“Not doing justice to the location” 3 of 5 stars

Mariani's Inn
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95051   |
Ranked #26 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
New Delhi, India
“Not doing justice to the location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Close to the intersection of El Camino and San Tomas, the location is great, you can walk to many restaurants, starbucks, and bank.
What this hotel needs is remodeling, and it needs it NOW! I am sure residents of the area have good memories of this hotel, but everything is sooo old. Rooms are spacious, especially the "suites". The suites have kitches, fridge, microwave, dishes, a small dining table.

Most carpets are old and smelly, beds are old and have bed bugs, bathroom fittings are old and you have the problem of hot/cold water from the shower. Plenty of free parking. Their free breakfast is probably the best in the area - very good variety.

Their Sunday brunch is popular and they have a decent bar with friendly staff. They also have poker nights on Mondays/Tuesdays.

It's definitely value for money. Much cheaper compared to other hotels in the area, but as they say "you get what you pay for".

Room Tip: Suites rooms are at the back. If you get disturbed easily, avoid rooms near the BBQ area (in summer...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The good: breakfast buffet, extra towels/pillows promptly delivered, overall friendly front desk people.

The ok: rooms were decent though the walls are a bit thin.

The BIZARRE: after finding out that this hotel has a very reasonable monthly rate, i inquired with the manager who asked me (with some attitude, in front of FOUR other employees) "so what's going on with you that you want to stay in a hotel for a month?" I requested that perhaps she needs to ask me that question in private. She was accommodating in that regard but did not apologize for the absurdity of asking about my personal situation in front of a team of gawking employees..oh but it gets better: AFTER hearing that I'm needing a bit of space from my current living situation & extracting a level of detail i wasn't entirely comfortable with, the manager THEN informed me that they allow dogs on a day by day but not month by month basis & also accused me of not registering my dog with front desk. (when i see a pet friendly hotel, i assume i can bring my pet, but that's not the problem)

THE PROBLEM: instead of asking whether my dog would be staying for the month & advising me that this is against policy, the manager first got the 411 on my personal life & living situation and only after satisfying her curiosity (?) decided to ask whether my dog would need to stay with me.

No lady, i bring my dog in with me to stay for 2 days but for the rest of the month I'm going to put him in a kennel (please note sarcasm)

• Stayed August 2013
Hillsboro, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

There were no hotels available at all and my friend found this place. I was greeted by some very nice reservation desk people who made me feel welcome.

Virginia is so nice (and very attractive!)

Would stay here again if my regular hotel wasn't available.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bhubaneswar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Nice location and good buffet. Coffee in room is great. Wi-fi was reliable.

Probably needs some maintenance as rooms are not sound proof ( hard wood floors of first floor rooms ) and nullifies the advantage of less sound from vehicles plying on the road outside.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Santa Clara
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

as soon as i entered the hotel a cockroach came out to welcome me.... another one welcomed me in my room. Alarm clocks from all neighboring rooms started going off so I woke up when everyone got up...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Santa Clara
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

this was an okay place to stay, access to wifi/cable worked; great buffet; parking available location near major highways
my only complaint was the rug was old and stained, the room was clean though, coffee and frig in room were nice to have; front desk service was good

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I never write reviews and was looking for a budget place to stay - so it's not like I was expecting much here. But this has to be one of the worst places I have ever stayed. For a cheap hotel it is still very run down, parking is difficult (you should see the spaces near the pool - good luck there), and the outside congregations of people at night was alarming to say the least. The first room they put me in was beneath a room that (I was told later) had hard wood floors. If you've ever lived underneath hard wood floors in cheap construction then you know what that sounds like. I managed to get them to move me (after the desk had to call the manager - really?) -- but why would they even put someone in there in the first place? The next room was loud but at least no-one was above me. However, first time I ever slept on top of a bed in a hotel. At checkout they wouldn't print a receipt for the stay. I had accidently misread the dates and at checkin told them I was not needing the final night - no refunds on that. Bottom line - find someplace else to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Mariani's Inn? Share your experiences!