The staff seem nice enough, but this place has seen better days. Everything, rooms and public areas, are dark, dirty and very dated. The room is appalling! Snot smeared on one wall that appears to have been there for a long time...made me gag just looking at it. I called the front desk and they send some poor maid to clean it up rather than offer another room.
The "hotel" is directly next to a mexican fast food chicken restaurant and the smell is awful
The lovely Granada Inn offers a free breakfast and it was the grossest thing of all! On my second day here I noticed two large flats of eggs sitting un-refrigerated in a small room just off the lobby. It was an 80+ degree day. At first I thought perhaps they had been put there for just a few minutes, maybe they had just come from the store or something. NO! Those eggs were there for at least a day. After seeing that I decided not to partake of the breakfast.
After this trip I told the company I was visiting, and who paid for this stay, that I would never stay there again. I suggest you not stay here either.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- INTRODUCTION:• Granada Inn offers wide choice of accommodations:• Deluxe rooms with king size bed or two double beds with a choice of smoking or non smoking rooms.• 67 guest rooms and a Master & Deluxe suites. “ Granada Inn is a family operated hotel.”LOCATION:Ideally located on the historical El Camino Real in the heart of the Silicon Valley in downtown Santa Clara, California and about two miles away from downtown San Jose and just a few minutes away from:• Santa Clara and San Jose Convention center• San Jose International airport• Museums, Paramount’s Great America theme park, International Swim Center, San Jose Arena, Health club, and Bay area’s biggest companies• Walking distance from numerous restaurants, shopping complexes, and entertainment facilities. “Granada Inn could not be more ideally located”AMENTIES:1. Fully equipped kitchenettes with microwaves & refrigerators.2. Remote control 32"TV/LED/LCD.3. Free Local calls.4. Each room has Clock Radio, iron, iron board, hair dryer.5. Shuttle service available with surcharge6. Complimentary service - Continental Breakfast.7. Coffee Makers and some utensils in each room.8. Dedicated WIFI - Surcharge $3/day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Granada Inn - Silicon Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Granada Inn - Silicon Valley Hotel Santa Clara
- Granada Hotel Santa Clara