I stayed here for a convention I was attending. The hotel, the pool, the lobby bar and the rooms were very nicely updated. They need some help from a designer on the look and feel of their elevator banks and hallway though. It is truly disgusting and makes you feel like you're in a two star hotel. Thank goodness the rooms make up for it.
The beds are comfortable and the room very modern. Housekeeping could do a better job though. They have these cool Japanese-style sliding bathroom doors made of glass. Once inside the bathroom looking at the glass doors, they're covered with toothpaste and who knows what sprayed all over them. I mean seriously housecleaning...closing the doors and look at them before you leave the bathroom. You'll notice many more things like peeling wallpaper or hair stuck to walls that you should be taking care of before you leave. Besides that, everything felt very clean in the room.
The hotel elevators, OMG the worst! Right in the middle of a convention (which the hotel is sold out to accommodate) they only had 1 elevator out of 4 working. And the one that did work wouldn't close it's doors all the way until the 6th time. It was like a bad joke. We would all try holding the door closed button, etc. But the doors just wouldn't close until the sixth try. There were no fat people on the elevator, there was no one blocking the door, but those darn elevated doors just would not close! Since I was on the top/14th floor with 2 little kids, taking them wasn't an option unless it was an emergency. At one time I did take them a few flights, and what did I see on the 12th floor? An elevator blocked open so someone could clean/oil the tracks. Really? At 9am when you have hundreds of people trying to use them? Whatever. I don't know anything about elevators so maybe this is mandatory. Don't know the story on the other 2 that never opened.
My last gripe is for the Regency Club or whatever it's called. I booked online and paid extra so I could have the convenience of getting afternoon drinks/snacks, plus breakfast for my family before we had to be downstairs at 7:30a. When I checked in, there was no mention of food even though they had me on that floor. When I asked about it he said it wasn't available and the manager lowered my rate. When I asked for proof of the lower rate and why wasn't I notified of this at time of booking, he couldn't provide or answer either. So I took down his name to make sure I got the lower rate at checkout, and luckily no problems there. So at checkout I asked the gal at front desk why Regency breakfast room was closed, and she said it always is on weekends because typically only weekday business travelers ask/pay for that service. So why can I book it online if its always closed on weekends? She didn't know. She said this is not a Hyatt thing, just their thing, and recommended I call in the future to confirm. Oh brother.
So would I stay here again? For the convenience of being at the convention center, maybe. But literally right across the street is the Hilton Santa Clara which is just as nice if not nicer, and cheaper! I would recommend the Hilton.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara combines luxury and service with a premier location. Our newly renovated Santa Clara hotel accommodations feature the Hyatt Grand Bed, high-speed Internet access, deluxe amenities and sweeping views. A selection of inviting restaurants offers a variety of cuisine, from classic American to Sushi. Take advantage of extensive meeting facilities and 24-hour business center to make every stay at this Hyatt hotel in Santa Clara a success. With its unmatched service and ideal location - connected to the Convention Center, in the heart of the Silicon Valley and near the Great America Theme Park - you'll discover why we are the premier choice among Santa Clara, California hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Santa Clara reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Santa Clara Hotel Santa Clara
- Santa Clara Hyatt Regency
- Hyatt Santa Clara