“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 33 hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I've been on this hotel for a full week, and I loved it, nothing to complain about (except the missed lights switch near the bed. I need to get out from the bed to switch off lights...)
Staff are very professional and cool, food and beverage are amazing. The room is always very clean,...
The location of the hotel is also great, and I can reach out to wherever I want to go easily!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Hello Helmy T,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We are so happy to have you stay with us and we definitely hope you join us again. I am thrilled to hear you are enjoying your stay in its entirety and thank you again for your kind words. We will definitely forward them to our executive management team to congratulation there staff on. Thank you for choosing Hyatt for your travels to Santa Clara.

Warm regards,

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

While my stay at the property was brief, a late 11 pm arrival at SFO, I recognized that their restaurant might be closed. I contacted the property to see if the restaurant was open not wanting to get fast food. I was advised that the restaurant was closed but they would have some sandwiches delivered to my room once I checked in. While I was not crazy about the idea of a sandwich, they offer was outstanding. During check-in (different the one I spoke to) I inquired if I had free breakfast as my Hyatt status has given me breakfast at other properties. While breakfast was not included, the check-in attendant gave me access for the day to the Regency Club the next morning. I wouldn't have been upset if he said no, but again, the fact that they gave me the opportunity to experience this amenity was huge. Once I got to the room, my sandwiches were brought along with 2-bottles of water. The hotel was located in a nice location next to the new San Francisco 49ers, a nice area which allowed for a morning run. There are many great bike / running paths near the hotel which was great for touring the residential area. The breakfast at the Regency Club was outstanding. I indulged in several Southwest Eggs Benedict and other foods of the sort. Everything at this property was spot on. The staff went the extra mile. I wish I was in the area more to patronize the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear BossHog0113,

Thank you for going into such detail about your recent stay at our Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. It is great to hear how our employees exceeded your expectations with the wonderful service you experienced. Our Regency Club is one of the best amenities we can offer our guests, and I am glad you were able to experience the delicious items available to guests with access to the club. It will be my pleasure to welcome you back, as our guest, on your next visit to Santa Clara. Your referral is greatly appreciated.

Nick B. - Guest Relations Associate
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Was attending a convention and this hotel was recommended. When I first called they wanted almost 400 dollars to stay there - really? I managed to get a discount by invoking some AAA and other discount rate blather to the person on the reservations line. I would not have stayed there anyway at that rate I could have stayed elsewhere and spent the money on a rental car or cab. So the hotel - well its about like a nice hampton inn but at about 2 to 4 X the price. Hyatt finally got a clue on the wifi - if you are a rewards member you bypass the gouge. Overall its a nice place for what they charge it should be remarkable - its not. The food and beverage are pretty high priced but you would expect that for a conference hotel. Nice that they dont gouge for wifi - I found the place noisy - lots of noises that the HVAC or something makes.

Room Tip: try to see if you can get away from noise makers - HVAC, elevator, ice maker etc
Dexter, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for the Health 2.0 conference and the location was great. The convention center was convenient and comfortable. The room was clean and comfortable. The best part of my stay though was Priscilla who took my room service order each night. I'm allergic to gluten and dairy and she was extremely helpful and understanding. She helped to make sure my food was prepared perfectly so I was able to truly enjoy my dinner. She was very friendly and helpful, she really made this a great and safe stay for me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Good Evening carenlp,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We often hear how greatly located we are near the convention center and all the business travel we bring in for conferences and conventions. We are thrilled to have you stay with us for your business travel. We will be sure to tell Priscilla of your kind comments and we will definitely thank her and recognize for her amazing service. We hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Santa Clara.

Warm regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Very nice business hotel.
Staff is top class - every time.
Large rooms, modern.
Area a bit boring - reason to stay is conferences in the convention center.
Good restaurant, food, Wine, service is nice.

• Stayed October 2013
Good Evening Jens D,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your past stay with us. We often hear enthusiastic remarks on how convenient the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara is to the convention center and we consider ourselves a proud business hotel. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy our food and beverage outlets and found your room accommodations fitting. We hope to welcome you back on your next business or leisure travel in Santa Clara.

Safe Travels,

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

I had the good fortune to attend a few professional events at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara while in Silicon Valley. The hotel is easy to find, with easy free parking in the adjacent structure. Welcoming, big modern lobby and a waiter greeted me to offer a drink at the bar. The ladies' rooms are outfitted with a seating area and they are just spotless which I expect from Hyatt. I have been to the conference rooms upstairs for a function and everything was great including free wi-fi for our group, plus coffee, snacks and quality meals throughout the day. The outside pool area is a very cool space for a party or work function at the right time of year. As a guest at the hotel you must check it out and take a dip, at least in the hot tub. Overall from each of my experiences I have found the staff is professional and the hotel exceeds the needs of business travelers and therefore any guest. I look forward to return to this hotel as a guest when the new 49ers stadium has games. I highly recommend this hotel for meeting planners and groups. Thanks Hyatt Regency!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for going out of your way to share about your recent experience at our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you found our hotel to be so convenient for the events which you attended. I’m glad that you found the parking to be simple and easily accessible and that our lobby was to your liking. It is great that the convention space and services, as well as the catering services, were all so excellent. We will look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel again in the future.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
Sonora, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Stayed two nights during a convention in the adjoining convention center - courteous staff, clean room and friendly, cooperative staff. Restaurant meals a bit pricey for a "small town girl", but probably the current going rate. Servers attentive, gracious and friendly.

Room Tip: Nice view of the new Forty-Niner stadium under construction from our room. Very quiet room even tho...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!