“Need to Be Close to Levi's Stadium? This is Your Place” 3 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tiburon, California
“Need to Be Close to Levi's Stadium? This is Your Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

This Hyatt is a 6 minute walk to the new 49'ers stadium. That is its best attribute. The worst attribute is the food quality. Other than an excellent sushi bar, the food is mediocre at best. The Sunday brunch buffet was really poor on selections and quality, though the wait staff were very attentive. Suggest a new head chef. The rooms are standard and quiet, despite being directly under the airport flight path. As another reviewer opined, "Not bad - not good". I would stay there again only because it is close to the stadium and the rooms were adequate. Has a decent outdoor pool but basic, small gym. It is not a vacation spot.

Room Tip: a high floor and end of the hall
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The hotel is great for conventions and has a lot of space for large meetings. The Internet connection for the convention rooms was sub-standard when I stayed last, but internet connection in the rooms was good. The hotel is fairly standard for business travel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Fresno, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is my second stay at this hotel, which was chosen because the 2 day event is held annually at this property. I would much rather stay at one of the many properties in San Jose, but the convenience of being at the event host hotel justifies staying here.

The property itself is easy to get to and has plenty of convenient parking to accommodate hotel & convention center guests. There is plenty of access to the hotel from all sides, so if you are parked in the large parking structure behind it, there isn't far to go to get into the hotel. The lot is very well lit and there are people everywhere, so security isn't an issue.

Going with the statement "there are people everywhere", going into the lobby is chaos. All the time. There are people everywhere, as the hotel bar takes up most of the lobby. To check in is an event in itself, as the area is not clearly marked and it isn't clear where you are supposed to wait your turn. There are no stansions, line markers, signs - nothing! There are employees milling around, but they are dressed so casually it takes a minute to figure out whether they are guests or staff.

Check in was not smooth - they found our reservation, but for some reason the gentleman helping us seemed to have a problem finding us a room. He was very nice, but we were not getting that warm, fuzzy feeling that all was well. After several minutes, he found us a room, confirmed the $90 conference rate and handed us the keys.

The elevators were fine and there was not a long wait for one. We got to our room without any issues, but we did notice what bad condition the corridor carpeting was in. it was badly stained and dirty. We did run into housekeeping right outside the door to our room and she was very pleasant and went out of her way to introduce herself to us.

Our room was large, clean and aside from the badly worn carpet, it was fine for the one night we were staying. The furniture in the room was in deplorable condition, most notably the faux leather recliner chair, which was cracked in the seams and dirty. We didn't even try to use it. Desipite the room's worn condition, it was very clean. The only other thing we noticed was that we could clearly hear the people on the patio below our room window, which was on the ninth floor. Luckily it was very quiet when we went to bed at midnight, so noise was not a factor.

We did eat at the bar our one night there and it was obscenely slow, and outrageously EXPENSIVE. 2 hamburgers and two beverages came to $42. Way too much for something that was not that big a deal. The food was ok, but not $42 worth of hamburger. Don't eat there if you are in a hurry - it is GALACIALLY SLOW. After waiting over 15 minutes for our beverages, I was brought the wrong thing and had to wait another 10 minutes for the correct one. Our food took about 35 minutes from the time we ordered it and the person who brought it out wandered the whole area trying to find who's food it was. By the way, the bar staff are not the most happiest of staff - I wouldn't go as far to say they were rude, but most of them seemed to not like their job very much. It is very inefficient the way they handle the food service and they seem so confused in the bar.

Upon check out, the same chaos was encountered. We would have checked out at the kiosk but they charged us the incorrect rate of $295 as opposed to the $90 conference rate, so we needed to wait in the chaos to get it corrected, which they cheefully did. Just be forwarned that the front desk staff is inconsistant. Some are highly competent and pleasant, and others, well not so competent and barely pleasant.

Overall the stay was sub-par, but for $90 we could live with it. I wouldn't stay there otherwise - it just isn't that great to pay more for it. I would only return if we were attending an event with a negotiated rate. There are just too many great properties nearby that I would rather spend my money at.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Delhi, Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Stayed in the hotel for 7 nights, the service and the staff are excellent. Rooms are big and spacious and the house keeping is good. Only thing is being a business hotel and the week I was here there was some or other event happening so the noise levels were very high. Couldn get good sleep, maybe was jet lagged and maybe there was always something or other in the corridor.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dixon CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I want to start by complementing the fantastic staff! I had trouble getting a room as the hotel was sold out. It was my birthday and I really needed to be in this location for the evening. I spoke with Jason in Reservations a number of times and finally was able to get a room. Jason was friendly, helpful and very patient with my repeated calls and inquiries regarding if there was "any openings yet". Upon arrival I was greeted with a Happy Birthday and informed I was moved to the club level. (good job Jason!). They also sent up a some birthday cheesecake and chocolate cake. VERY NICE!!! Each time I interacted with someone from the staff, it was another great experience.

Now for the drawbacks. The carpets around the much of the hotel are really dirty and stained. The carpet in the hallways leading to the room could use some attention. The elevator carpet is really bad. The room was very clean but felt a bit dated to me even though I think it was updated. It was well appointed. The internet is spotty. It turns off and on a lot. In the morning, the hallway again the elevator was filled with dirty dishes and pizza boxes. I feel like a night service to clean the hallways would have made a huge difference. Walking to the elevator looking at old food and dishes was really gross. Windows were really dirty. They need a good window washer to hit the whole building.

All an all, because of the service and great treatment I received, I would come back. Good hotel if you have need to be in the area. Kudos that they have European Style toilets with full and half flush options!!

Room Tip: I had a room facing North. Some folks we ran into while on elevator said they were facing south and...
Green Features: I am VERY impressed they have switched to European style toilets with two flush opens, 1/2 and full. GOOD JOB!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here, still am at the moment.. for 8 days. Restaurants are way overpriced. Staff is great however. The rooms are okay, hallways are needing a lot of help. Old blood stains on the bench outside of the 6th floor... carpets in halls need to be replaced. Wifi is a joke. The front desk made me sit on hold and then talk to tech support. It was a joke... oh so not impressed with this place at all!

• Stayed July 2014
HyattGuestRelations, hyatt guest relations at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 29, 2014
Dear travelerallove,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara this summer. I am sorry to learn of the challenges with WiFi and will make sure Executive management is aware of the condition of the hallway.

I am glad to know you found the staff helpful. Please do contact Hyatt Guest Relations at 1-800-323-7249 if your concerns were not fully addressed during your stay. I do hope we have the opportunity to provide a future stay that is indicative of the service of Hyatt.

Best regards,

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations
Troy, Michigan, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Nice location, right by convention center and close to a lot of business offices.

Beautiful view of the mountain.

Very sizable room with modern, tranquil decor. Tons of electric outlets and other amenities.

Wifi is not free - a drawback.

Great for business travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!