“Great place, clean, nice and priced right!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cincinnati
“Great place, clean, nice and priced right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Loved the facility as a whole and loved the room. It a fantastic place to stay if you're in for work. Nice comfortable work area in the room and a great view.

It's location is great right in downtown and very convenient to the convention center (attached).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Good Evening WilltheTraveler17,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We are so thrilled you found our location and room accommodations loveable. We often hear enthusiastic about how convenient we are to the convention area and we bring a lot of business travelers in due to this fact. Again thank you for your kind comments and we hope to welcome you back on your next visit to Santa Clara whether it be for business or leisure.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

service is really good. if you are in a certain level and purchase the option, the free breakfast offers a good selection. the rooms are fairly nice, too. it's funny to give a balcony given that there is no view, but still ok. this is my preferred location when i have to go for a bit more expensive stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Edinburgh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed because the conference I was attending was held there and it was convenient to stay in the same place.
The hotel is pretty average for this type of hotel and the food OK. This is why I generally avoid staying at this type of "in the middle of nowhere" hotel, as better alternatives are easily found.
I put my weeks laundry in to be laundered and they forgot to send it to the cleaners, which messed up my next week's schedule big time. The night staff tried the best they could and offered to pay for any clothes I could find in their in hotel store. I know California is casual, but I do not think turning up in a "I love Santa Clara" T-Shirt will impress my clients.
I will be condemned to stay here if the conference returns here, but otherwise I won't be staying.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide candid feedback on your stay. I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations. I have shared your comments regarding your laundry not being sent to the cleaners with our management team so that this can be addressed with the staff and future guests do not experience the same challenges. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to provide you with the excellent service that is indicative of Hyatt.

Abrea H – A Guest Relations Associate
San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I stayed here back in August. The hotel is a decent quality hotel. The lounge was closed when I was there but the restaurant next to the lobby was open and had a pretty decent happy hour.

Room sizes were a bit on the small end but still manageable.

The only awkward thing is the pool is right next to the restaurant. So while you're eating, there are random people/kids in swimsuits walking through the restaurant. Sometimes that might not be a great sight to see.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

I've been many times in the area, but first time at this Hyatt hotel. I chose it mainly because it hosted a conference I intended to attend.

The first welcome at the reception was amazing. The receptionist patiently explained all the benefits I can gain from my stayed and ensured I'm happy with the room allocated to me.

The room was modern, clean, nicely decorated and everything worked. Comfortable bed, comfortable settings. I was on the 13th floor. It was quiet and good overall except for the rush hours when the slow elevator stopping every other floor can be uncomfortable.

The club lounge was great. It had been very helpful as I had many 1x1, or 3 person business meetings there. They serve good breakfast there every morning.

The food at the bar is better than expected and the choice of beer is good. Everything is reasonably priced and the service is good.

Access from the hotel to highway 101 and rt 237 is very quick (what happens when you get there is different story).

One of the top 3 hotels I stayed in the bay area.

The hotel also hosted relatively small conference of ~400 participants. The facility is very good for this amount of people and all the logistics around the conference were also very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hello Ron A,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your most recent stay with us at the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. We are thrilled to hear your overall stay was great and that your room was very accommodating. Also, it is wonderful to hear about the great service our team presented to you and we will be sure to recognize them for there efforts. I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of the Regency Club access and had a chance to try our food and beverage outlets and enjoyed them. We hope you will join us again on your next visit to Santa Clara.

Safe Travels,

Drew D.-Guest Relations Associate
Los Angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I stayed in the Hyatt Regency in Santa Clara for two days while attending a conference at the Santa Clara convention center. The best part of the hotel is that it's connected to the convention center. Other than that, it's nothing special. It's not a bad hotel. The public rooms are nice and the bar had a lot of people. I paid extra for a balcony room, which had a spacious balcony with a nice view. However, I can't really imagine anyone sitting out on the balcony. The room was a bit small for a Hyatt.

Washington, D.C.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was lucky enough to be checked in by Kim, a front desk manager. She was gracious enough to accommodate my request for a high floor, quiet room, away from the convention. Aside from this wonderful experience, everything else was bland.

The hotel is loud, I stayed on the highest floor and when people walked thru the halls talking, you could hear it clearly. I was stuck here for convention and aside from having business in this area, I do not understand why anyone would pick this hotel.

The hotel was clean and room service was prompt. Housekeeping needs a little work, there were cashews on the ground in a colleagues room when we arrived.

Parking is easy and plentiful. The convention center was quite nice.

Room Tip: Take a room on the highest floor if possible.