“SFO Limo Driver & Hyatt Regency Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Bed & Breakfast for Two
Ranked #11 of 33 Hotels in Santa Clara
GreenLeadersSilver level
Santa Clara, California
“SFO Limo Driver & Hyatt Regency Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

I have been a limo driver now for www.MySFOlimo.com for the past several years, and let me tell you there are alot of unhappy bell men at the front doors to hotels... This place on the other hand always has staff standing there with a smile ready to open the limo doors for my clients. From what my clients tell me the Hyatt here in Santa Clara has decent rooms and friendly staff, plus my clients like how its conveniently located near SFO.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
DaniaDuke, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
Thank you for the kind note about our service. It's always delightful to hear that our guests enjoyed their experience with their rooms and with our staff's hospitality. Thank you for your partnership.
Warm regards,
Dania Duke - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Cambridge, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012 via mobile

Good hotel for business: bit out of the way for anything else.

Staff always very friendly and ready to help, and the open bar area in the lobby makes for a good social feel.

The pool isn't too small for lengths, nor too hot for actual exercise.

• Stayed January 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2012

I just spent 2nts at the Hyatt. The soul purpose of this property is to be convenient for those attending meetings at one of the nearby tech companies or the convention center. That is it! I highy recommend renting a car. There is no transfer shuttle from either SJC or SFO airport. I flew into SJC and it is about 10-15 min taxi drive. This cost me $28 to the hotel and $35 back to the airport! There is nothing within walking distance of the hotel - so you are stuck with the pricy hotel restaurant. I found my initial welcome warm and sincere. I checked in online so my room was ready when I arrived after 8pm. The lobby is expansive and the check-in counter is small and fashioned to be individual counters -- I guess for a more intimate experience? I can see how this is a disaster when a large convention is in house. There was a bell boy outside when my taxi pulled up -- but he did not come my way, nor was a bell service offered at checkin to get to my room. Hmmm.

Tis true with other reviews - the halls are a fascinating flash back in time. Hard to believe after transiting thru a rather lovely entry - these halls would be so out of date and in desperate need of an update. Light blue paint and taupe,pastel colored carpet -- absolutely NO adornments on the walls or guest room door areas. Felt very dated institutional. But...one does not spend much time in the halls...right? The rooms are fairly compact. I didn't mind the open closet, but it is small. There are two frosted sliding doors which close off the bathroom and across from that a large full size mirror which hid an ironing board and iron. The bathroom is small and attempts were made to put a modern spin on the design. The sink was an above counter, square with the faucet placed on the right side...not the most convenient design in my books. Lighting was not good. There is a make up mirror and this would have balanced the need for better lighting - ONLY if it was a lighted mirror - it is not. Nice little coffee maker with to go cups as well as Tazo tea. The shower was nice - but my drain was not working well and by the time my short shower was up - i was soaking my feet in 5" of water.

The heavenly bed is nice - but not as heavenly as I have had in other properties. There is thoughtful placement of power plugs next to the bed as well as on top of the desk. Nice addition of a large casual chair as well as a decent desk chair. As others have commented - the wireless access is expensive and seems petty to charge guests who pay to stay at this level of property. The pool area is expansive and I found very lovely. Variety of sitting areas around the pool and hot tub. There is bar/menu service around the pool. It was sunny and 65 and a welcome diversion during my brief work stay.

Room Tip: I forgot to specify a quiet room - but the hotel was not full. It is true that you can hear anyone i...
Colorado Springs
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012

Easy access to SJC airport. Clean, quiet, spacious rooms. Excellent staff and service.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
price6405, General Manager at Hyatt Regency Santa Clara, responded to this review, January 31, 2012
Thank you for your kind note and words of appreciation. We’re delighted to hear that you were pleased with the overall value of our property and found us clean, quiet, spacious and excellent. We hope to welcome you back upon your next visit to Silicon Valley!
Kind regards,
Peter Rice - General Manager
Califonia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2012

Traveled with my husband to the Silicon Valley for his business. I spent quite a bit of time in the room because the weather was wet and chilly. The room was clean, spacious and quite comfortable.
Everyone there was friendly and helpful, from Nestor the doorman to Crystal at the front desk.
I used the fitness room which had everything I needed, and plenty of machines. We enjoyed the breakfast buffet. Pleasant people work here which made the stay pleasant.

Aurora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

I will have to admit, I didn't expect much from the Hyatt Regency Santa Clara. I read the reviews and expected it would be an average hotel. I didn't expect it to be as large or as crowded as it was. Apparently, in my research I didn't notice it was right next door to the Santa Clara Convention Center.

The check-in was easy enough. I didn't have to wait at all. I thought WiFi was an extra fee, but I was told it would be taken off of my bill. I'm not entirely sure why, but I didn't question this turn of events. At this point, I think paying for WiFi is a dealbreaker. The WiFi was perfectly fine (could use up to three devices on the same "account"). The room was clean and spacious and the bathroom was nice enough (could have used a bit more light). The only issue I had with the room were the paper-thin walls. It would have been nice not to hear the folks in the room next to me getting ready in the morning.

The bar area was always quite crowded, but the bartender was friendly and helpful. The hotel itself was in a good location for my needs, but you will need a car if you want to see any of the area. Overall, the hotel was perfectly nice and suited my needs just fine.

Caliifornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2012

My sister and I recently met for a night away together in Santa Clar. She booked the room on Priceline, and ended up with the Hyatt Regency. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor, as I always do ot get an idea what kind of experience to expect. The reviews were mixed and mostly negative recently. I was skeptical, but there was no changing the reservation. I was pleasantly surprised. Our room was very nice and very comfortable. The beds were wonderful. Our room was quiet, so we both had a good night's sleep. The toiletries were nice. They even gave us a travelers size tube of toothpaste. My sister was expecting robes, but it wasn't a big deal that there weren't any robes. There was a huge conference going on the day we arrived and the day we left another conference was starting. The hotel was full, but the noise level was fine. We were never bothered by any noise. The free parking was a huge plus. Many 4 star hotels charge $20+ per day for parking. At the Santa Clara Hyatt you can choose valet or self park. All the staff was friendly and helpful. We used the fitness center, and there were several eliptical machines and treadmills, so we were able to exercise side by side unlike other hotels I have stayed in where there is only one of each. They had cool, wet towels in a cooler ready for you after your workout as well as regular towels. I read a review that the pool was large enough to swim laps and heated, but I didn't swim. We loved staying here and would definitely stay here again. I'm not sure why there were negative reviews based on our stay. I did notice the manager responded respectfully to each negative response and genuinely seems to want to have a first rate experience for guests. We certainly did!

Room Tip: We asked for a quiet room.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing such a kind review about us regarding your recent stay! I am delighted to know that you enjoyed your accommodations with your sleeping rooms, easy self parking, our Hyatt StayFit Center and your overall experience. There is no compliment greater than comments such as yours and we look forward to welcoming you and your sister back when your travels return you to Silicon Valley. Warm regards, Peter Rice-General Manager

Been to Hyatt Regency Santa Clara? Share your experiences!