“Wow . . .” 1 of 5 stars

Refurbish to showers.
Ranked #10 of 33 hotels in Santa Clara
“Wow . . .”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2011 via mobile

So, I am currently in my room here at the lovely Granada Inn. Gross!! Hairs all over the bed sheets, stains from past who knows what in and around the sink. I feel cleaner looking at the shower then I could get if I took one.

If you don't have a job, love to drink warm Natty Light and wear a wife beater while sitting in your kiddie pool, this is the motel for you!! If you are indeed a actual contributing member of society, GO SOME PLACE ELSE!!!! Disgusting...please!! Go somewhere else, anywhere else. And it's 4 bucks a night for Internet!!

• Stayed September 2011
HARRY2515, General Manager at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Sorry, we could not meet your expectations.

67 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Smyrna, TN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2011

My mom and I checked into this hotel after an 8 hour drive at around midnight. We were exhausted and had to haggle with front desk over price. It was posted 49.99 then front desk says, we dont have any more of those rooms, 69.99 to stay, Got him down to 54.99. Proceeded to check in and go to our room. When we got in our room we saw the carpets where disgusting, there were blood and we're guessing some kind of mucus stains all over the walls. I did take tons of pictures. Blood and other unknown stains on the bedding, stains all over the bathroom. We were appalled and decided we couldnt deal with it. At the front desk he told us we needed to wait to speak to a manager so we went up to the breakfast area and waited. Around 7am the supposed manager came in and right after, an older man and we heard him ask her about moving to the new building if anyone had checked out. Right after, we asked about it and she snapped at us and said there was no new building. So we said we wanted to check out and a refund and instead of attempting to fix this she told us to leave and was calling the police. We hadnt even had a chance to get mad yet. She picked up the phone and called them and we left and called our bank to tell them the charge was not authorized.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Your review truly ashamed me. This response is very late. But I was waiting for the time to response after rectifications. Your concerns and issues were my opportunity to improve our property. You may be aware of that since 2009-2012 hotel business were very bleak. Your review with photos always reminded to improve our property and customer services. As on today, I can say with proud that we eliminate your issues by doing the following:
1. Change of Bedding, (2) Putting spring box and mattress covers against any possible for Bed Bugs or bacteria (3) Signed up Pests control services from Terminix (4) Change of carpet of most of the rooms and corridors (5) Paint of all rooms (6) Above all overall new look to the property. We have addressed your issues and proudly would lite to invite you on the property. If you come back to our hotel, I would love to have the opportunity to speak to you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again and wish you the very best...Harry.
Holt, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

Price was low for the area, room was clean although looks a little worn, example the battery cover on the remote was scotch tape. Had a very small kitchenette area with refrigerator. Bed seemed clean, bathroom seemed clean. Breakfast provided consisted of orange juice, apple juice, coffee and bread to make toast, that's it.
Not a bad place, just remember you're getting what you pay for.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
We value and appreciate your review.
STL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

I booked a hotel room here, checked in and went to the room. It was the worst I'd ever experienced. There was mold growing in the bathroom, the carpets were dirty and stained, and you could see where they painted over existing mold and mildew instead of fixing the problem. It smelled, actually reeked, of cleaning solution. The cleaning personnel did their best with what they had but nothing could fix this dump. I did get another room that wasn't much better. This should be a zero star hotel. Don't stay here

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Thanks for your comments. We are sorry, we could not come up to your expectatioons.
Watsonville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

This was a nice hotel, and the price wasn't so bad. They have a kitchen, refrigerator, coffee maker, iron and all the thing I need. I was staying there for a Week and I like it. I will stay again if I ever come to Santa Clara.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
HARRY2515, Owner at Granada Inn - Silicon Valley, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
We thank you truly from our heart for your comment. Thanks.
cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

I had a booking for a week till monday morning.when I went to double check abt the check out date, the front desk staff misled me syaing it is sunday. i was slightly surprised becos i remembr it as monday but I dint want to argue.i packed everything was chcking out on sunday and even called the person on sunday to say aI am chekcing out.when at the desk, a lady said ok if u r chekcing out now but we wont refund a days money though u r chkecing out a day in advance.i was hocked to ehjar that. i ahd lifted all my bagagges into the car to hear that i actually had one other day.
again, very bad housekeeping..u ahve to call multiple times to expect anything from them

• Stayed January 2008, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We truly sorry, we could not come upto your expections.
North Bergen,NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2007

Found it when I had to stay for close to a month in silicon velly and found all other hotels were not upto the mark. Tried this one, and worked greatly. It has all basic facilities including Gas to cook. Stayed there for more than 3 weeks.

Stayed November 2006
We appreciate your review. Thanks.

Been to Granada Inn - Silicon Valley? Share your experiences!