“Should've left it in my childhood” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 14 Attractions in Santa Clara
Type: Amusement/ Theme Parks, Amusement Parks
More attraction details
Owner description: The new roller coaster, called Stealth, mimics flight and is one of the park's thriller rides.
Beverly Hills, California
12 attraction reviews
“Should've left it in my childhood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Growing up I loved PARAMOUNT'S Great America...But as soon as the money dried up and paramount split from the park, all the garbage in California took over. Tacky, gross, low class is what the park screamed after all the movie relics were removed and ride names were changed. I feel bad for the miserable employees, but I feel worse for my crappy time BECAUSE they were all so miserable. I also definately smelled 'ganja' near the bumpercars...the Grizzly gave me headaches, but thats my fault. I should have saved up for Disneyland, because this was disappointing. The pizza was still bomb though, can't hate on good greasy pizza :) Oh, and also, if you're going to have 4 of your biggest rides shut down, please hang a sign in the parking lot or something so we know when to turn around. Yeah Disneyland is expensive, but you get what you pay for when you pay cheap. I probably just had too fond of childhood memories there, that this was a shock to me. I miss Top Gun and Days of Thunder :(

Visited June 2012

Gilroy
8 attraction reviews
“Great fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

California's Great America is fun on any given day but has added educational value on 'Physics Day' in May. Students conduct experiments about the rides - they 'have to' ride the rides! The park is clean and safe.

Fremont, California
23 attraction reviews
“Conveniently close to San Jose”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

It's a fun way to spend the day. The rides are fun even though the lines may be long and the food overly priced. We went as a group and really had a fun time.

Visited August 2012
San Jose, California
34 attraction reviews
“Attraction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Though this is good for families, I beleive it is for the big kids, these are not Disney type attractions, Rollercoasters and scary type of rides. There is a childrens park that small children enjoy, but not much for adults unless you like those types of rides

Visited September 2012
San Jose, California
13 attraction reviews
“Great Park!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This park is a lot of fun, the downsides are that the food isn't the best, and the rides are getting a bit outdated. I am super excited about the upcoming new ride, but I am hoping that soon CGA will bring back a backwards coaster or launch coaster. I have been to CGA a few times this year and I always have a lot of fun. They do a great job with the Halloween Haunt and even though there attractions are on the older side ,they are still a ton of fun. My favorites are the Demon, Flight Deck, and the drop tower.

Visited October 2012