“Always a good choice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco, California
“Always a good choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara while attending the Pacific International Quilt Festival and the Santa Clara Convention Center. The hotel is attached to the convention center, so it is the most convenient place to stay. Our room was modern, clean and comfortable. The lobby lounge is a good place to have drinks and order a light meal. The hotel staff has always been very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I'm so happy that you enjoyed the convenient location our hotel has to offer. I'm so delighted to hear that you receive friendly and helpful service from our associates. I will certainly forward all your feedback to our management team.

We would love to welcome you back and hope to see you soon. Thanks for choosing Hyatt.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My son and I stay at this location every year for the Monsters of Hip Hop dance convention. Location is very clean and beds are very comfy. Hotel staff is always friendly and helpful (even with hundreds of kids dancing in every available space!). My only complaint is the elevators...they are ancient and there are only four of them!!! If you stay during a crowded convention like we do be prepared to wait in a very long line or request a very low level room so you can use the stairs.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

Nicely sized rooms, which were also well-appointed. I had a quiet, comfortable 2 nights of sleep. Convenient to the airport and the convention center (my conference was at TechMart next door). The lobby has a nice bar area that houses a Starbucks -- great for early morning coffee and pastry. The rates were reasonable too. Would definitely return on a future business trip.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We reserved a double room for 4 nights. The room that we got was dirty, had many stains near the bed and on the floor, and a noisy air conditioner. The windows could not be closed well and the room was very cold.
When we asked to change the room, we were told that there no free double rooms. The manager had a very problematic attitude and could hardly understand why we want to move.
After we insisted to be moved, surprisingly we were told that there are several options. However we got only one option, which was a small noisy double room and other options all of a sudden disappeared.
All-in-all we feel extremely disappointed and we think that this particular Hyatt hotel is way far from Hyatt standard.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Hyatt Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, February 7, 2014
Dear Oleg R,

I am very sorry to learn of your stay experience while our guest at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I appreciate your feedback as it allows us to make necessary improvements.

Feel free to contact Hyatt Guest Services at 1-800-323-7249 if we can be of further assistance.

Best,

Julie B--Hyatt Guest Relations
Sacramento, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

I love this place because of its Staff, Service, Value and location. The room, sheets, bathroom were awesome: smelled so refreshing, Beautiful style and view. People were all professional and super kind.

Room Tip: Ask for the breakfast to be included.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, January 26, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share feedback on your stay. I’m delighted to hear that you had such an excellent stay. It is fantastic to hear that you found your room to be comfortable and refreshing. I’m glad that you enjoyed the décor and view. I’m so pleased that you found the staff to all be professional and friendly. I hope we can welcome you back to our hotel again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Dayton
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt for almost a week for business. The hotel has a wonderful sushi restaurant. That already makes it A+ in my book. The lobby is open with many places to stay and mingle. The bar was great for being able to socialize with everyone at the conference. It's a great location right next to the convention center and close to our offices. The room was fine. A standard Hyatt room and was clean. Unfortunately, they did not have any kings left so I had a room with 2 doubles but it was fine anyway. I have to say the walls between the rooms are very thin. You can hear everything in the adjacent rooms, and you have to be very careful not to make any noise or you will disturb the other guests. The breakfast was also very nice with many options but a little pricey if you don't eat too much. You can request a made to order omelette along with the breakfast bar or order off of the menu.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant, the bar, the lobby and the room. I appreciate that you also took the time to share your concerns regarding the walls and breakfast. I will be sure to share your concerns with hotel management. I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Regards,

Belinda M - Guest Relations Associate
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara is located perfectly for conventions - next to the Santa Clara Convention Center. The hotel has its own banquet halls and rooms that can be used for events etc. - which is exactly what we did.

This was my first stay in a Hyatt of any sort so I did not have any specific expectations. The rooms were nice but I really could have done with a different basin...the design of the one in the room leaves me wondering at its efficiency. Also, the flow of water is a trickle and that doesn't help you when you're getting your morning shave!

The room itself is comfortable and the breakfast is good. The lounge area on the ground floor is well suited to evening conversations over a drink. Friendly and attentive staff, lots of open space and free parking (if you don't need a valet). Overall, it was a good experience and I'd stay here again if work needs me in Santa Clara.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Hello Pratish M,

Thank you for staying with us in Santa Clara and for providing feedback regarding the stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel, their convention services, the comfort of the rooms and the lounge area. I do hope that another event or a personal trip brings you back our way again.

Regards,

The Plaza Suites
The Plaza Suites
#10 of 33 in Santa Clara
4.0 of 5 stars 360 reviews

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!