“Charming escape in the middle of Silicon Valley” 5 of 5 stars

Madison Street Inn
2.0 of 5 Inn   |   1390 Madison Street, Santa Clara, CA 95050   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Santa Clara B&B and Inns
Alameda, CA
“Charming escape in the middle of Silicon Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

We live in the East Bay, and planned a quick weekend away to take advantage of the many family-friendly places in San Jose (Happy Hollow, History Park, Children's Discovery Museum to name only a few). Surprisingly, it was impossible to find a bed & breakfast in San Jose, so we added Santa Clara to our search. Fortunately, we found Madison Street Inn online, and Theresa, the owner, graciously took us in last minute on a Saturday evening.

The house was completely charming and comfortable; loved the evening port wine by the fire and a healthy breakfast. Pluses we missed because our stay was so short: the daily fresh-baked cookies, hot tub out back, and nearby playground. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

57 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Tacoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2010

My daughter and I throughly enjoyed our stay at the Madison Street Inn. We stayed here so we could be within walking distance to Univ. of Santa Clara. After looking at the motels located on the other side of campus on a very busy street, I was relieved to be in a nice quiet residential neighborhood. We loved the breakfast (and being able to eat when we wanted to), chocolate chip cookies and although the bathroom and bedroom were small the bed was extremely comfortable. Theresa was a gracious hostess and very accommodating. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2010

Welcome abounded in everything from tasty, efficient breakfasts to a glass of wine next to the pool in the evening.

The location is great.
I attended a conference in Santa Clara and stayed a second week for business and leisure in San Jose. The area was accessible by good public transportation. Good restaurants were nearby. The house and yard were exceedingly comfortable. The neighborhood was perfect for walking.

The service is great.
From the welcome to checkout the service was top-notch. Theresa even helped me get a stain out of my shirt, for which I am grateful. The comfort and good food were further enhanced by the friendliness of the family, the guests, the dog and the cat.

I choose a Bed and Breakfast whenever I can for both business and leisure travel and the Madison Street Inn is in the running for the top North American B&B in my book.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
San Jose
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

If you plan to come to Santa Clara, stay at the Inn. The owners are so friendly and helpfull.
I stayed 'only' 1 month, but people that stay at the Inn tend not to be willing to leave. The atmosphere is great and they serve diner for you once a week. Either short or long stay, I would highly recommend staying there. If only to enjoy the hot tub and/or swimming pool.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

I took the chance to plan my last business trip different, staying at a bed and Breakfast place instead of one of the known hotel chains. I was hoping to get a more friendly and personal treat, a quit room with the chance to open a window and fresh air. A real homemade breakfast without being forced to watch multiple TV-channels at the same time. In short words a nice and family like place to stay with all required infrastructure needed for a business trip.
I found all this to a perfect degree and even more, in a historical building and a very nice arranged property, the is also a pool, hot top and even a small sauna. Sitting outside and working on my laptop on the free Wireless LAN, all of a sudden I found a glass red wine in front of me, with compliments from Ralph!
Ralph also invited to a Dinner on my last evening and with the other guest and some friends we spend a relaxing nice evening in the garden by the fire place.
With a little flexibility and some good idea’s the Theresa and Ralph a compensating for the missing 24by7 reception desk and guess what, you do not really miss it.
For sure my next business trip to the bay area will be no different…it will be the Madison Street Inn again.
Best regards
Claudio

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Grenoble, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2009

This is one of my first Bed & Breakfast ever and the experience was so enjoyable that I am for sure willing to re-iterate that experience again.
I would definitely recommend spending time in this very charming place for either business or leisure around Santa Clara. Theresa delightful breakfast will certainly give you a fresh start everyday during your stay!
-Kevin

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

I needed to be in Santa Clara for the month of September. The setting was welcoming and cozy. One of the really neat aspects of this Inn is the weekly BBQ. It is a nice time to have dinner and good conversion with other guests and friends.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business

Been to Madison Street Inn? Share your experiences!