“Currently doing renovations” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
Menifee, California
“Currently doing renovations”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is currently undergoing renovations so just beware that your stay will not be everything you were hoping for. My husband and I just stayed here and upon arrival the electricity was out and they were running generators. The TV's didn't work for most of our 3 night stay. The restaurant and lounge were closed so they had a make shift lounge. Not what was pictured on their website. Room service is only available from 5pm-10pm. Wifi costs extra per day. The shuttle was not around when we needed it. The business center had 2 computers both of which did not work. We also woke up to a very large spider next to the bed. The general manager contacted me about our stay and I really don't like to complain but we spent around $500 for 3 nights to stay at this hotel. For that price one would think the customer service from the GM would have been better, but I was just told thank you for the feedback. If I were to rate this hotel based on the staff and room alone I would give them a 4, but unfortunately there were too many problems going on with the renovations. They should do a better job at informing their guests that certain amenities will not be available.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
bangalore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Its not Great not Average, something in between. Stayed there for 10 days for business visit, Rooms were clean, in fact rooms were big enough. Breakfast options were good enough. They have drop facility to near by offices. Wifi is available in the room.Its right on the main road so nearby restaurants are a little far by.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at the Plaza Suite in a suite on a recent trip to watch the Pac-12 Championship game. Our arrival was a little unorganized. The hotel was obviously not ready for the crowd. I waited about 25 minutes to check in and was told our room would be ready at 3:00, about an hour and half later. When I returned I was told I had to wait in line again even though I had already checked in. After about 20 minutes they finally sent somebody into the lobby to find out which guests had already checked in. That was a good move. Outside of the check in it was a good hotel, especially for families. Our suite was a bit cramped but accommodated 4 OK. The rooms had surprisingly little information about meals, etc in the area and the complimentary breakfast looked good but again, the number of people in line prohibited my and mine from enjoying it. I would stay here again if I couldn't get into a hotel closer to the stadium. About a 35 minute walk from the stadium.

Room Tip: Stay opposite the 101 if possible.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly staff, rate is reasonable for the area. Parking can be tight if you drive a larger car or truck. Avoid the eastern-side rooms unless you like the noise of traffic on Rt. 101.

• Stayed December 2014
Ankeny, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My experience told me that if a hotel smells fresh, it would be good, and I was right again. We made our reservation for two nights right after the Thanksgiving. Both of us were very happy that we made the right choice.

Our standard suite room was cozy, clean, and with a good view of the hills in the distance. Even though the hotel had been full on those two nights, we could hardly hear any noise. The staff at the front desk and also in both the lounge and the breakfast area were courteous and all smiling. One more thing that I want to commend on is that its $100 charge removal on our credit card was prompt.

Room Tip: Asking about a room facing the hills.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Centerville, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My boyfriend and I were visiting California and needed a hotel in Santa Clara so we could tour the new 49ers stadium. I was honestly a little nervous about this place since I'd never heard of Plaza Suites before, but it had great reviews on here so we gave it a try! I was SO impressed with this place - the suite was comfy (a little small, as some people have said, but for 2 of us it was perfect). We were exhausted after a long day so on top of the romance package we had ordered (came with sparkling wine, cheese and crackers, and fresh fruit) we got some room service, which was delivered quickly and was really good! Staff was awesome. We stayed on a Monday night so the place wasn't very busy and we had a quiet room away from the freeway - it is VERY close to the freeway, you can see and hear the cars from outside so I'd imagine that those rooms facing it could be noisy. Overall a really nice trip, we were impressed and happy and would stay here again!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the freeway if possible!
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Darmstadt, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On check in I didn't exactly receive a helpful and friendly welcome. I arrived at about 9pm and was given drinks vouchers for that day which expired at 7pm.....not a lot of use there then! The next day I ventured down to use my vouchers only to discover that "draft beer" doesn't mean draft beer. It means ONE single draft beer (bud light) or a local small bottle. I advise you change this as it is very misleading. The room was ok. Shower room very small and the TVs although big are quite low resolution and the connection cut out quite often. I ate in the hotel only once for dinner and wouldn't really go back again. Staff were helpful and polite but the food was less than mediocre. I made good use of the shuttle and was pleased to have this as the convention centre is a 45minute walk away and it takes about 20min to just get over the highway as you have to take a round route. The bed was comfy but the seats in the rooms were dirty. Breakfast was a standard hotel affair except that week mornings was not a full buffet but you order from the chef. You are pretty far away from any local amenity here and the closest place I found to get a drink outside the hotel was the McDonald's down the street. The shuttle was food aside from the final day when I had it booked at 6:30 on Saturday morning. I came down to be told that it doesn't run at that time on Saturdays. I pointed out that the option was on the sheet to select that time. After some discussion to be fair they took me in the shuttle which was good because if I had not been taken I would have missed my flight. I did not need the stress of finding out that that time was not possible though. Also the lift has out of date health and safety certification. I pointed this out but nothing was done before I left. I was there in November 2014 and the certificate expired in March 2014. I wouldn't go back again as the pleasantness of the staff can't cover up the "Outlook hotel" styling and bar/restaurant/shuttle frustrations I found.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Plaza Suites? Share your experiences!