“Fantastic little B&B” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Santa Clara B&B and Inns
Vancouver, Canada
“Fantastic little B&B”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had a conference to attend in San Jose, and all the big guys were full. (Thankfully!)
Came across this place on the internet, and couldn't believe the great reviews. Had to check it out to see if they were all nuts (or paid off).
I couldn't believe that places like this still existed. Very cute little B&B. Incredible hosts Teressa and Ralph. Great food, great hospitality. It really was a truely delightful experience. Next time I'm in the area I won't hesitate staying there. Why would you pay more for a sterile chain hotel room. I have stayed in many of these all over the world, and none of them offered free cookies, port, and a BBQ around the firepit after a long days work! Really feels like you are popping around to with friends who just invited you over.
Great job guys!!

Steve

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Whangarei, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Madison Inn was like staying at a friends house only with privacy. Theresa is very relaxed in her approach to running a B&B and yet professional at the same time. Both mornings we had a wonderful breakfast and she was helpful in suggesting where to dine and to go for shopping. We had the cabernet suite and found the bed most comfortable, the sheets were gorgeous. We had our own entry which was great and found the neighbourhood to be very quiet. I could have easily stayed there for a week as the inn is so relaxing. Our room was large and clean. The rates are extemely reasonable

Room Tip: The cabernet has its own entry and was very quiet, also it is very large with a sofa so ideal for a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I spent a wonderful one day vacation on Aug 6 at Madison Street Inn. Tess (owner) is a nice women and has very good cooking skill. I enjoyed her breakfast and swimming poll-side BBQ. Room is clean and with Wifi internet service. and the dog Puppy is very friendly. I love everything so I booked my next vacation on 8/30-31 at Madison Street Inn.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are large and sunny.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
San Jose
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Madison Street Inn is the place where you relax and make lifelong friends. Really, the owners Theresa and Ralph are easy going and generous. They care to every need of their guests and provide excellent service. I can attest to this because by the time I arrived, I drove cross country from Florida to Santa Clara, CA. I was exhausted and Theresa made me feel like I'd just arrived at my new place. She was even kind of to accept a package for me. This B & B is great alternative to a hotel. I truly enjoyed the outdoor BBQs over the fire pit by the pool and waking up to a nice freshly prepared breakfast. I was lucky enough to stay in the Suite. The room is decorated with fine furnishings that combine modern style with a touch of elegance and sophistication. This B & B is located in the heart of Santa Clara and walking distance to Neto's and Mio Vincenio. There is a bus line that close by that goes right into the heart of Silicon Valley and to the nearby Cal Train station. This is a great place for solo travelers, family, business types, or friends. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and get the suite. Its like a mini studio apartment complete with a bathroom, microwave, and fri...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
tesswsantaclara, Owner at Madison Street Inn, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Inn.
We have enjoyed making guests happy for over 26 years and plan to continue for many more as our efforts are being so well received.
Theresa
Saratoga, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

I stayed at the Madison Street Inn from mid-January until the end of April. Aside from giving me a clean, quiet, comfortable room at an unbeatable price, there were all kinds of unexpected extras. Theresa brought me homemade soup when I was sick, found me good people to paint and clean my current home prior to move-in, and always kept the inn's parlor stocked with port and wonderful chocolate chip cookies. Ralph, meanwhile, fixed my car, took me to an authentic San Jose speakeasy, and orchestrated at least one gourmet dinner a week for the inn's guests.

I miss the place already!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights with our dog Cooper. It was my husband's first time in a B&B & we really had a great time. Even our dog was happy playing in the backyard with their dog Lana. The location itself is very convenient. We had a nice breakfast prepared every morning. The chocolate chip cookies was to die for. The hosts Ralph & Teresa are very accommodating & attentive to their guests. We will be staying here again if we happen to be in town.

• Stayed April 2012
Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2012

I would definitely go back and recommend this B&B to others. The building is original, the furnishings are very comfortable while fitting in well, and the garden and pool area provide an enjoyable place to hang out if you have the time (and you should take the time). Above all, Ralph and Theresa are very warm and welcoming hosts. And did I mention the cookies?

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Been to Madison Street Inn? Share your experiences!