I was in Santa Clara for a business meeting for 3 nights in early November. Overall, it was a very good visit at the Hyatt Regency.
The staff was excellent, almost without exception. Was very impressed with the way I was welcomed to the hotel, from the staff outside, to the clerk who checked me. I had some trouble getting my Gold Passport number onto my reservation ahead of my visit, but the person who checked me was able to help me fix that. He also switched me to a different room on the 11th floor, which I was told was for Gold Passport members. There were some small additional amenities, like cookies in the evening and fresh fruit in the morning. (One of the 3 mornings, however, there were still cookies out when I would have expected the fruit.)
Continuing with the staff - when I got to my room, there were a couple members of the housekeeping staff cleaning adjacent rooms. They stopped what they were doing, said hello, and asked if there was anything they could do for me. I'm more accustomed to housekeeping staff just quietly trying to fade into the background - I was pleasantly surprised at the extra friendliness and focus on customer service. On a different day, I had breakfast in the Tusca restaurant. The person who seated me was courteous and informative, and the hostess came by to make sure I was doing well and chatted for a minute. Again, very professional and impressive. And my first night, I went down to the sushi place in the lobby. The sushi chefs were very helpful in helping me select what I'd like and accommodating when I decided I wanted to get my order to go to take up to my room. The sushi itself was also quite good.
The room itself was fine. I had a room that had 2 double beds. That worked out fine for me, since I was travelling alone. But I have to admit I was surprised at double beds - I would have thought that they would have 2 queens. With that said, the bed and pillows were comfortable and I slept well. I appreciated that they had electrical outlets built into the night stand and on the wall by the workspace. Made it easy to plug in my laptop and phone charger. The workspace had a good chair - that was a plus. I was disappointed, however, that there wasn't a sofa or armchair for relaxing/reading/watching TV, especially since I was led to believe that my room was an upgrade. It didn't feel especially upgraded. In talking with some others who were there for the same meeting, they got additional toiletries that I did not get. I also would agree with some of the others who commented on the décor - it just seemed odd, especially in the halls and by the elevators. The bathroom was also odd. As you can see from some of the photos, the bathroom door was kind of like a barn door - a frosted-glass-sliding-door-on-a-rail -- not a problem, just odd. The sink was also odd - a square ceramic "vessel" sink with the faucet off the left. I needed to rinse out a piece of clothing (spilled on my sweater) and the sink was very awkward for that. From a design perspective it looked good, but was not as functional as I would have liked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Priceline and Orbitz so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara