“Port-a-Crib needs to be reservation, not request” 3 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Park City, Utah
“Port-a-Crib needs to be reservation, not request”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived at midnight after delayed flights and rental car hassles and were ready for a good night's sleep. It was one more travel hassle to find out that the port-a-crib we reserved months before was in fact considered a "request" and not a "reservation." This is a huge policy mistake on the part of the hotel, because it means all their effort to provide a nice bed, etc is wasted because one member of your party does not have a bed at all. A crib should be a reservation I can count on.
We were promised the crib the next day at 9 am, but this didn't remedy a sleepless night with our infant forced to sleep in our bed. The next day in the afternoon, we still didn't have the crib and would not have gotten one if we hadn't complained to a manager who kindly borrowed one from the Marriott.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Yuba City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at the Hyatt Regency July 30-31. We found the Hotel to be clean and modern and the staff very friendly when we arrived. The rooms were of avarge size, but the bathroom could of been a bit bigger.
Our real intentions were to go with the kids to California Great Adventure Park and take off and leave them there. They are 14 yrs.old.. It worked perfectly. The kids stayed at the park while we took off for a nice lunch alone. We were close enough for them to walk back to the Hotel and hang out if they got tired, and they did. The wife and I did go out to the pool area late in the afternoon and which is a nice place to hang out and get some fresh air.
I would recommened this hotel. Just remember that m-f there are alot of business people there and is busy. It is probably not as busy on the weekends.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Rooms were very fresh and modern, and the location was easy to get to from major thorughfares. Staff was very helpful and friendly. I didn't notice any noise from other rooms, and the hotel was booked to capacity.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed here for a night after a long trip from LA, and had a very relaxing time. The room was spacious and clean with new appliances and a nice view from my top floor room. The bathroom was also well scrubbed and clean. I booked the hotel directly through the hotel's website, which was cheaper than any other website. I did not eat at the hotel, but passed an IHOP on my drive from 101HWY to the hotel, so there are budget options in the vicinity. The hotel staff was efficient and professional. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
DaniaDuke, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found us relaxing, spacious and clean. I am especially happy to hear that our staff was efficient and professional. I will be sure to pass on your kind words. We look forward to your next visit so that you many further enjoy our hotel and all that the area has to offer.

Warm regards,
Dania Duke
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I've stayed in this hotel to attend a big reunion and while the place would not merit a "wow" moment, the clean and efficent guestroom I was in did not disappoint. The staff ( from the front desk to the chambermaid to the customer service ) were polite, efficent and deferential. I could not ask for anything more than that! I recommend this place and would stay again if and when the opportunity arises

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dallas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

Stayed here for two nights while in Santa Clara on business. I snagged one of the few rooms available in the area, due to a convention (hotel is next door to convention center), and it was pricey for what you get...which is basically a room. The lobby was nicely appointed, including a restaurant/bar in the lobby, next to two other restaurants.

I had a "club" room - rather than being on a "club" level, you get a card that gives you access to the club lounge for snacks and drinks. I had breakfast there one day, and it was fine, though lacking in protein options. As for other dining, the room service and sushi bar were both good.

The room itself was spacious enough, with nice views of the mountains. However, the carpet was quite stained and the wallpaper in the hallway made the property feel older and dated than what I think it is.

The workout facility was GREAT, with top-of-the-line Precor machines.

I'm sure I'll be staying here again due to proximity of my company in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

Overall, my stay was great. My reservation was thru Travelzoo so the rate was excellent. I agree with some of other comments I read concerning price. As with any hotel, pricing is more expensive and Hyatt is no exception. The upside was the quality of the food and the nature of the service received. The staff bent over backwards to accommodate me and that's with my two hyper grandaugters in tow. Sure, I wish internet was free and the restaurant less expensive, but parking was free, room was great and the staff first rate. I have no hesitation in returning.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I am ecstatic to hear that you found your overall stay great and excellent. I hope that in the near future you can visit us again with your family and enjoy what you've come to love from Hyatt Hotels.

Warmly,
Dania Duke

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!