“Very nice surprise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Mission Inn Santa Clara

You added The Mission Inn Santa Clara to your Saves list
The Mission Inn Santa Clara
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   859 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95050 (Formerly Days Inn Santa Clara)   |
Ranked #15 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Dublin, Ireland
“Very nice surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Me and my husband spent there 1 night as we were going for a concert and we wanted to book something close to the concert hall. Room was very nice, modern furniture, fridge, flat TV, free WiFi, nice continental breakfast, parking free of charge.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed here with my teenage daughter. We were getting ready for a college tour at SCU the next day. We arrived at 11:15 at night to fing a creepy guy staying in room 110 outside starring at us while we were unloading our luggage. We were staying in room 107. By the time we got to our room we were freaked out. Literally! We went to bed and I was awoken at 1:30 to the phone ringing. When I answered a creepy voice speaking a foreign language was talking on the other line. I hung up, but was able to go back to sleep. 20 minutes later someone was turning the door knob of my room. Okay, I was scared at this point, but knew that I was safe. The next morning I went to tell the front desk and all he said was oh, yeah, he owes us $100 in phone calls. The call he made to you is probably one of them. When I went back to the car he was standing in the window naked. Way to greet your customers....No thank you. I will never stay here again. The hotel staff obviously doesn't realize the impact this creepy guy is making on his business.. Oh yeah, it looks as if he has lived there for a few weeks...call the police and kick him out

Room Tip: No room no problems
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

We only stayed here for one night en route to someplace else and it was perfectly fine, though a bit too expensive for what I consider a pleasant but average motel room. The room was spacious and clean and the staff were nice. The breakfast was free but somewhat limited (just some juice, coffee, cereal & danishes), though it's hard to complain about a free breakfast and the coffee was hot! The location is sort of nowhere so you need a car to get around. It's about a 10 minute drive to Winchester Mystery House (worth a visit, though also not cheap). We could only get one channel on the TV, which was a bit of a bummer (Olympic figure skating, god help us) but maybe we just couldn't figure out the remote. We were too lazy to go to the office and ask, so I guess that's on us! :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

Many things are overpriced in Santa Clara and so is this for what it is. However, this was decent for the price considering everything else is twice or three time as much a night.

It was definitely upgraded from a Days Inn and the rooms are not bad. The refrigerator in the room was loud so I unplugged it. The noise from the road was not good, but others were even closer and I heard complaints. I travel with ear plugs. The breakfast was continental with no eggs, but toast, bagels, pastry, fruit and you could make some hot oatmeal (all perfectly acceptable). there is no fitness center.

Staff was nice and they lubricated a squeaky bathroom for me quickly. The location was in an area with many Asian restaurants, which were very good.

I would try to find a place with a fitness center and slightly upgraded breakfast if the price was right.

Room Tip: Get a room farthest away from the main road.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Rochester Hills, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We opted to stay here for 1 night. There are definite pluses and minuses here. First, the hotel is just minutes from the San Jose Airport. Upon our early arrival we were greeted by two friendly women staff who agreed to let us check in early and even found a room for us more to our liking. We found our room to be clean and spacious with the look of being newly renovated. However, we soon discovered that the bathroom still needed some sprucing up. The tiled floor was dingy, wallpaper was peeling from the wall and had been patched in some areas. Then there were the towels: old, gray and thin that looked like floor rags. Also, there was a crack in the window. We attempted to print boarding passes on the guest computer that kept shutting down every few minutes. The night staff didn't offer much help with the computer or offer to print them for us. We asked for a dining recommendation and he referred us to a place that was closed. Upon our return to our room that evening, we were unable to park our car convenient to our room. Next time, we will stay somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Fresno, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

For what you pay a night for the 'Park and Fly' special, you really should get a lot more. There's a lot of hotels in the area that provide the same service and are a much better value.

Firstly, while the rooms have technically been renovated recently and are nice on the inside, it's pretty clear they spent all of their renovation funds on the interior and didn't bother to update their windows. I didn't sleep at all the night we stayed as I could hear every car that passed, every conversation out on the hallway and every guest that showed up in the night. It might as well have been made out of tissue paper.

The biggest sell on this deal was the 'Park and Fly'. Leave your car there and they'll get you to the airport. That's the bait. The switch is that there's not a 'shuttle', you get a 'voucher' for a local cab company to take you to the airport and a second voucher for the way home. This worked fine getting TO the airport, but on the way home no cabbies would take this voucher. My wife, infant son and I stood outside the airport at the taxi stand for an hour while we tried to find a cabbie to take us to the hotel. It was to the point that the guy working the cab stand was about to take us home himself. The hotel had no suggestions on how to fix it - just were 'upset' that the cabbies weren't taking the voucher.

I was scheduled for two nights, one night on either side of our trip. My experience was so bad that I cancelled the second night and we drove home through the night. Add to that the cluster with the cab, and it makes it an experience I wouldn't want to repeat.

Until they fix their sound issues, and have their own shuttle you'll get a better value staying somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I was hoping for more paying around $100 per night. room was big and clean but needs an update. Location is ok but not great...don't think I would come back..not because it is bad but I think I can do better for the money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Mission Inn Santa Clara? Share your experiences!