACE ELSE!!!! Disgusting...please!! Go somewhere else, anywhere else. And it's 4 bucks a night for Internet!!

• Stayed September 2011
Sorry, we could not meet your expectations.
Smyrna, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My mom and I checked into this hotel after an 8 hour drive at around midnight. We were exhausted and had to haggle with front desk over price. It was posted 49.99 then front desk says, we dont have any more of those rooms, 69.99 to stay, Got him down to 54.99. Proceeded to check in and go to our room. When we got in our room we saw the carpets where disgusting, there were blood and we're guessing some kind of mucus stains all over the walls. I did take tons of pictures. Blood and other unknown stains on the bedding, stains all over the bathroom. We were appalled and decided we couldnt deal with it. At the front desk he told us we needed to wait to speak to a manager so we went up to the breakfast area and waited. Around 7am the supposed manager came in and right after, an older man and we heard him ask her about moving to the new building if anyone had checked out. Right after, we asked about it and she snapped at us and said there was no new building. So we said we wanted to check out and a refund and instead of attempting to fix this she told us to leave and was calling the police. We hadnt even had a chance to get mad yet. She picked up the phone and called them and we left and called our bank to tell them the charge was not authorized.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Your review truly ashamed me. This response is very late. But I was waiting for the time to response after rectifications. Your concerns and issues were my opportunity to improve our property. You may be aware of that since 2009-2012 hotel business were very bleak. Your review with photos always reminded to improve our property and customer services. As on today, I can say with proud that we eliminate your issues by doing the following:
1. Change of Bedding, (2) Putting spring box and mattress covers against any possible for Bed Bugs or bacteria (3) Signed up Pests control services from Terminix (4) Change of carpet of most of the rooms and corridors (5) Paint of all rooms (6) Above all overall new look to the property. We have addressed your issues and proudly would lite to invite you on the property. If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again and wish you the very best...Harry.
Holt, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Price was low for the area, room was clean although looks a little worn, example the battery cover on the remote was scotch tape. Had a very small kitchenette area with refrigerator. Bed seemed clean, bathroom seemed clean. Breakfast provided consisted of orange juice, apple juice, coffee and bread to make toast, that's it.
Not a bad place, just remember you're getting what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
We value and appreciate your review.

Been to Granada Inn - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!