Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is a little lesser than its counterparts, but what it lacks in certain areas it is convenient to a lot of local companies, the new stadium, Great America and the Santa Clara Convention Center.
The property was redone a couple years ago, but it was done in a 60's colored motif that makes it look a little tired. The lobby area is awesome and the bar area has a lot of seating etc. The drinks are pricey though. The food is ok, not the greatest.
Check in was simple, the front desk staff was always plentiful and helpful. I stayed in a room on the 11th floor (If I remember right) and everything is standard. If a convention gets out, like any convention hotel it is going to take awhile at the elevators.
The hallways are in dark pastel colors making it seem dirty and sad, but they were clean. The room is standard, but my first room smelled of spray and smoke. They were clearly trying to cover the smell, so I understand having to do so - but let it air out more.
The rooms decor is simple, but very ikea reminiscent, the colors again are pastels which make it tired and sad to look at - no warm colors or exciting design elements. The carpet seemed clean and while I was there they were cleaning some rooms (A bit loud, but the team always asked people around them if it was okay which I thought was a great gesture)
The bathroom area is standard, nothing great - the shower is standard and good water pressure. The sink is odd as they put the faucet on the left hand side - so it is awkward and gets water everywhere. If you are a fan of Hyatt Regency or Hyatt in general you know a focus is on their bath amenities - I freaking love them. They smell awesome and are plentiful.
The bedroom is standard and the beds are okay, clean sheets and lots of pillows etc. The TV is flat screen, nothing amazing. Standard amenities in the room - except no extra small seating area just a desk chair.
The best touch was a "Happy Hour" through room service from if I remember 3-6PM - the prices where on target and a pitcher of beer (Stella) was only $8 or something! AMAZING While the typical business traveler doesn't get back till later, get back for that special!
The worst part of this stay was the noise from the hallway, you could hear every little detail. At around 2-3AM there was a drunk individual outside in the hallway having a fight with someone in his room and it took security forever to even come up and the fight in the hall went on for at least 30-45 minutes. That was amazing it took security so long - then you could hear people coming in and out of their rooms all night.
Overall, a very standard Hyatt - there are a few other hotels in the area - there is a Hilton across the street - but it is dated. There is a Marriott maybe a mile away that packs in groups and families so it is noisy and it is a Marriott (I am not a fan). Avatar a JDV hotel is across from there and is okay, but very Motel 8esq - Embassy Suites and Plaza are great choices as well.
Staff, good - Hotel, okay - Location, Good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara